Well if the Warframe Wisp ‘frame wasn’t already popular, Digital Extremes went ahead and shined a spotlight on her during this year’s TennoCon stream. Needless to say, she’s suddenly very popular again. We’ve whipped up this guide to help you understand Wisp’s abilities and unlock her with some farming tips.
You May Also Like:
- Warframe Wisp Guide: How to Farm the Ropalolyst Boss for Blueprints
- Warframe is Getting a Better New Player Experience (Again)
- “It’s Not a Fucking Expansion”: Empyrean Is the Biggest Addition to Warframe Yet
Warframe Wisp Abilities
Reservoirs: Choose and summon a reservoir filled with motes that attach to and aid wisp and her allies. Haste mote grants increased movement and attack speed. Vitality mote increases maximum health and heals over time. Shock mote stuns nearby enemies.
Wil-O-Wisp: Cast forward a spectral image of wisp to confuse and distract enemies. Reactivate to travel to its position. Hold to have the image travel faster and teleport to its position on release.
Breach Surge: Open a dimensional breach to overwhelm nearby enemies and cause them to release aggressive surge sparks when damaged. Wisp may also target a reservoir to teleport to it and double the range of the surge.
Sol Gate: Open a portal to the sun to irradiate enemies with a devastating beam of pure solar plasma.
How to Unlock
The good news is that all four of the Wisp blueprints drop from defeating the Ropalolyst on Jupiter. You’ll need to gather one for the main body, the chassis, neuroptics, and systems. Each has about a 25% chance of dropping at the end of every mission though the main blueprint is slightly rarer. With that in mind, it shouldn’t take you more than ten runs to get all of the blueprints you need. At worst, it could take about 30 attempts.
Want tips on farming the Ropalolyst? We have a guide for that!
Here are the crafting requirements:
This build takes 72 hours to complete or can be rushed for 50 Platinum.
- 25,000 Credits, 1 Wisp Neuroptics, 1 Wisp Chassis, 1 Wisp Systems, 3 Orokin Cells
The Neuroptics and all of the other secondary parts of Wisp take 12 hours to complete. They can also be rushed for 25 Platinum.
- 15,000 Credits, 300 Hexenon, 2 Tellurium, 950 Plastids, 2,200 Polymer Bundle
- 15,000 Credits, 500 Hexenon, 1 Argon Crystal, 700 Oxium, 2,750 Alloy Plate
- 15,000 Credits, 400 Hexenon, 2 Nitain Extract, 950 Rubedo, 10,000 Salvage
Warframe Wisp Farming Tips
Thankfully, getting the actual blueprints is the easy part. Just do the mission to fight the Ropalolyst over and over again. But here’s where you can get the needed materials.
- Plastids: Found on Saturn, Uranus, Phobos, Pluto, and Eris.
- Polymer Bundle: Found on Mercury, Venus, and Uranus.
- Alloy Plate: Found on Venus, Jupiter, Sedna, Phobos, and Pluto.
- Rubedo: Found on Phobos, Earth, Pluto, Europa, Sedna, and Orokin Void.
- Salvage: Found on Mars, Jupiter, and Seda.
- Hexenon: Acquired from enemies and loot caches on Jupiter. Also a reward from Disruption.
- Tellurium: A rare drop from Archwing Grineer Sealab, and Grineer Asteroid Fortress enemies. Also found as a daily login bonus.
- Argon Crystal: A rare drop from the Orokin Void tileset and some Assassination targets. These decay over 24 hours, so you should acquire this last.
- Oxium: Drops from Oxium Ospreys (Corpus). Found in storage containers, low-tier bounties, and Grineer Sealab Sabotage missions.
- Nitain Extract: Found in resource cache rotation C in Reactor Sabotage. Also rewarded in Nightwave and Ghoul Purge bounties.
And that’s it! Best of luck unlocking the Wisp Warframe for yourself! Check out our Warframe hub for more of our coverage and guides!