2022 hasn’t seen the last of Vampire Survivors, which continues to morph and evolve during Early Access. The latest update adds a new gameplay mechanic that presents an overwhelming potential already for those who love experimenting with builds. This guide explains how to unlock the Vampire Survivors Arcanas, as well as how they work and the full list available at the moment.
How to Unlock Arcanas in Vampire Survivors
First of all, in order to unlock the Vampire Survivors Arcanas, you’re going to need access to Gallo Tower. For this, you need to have reached level 60 during a Dairy Plant run. If you don’t have access to the Dairy Plant stage yet, play any stage with a character of your choosing until you reach level 40.
In order to unlock Arcanas in Vampire Survivors, here’s what you need to do:
- In the Gallo Tower stage, head to the top and grab the Randomazzo item there
You can just rush your way to the Randomazzo location, but beware of freeze attacks in the area. Make sure to pick a character that can either withhold the damage or just move fast. Since you don’t need to defeat a specific enemy or reach a certain time in the stage to unlock a chest, it’s a fairly straightforward step.
Once you have the Randomazzo, the Arcanas mechanic automatically becomes available to use in all future runs.
Keep in mind that Arcanas aren’t available in the public version of the game just yet, but you can opt-in for the public beta (Windows only) by following these steps:
- In your Steam library, right-click on Vampire Survivors on the list on the left side
- Click Properties, and then head to Betas
- Under “Select the beta you would like to opt into,” click None and select “public-beta – Public Beta”
- Download the update
That’s all! Now, let’s see what this gameplay mechanic is all about.
Vampire Survivors Arcanas List and How They Work
Last updated on May 9, 2022
The Vampire Survivors Arcanas list is as follows:
- IV – Awake: Gives +3 Revivals. Consuming a Revival gives +10% MaxHealth, +1 Armor, and +5% Might, area, Duration, and Speed
- V – Chaos in the Dark Night: Overall projectile Speed continuously changes between -50% and 200% over 10 seconds
- VI – Sarabande of Healing: Healing is doubled. Recovering HP damages nearby enemies for the same amount
- VII – Iron Blue Will: Listed weapon projectiles gain up to 3 bounces and pass through enemies and walls
- XI – Waltz of Pearls: Listed weapon projectiles gain up to 3 bounces
- XV – Disco of Gold: Picking up coin bags activates Gold Fever, which provides as many HP as gold you pick up afterward
- XVI – Slash: Enables critical hits for set weapons. Doubles overall critical damage
- XVII – Lost & Found Painting: Overall Duration continuously changes between -50% and +200% over 10 seconds
- XVIII – Boogaloo of Illusions: Overall Area continuously changes between -25% and +50% over 10 seconds
- XIX – Heart of Fire: Set weapon projectiles explode on impact. Light sources explode. Character explodes when damaged.
After you’ve gotten a hold of the Randomazzo in Vampire Survivors, you can access Arcanas at the start of every run, right after you’ve entered the stage. You can select only one Arcana at the beginning of a run, but you can have up to three at the same time. As for the other two Arcanas, you can get a random draft from Treasure Chests. As explained by the developer, “most Treasure Chests containing Arcanas are carried by bosses spawning at minute 10:00 and 20:00” of each run.
That is pretty much it for now. Arcanas have distinct effects and, while not all of them are available at the moment (the rest are being added in future patches), they’re a promising prospect and a foundation to start toying around with.
You May Also Like:
- Vampire Survivors Dev Talks Scrapped Story Mode And NFT Jokes
- Vampire Survivors Update – How to Unlock Characters Dommario & Suor Clerici
- Vampire Survivors Stone Mask Guide – How to Unlock the Stone Mask
Those are all the Vampire Survivors Arcanas available for the time being. Go forth and make heist out there!