The next horrifying installment of the Resident Evil series has finally arrived. Continuing the story of Ethan Winters following the events of Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil Village sees our titular hero venture into a mysterious eastern European town to save his kidnapped baby. Throughout your journey, Ethan will encounter all sorts of horrific monsters, eccentric characters, puzzles, and familiar faces. Pulling inspiration from previous entries, Resident Evil Village mixes both horror and action. Unlike the last game, Village has a ton of weapons that players can unlock and use. While you will only come across some weapons during your first playthrough, others will become available upon completing the story.
How to Unlock Every Weapon
There are four different ways you can obtain new guns in Resident Evil Village. The first is simply by discovering them in the world, as many of the core weapons will be just lying around in different areas. Your second method is by purchasing them from the Duke, most of which will cost tens of thousands of Lei. There are also weapons locked behind completing the campaign on a specific difficulty and ones you can buy with Challenge Points (CP) in the Bonus Extra Content Shop.
Here is a list of every weapon in Resident Evil Village and how to unlock them:
- LEMI (Handgun) – Given to Ethan at the start of the story.
- M1987 (Shotgun) – During the opening, endless lycan attack. You can find the shotgun sitting on the table with the checkered tablecloth.
- F2 Rifle (Sniper Rifle) – Found in castle attic above the Atelier five bell puzzle. Once you complete the puzzle, take the ladder up to the attic and you’ll find the rifle at the end of the room.
- W870 TAC (Shotgun) – After defeating Angie and leaving the estate, you’ll find this shotgun in the house by the graveyard.
- M1911 (Handgun) – Go to the house in the village with the big gate and “Do Not Enter” sign out front. In the small shack enter the code 070408 in the lock in the back left corner.
- GM 79 (Grenade Launcher) – Right after you’re attacked by the massive black wolf in the village, the grenade launcher is in the house locked by the Iron Insignia Gate.
- M1851 Wolfbane (Magnum) – After killing Moreau, use the crank to open the Mechanical Door by the Windmill Labyrinth puzzle. At the very top of the hill, inside the house, the magnum will be in a small chest.
- V61 (Submachine Gun)
- SYG-12 (Shotgun)
- S.T.A.K.E. (Magnum)
Extra Content Shop
- Karambit (Knife)
- USM-A1 (Pistol)
- Dragoon (Assault Rifle)
- WCX (Assault Rifle)
- Handcannon PZ (Magnum) – Beat the game on Hardcore difficulty
- Rocket Pistol (Special) – Beat the game on Village of Shadows difficulty
- LZ Answerer (Laser Sword) – Complete all Mercenaries stages with at least an SS Rank
Keep in mind, any weapon you get from the Extra Combat Shop, must then be purchased at the Duke. You can also get infinite ammo for any of the weapons above by obtaining all their upgrades and attachments. This allows you to buy the infinite ammo variant for CP. As for the campaign guns, you can actually miss all of them but the LEMI. Because of this, I recommend you grab these weapons as soon as possible, as they can make a big difference during your first playthrough. This is especially true for the grenade launcher and magnum, which are terrific boss damaging weapons.