You won’t be tending to a farm in Yakuza: Like a Dragon, but you will come quite close. At one point in the story numerous planters will become available throughout Yokohama, and Ichiban will have the chance to grow a variety of plants that can later be used to create handy healing items, gifts for a love interest, and more. This guide covers how to make the most out of gardening, as well as the full recipe list and its requirements.
How to Unlock Gardening
Luckily, this feature is tied to the main story, so you only need to progress until Chapter 4. At one point the party will visit Survive Bar for the first time, and the bartender Iroha will greet you with open arms and plant seeds.
From that point forward, planters will become available to use around Yokohama. These are all marked with a green icon on the map, and while there’s only three of them at first (located in Jinnai Station, Hamakita Park, and just outside Survive Bar) you will unlock more as the main story progresses and more corners of the city become accessible.
This side activity may seem simple at first (not having to water the crops is a relief) but its complexity grows over time. First, you need to have seeds in your inventory, and then head towards one of the planters (there’s usually two per spot). Interact with it, pick the vegetable or plant you want to grow, and you’ll be set. Once your seeds are in place, a timer will appear on top of the planters – you can take part of any other activities or just go to another part of the mission and then pick them up – you’ll know when they’re ready thanks to a blue glow around them.
A message prompt will always ask if you want to use fertilizer in case you have some. These are really useful, as they can increase the number of vegetables and plants you receive from each harvest and increase their growth speed. Always check the description to be sure – for example, those who say “greatly” can cut down the time up to a couple of seconds. It’s best to leave these for when you need a certain ingredient fast and don’t want to wait, and just have the others growing while you’re out and about doing crimes.
Keep in mind that harvests won’t give you just one, but several ingredients each time, which makes it much more appealing and worthwhile. While you can use them to craft supplies and other items, some of them will count towards Part-Time Hero requests, and the activity itself is also part of its challenges.
As for seeds, these can be obtained as loot or found inside briefcases scattered throughout the city. The safest bet is to go ahead and purchase them in a store. Some of the places that sell plant seeds and fertilizers in Yakuza: Like a Dragon are:
- Welcome Pharmacy – Isezaki Road
- Poppo (Tsurukame Highway) – Koreatown
- Kinka Pharmacy – Bar District
- Hero’s Harvest – Hamakita Park
- Yi Xing Tang – Gull Alley
If you’re wondering what’s with ingredients like Mysterious Compost or Mysterious Seeds, these will give you a Mysterious-type harvest as well, which can be used to craft some of the most rare recipes.
Gardening Recipes List
You can then use those ingredients at Survive Bar. Talk to Iroha and he will give you a list with everything you’ll need to craft food, potions, and numerous gifts.
Lunch Box Recipes
- Mismash Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 100 HP of the entire party.
- Recipe: Potato x2, Tomato x2
- Packed Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 200 HP of the entire party.
- Recipe: Onion x2, Daikon x5
- Chilled Noodles Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 500 HP of the entire party.
- Recipe: Hot Pepper x5, Garlic x2, Daikon x2
- Homestyle Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 100 HP and 100 MP of the entire party.
- Recipe: Daikon x3, Tomato x4, Potato x4, Onion x3
- Special Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 200 HP and 200 MP of the entire party
- Recipe: Potato x4, Onion x4, Garlic x4, Mysterious Carrot x1
- Luxury Kiwami Lunch Box: Bartender’s handmade special lunch box. Recovers 500 HP and 300 MP of the entire party.
- Recipe: Hot Pepper x10, Garlic x10, Mysterious Mushroom x5, Mysterious Carrot x2, Mysterious Fruit x3
- Bouquet of Pansies: A beautiful bouquet of pansies. It’d probably make a great gift
- Recipe: Pansy x15
- Bouquet of Lilies: A beautiful bouquet of lilies. It’d probably make a great gift
- Recipe: Lily x12
- Bouquet of Roses: A beautiful bouquet of roses. It’d probably make a great gift
- Recipe: Rose x10
- Bonsai: A refined bonsai. It’d probably make a great gift
- Recipe: Pine Tree x9
- Restorative Medicine: An all-purpose medicine that cures all physical ailments
- Recipe: Mysterious Mushroom x5, Mysterious Leaf x10
- Comforting Medicine: An all-purpose medicine that cures all mental ailments
- Recipe: Mysterious Leaf x10, Mysterious Fruit x5
- Comforting Medicine: An all-purpose medicine that cures all mental and physical ailments
- Recipe: Mysterious Mushroom x10, Mysterious Leaf x10, Mysterious Fruit x10, Mysterious Carrot x1
- Restorative Bolus: Revives a fallen ally with 1 HP
- Recipe: Mysterious Fruit x15, Mysterious Carrot x2, Lily x3
- Revival Bolus: Revives a fallen ally with half of their HP
- Recipe: Mysterious Mushroom x20, Mysterious Carrot x5, Rose x3
- Resurrection Bolus: Revives a fallen ally with full HP and full MP
- Recipe: Mysterious Leaf x15, Mysterious Fruit x20, Mysterious Carrot x10, Pine Tree x3