Mobius Front 83 is a really solid tactics game, from Zachtronics, makers of my 2019 GOTY, Eliza and many fine puzzle games, like SpaceChem and MOLEK-SYNTEZ. I’ve been enjoying it’s Into The Breach-y tactical combat, alternate universe 80s setting and colorful characters, perhaps none more than the man of many metaphors, Sergeant Benjamin Dancer.
Dancer always seems to have a beautiful phrase at hand for every situation. I’ve only just met the man in the last cutscene, but he’s made a huge impression, with his expressions for wonderment: “Well, I’ll be fucked harder than a spatchcocked turkey,” for admonishing his driver for hitting potholes: “Gonna be sorer than a pig who lost a shit-eating contest,” and words of encouragement to his friends and colleagues: “tar your breeches.”
Dancer is a man of many words, indeed.
A colorful character in Mobius Front 83, who says a lot of wacky stuff.
- Wild phrases that, so far, don’t seem to raise problematic alarm bells.
- Made me look up spatchcock turkey, so that counts as enrichment.
- The pig one legitimately made me chuckle.
- Also, the cutscene and mission-select UI is really, really nice in this game, yeah?
- I really hope this dude doesn’t say anything shitty, now that I’ve published this.