A major Teamfight Tactics update is due in a few months! Riot Games has announced that TFT Set 3 is on its way as part of the continued effort to rotate the set of available TFT champions every few months. Read on to find out everything we know so far about TFT Set 3 including who we can expect to show up for the party.
When Does TFT Set 3 Come Out?
No specific date has been announced. All we know is it’s expected to launch in March 2020 alongside the mobile app for Android and iPhone.
What’s Included in Set 3?
The TFT Galaxies set comes with new origins, classes, items, and champions.
Riot has talked extensively about new cosmetics, some of which will come from the new Galaxies Pass+, a paid version of the battle pass. You’ll be able to unlock rewards including new, overhauled arenas, not reskins; the UFO Sprite and Astronaut Molediver Little Legends; Booms, new damage particles when you win games; and other Little Legends eggs!
Will the Ranked Ladder be Reset?
Yes! Sometime during the release day the ladder will be reset.
TFT Set 3 New Features & Changes
Set 3 Changes
- First carousel is now all 1-cost champions.
- Full items can show up earlier than the fifth carousel.
- Components can now show up in the sixth carousel and beyond.
- Passive Income: 1-2-5-4-5-5 → 0-2-2-3-4-5-5
- Gold & Champions Medium boxes can’t drop in the first two PVE rounds.
- Streak Breakpoints: 2-3(1g), 4-6(2g), 7+(3g) → 2-3(1g), 4-5(2g), 6+(3g)
- Can no longer sell champions during carousel stage.
- Base Damage Per Stage: 0/2/3/4/5/6/7 → 0/3/4/6/10/14/20
- Additional damage per surviving champion is now +1 damage, no matter the cost or star level of the champion.
- Melee champions now move slightly earlier than ranged champions.
- Champions in range will now only chase their target for 1 hex before switching to the closest enemy.
- Mana gain from attacking by star level: 8/10/12 → 10/10/10
- Grievous Wounds: 80% Healing Reduction → 50% Healing Reduction
- Every champion now has an AP scaler on their abilities. AP can scale things other than damage/healing/shielding.
- Level 7 Drops (20%/30%/33%/15%/2%) → (20%/30%/33%/16%/1%)
- Neeko’s Help is ~35% less likely to drop from all boxes.
- Increased Spatula drop rate from Gold Boxes.
- Disarm no longer prevents spell casts. Only auto attacks.
TFT Set 3 New Items
We don’t now what Riot has in store for the item system. We suspect the item balance in the game continues to be a work in progress. However, Riot confirms that there are some item reworks on the way which should help out in certain situations.
- Hush Removed
- Iceborne Gauntlet Removed
- Titanic Hydra Removed
- (NEW) Chalice of Favor (Tear of the Goddess + Negatron Cloak) – Whenever you cast your spell, give all nearby allies 10 mana.
- (NEW) Shroud of Stillness (Brawler’s Glove + Chain Mail) – At the start of combat, shoot a beam forward that causes all enemies hit to have their max mana increased by 40% until they cast once.
- (NEW) Zz’Rot Portal (Recurve Bow + Giant’s Belt) – Upon death, summon a Voidling with 1000/2000/4000 HP that taunts all nearby enemies.
- ??? (Spatula + Negatron Cloak): Wearer is also a Celestial.
- ??? (Spatula + Sparring Gloves): Wearer is also a Dark Star
- ??? (Spatula + Chain Vest): Wearer is also a Rebel.
- ??? (Spatula + Tear of the Goddess): Wearer is also a Star Guardian.
- ??? (Spatula + Recurve Bow): Wearer is also an Infiltrator.
- ??? (Spatula + Needlessly Large Rod): Wearer is also a Demolitionist.
- ??? (Spatula + Giant’s Belt): Wearer is also a Protector.
- ??? (Spatula + BF Sword): Wearer is also a Blademaster.
Set 3 Item Balance Changes
- Deathblade Starting Stacks: 1 ⇒ 3
- Giant Slayer: 9% current HP ⇒ 12% current HP physical damage
- Hextech Gunblade Vamp: 33% ⇒ 35%
- Ionic Spark: Now also reduces nearby enemies’ MR by 50% (does not stack)
- Quicksilver: CC Immune ⇒ CC Immune for the first 10 seconds.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap Bonus AP: 75% ⇒ 50%
- Redemption: Wearer heals entire team for 800 hp on death
- Runaan’s Hurricane: Projectile damage 60% ⇒ 70% of standard
- Statikk Shiv: 85 ⇒ 70 dmg per bounce
- Warmog’s Armor: 6% missing HP ⇒ 5% missing HP, max of 150 HP/tick
- Zeke’s Herald: 15% AS ⇒ 18% AS
- Zephyr Banish Duration: 6 sec ⇒ 5 sec
TFT Set 3 Classes & Origins
Keep in mind that this content is on the public beta environment and is subject to change or be wrong.
Blademasters remain unchanged, gaining a chance to attack two extra times with each attack.
- 3 Blademasters – 25% chance on hit for Blademasters to attack two extra times
- 6 Blademasters – 50% chance on hit for Blademasters to attack two extra times
Confirmed Champions: Xayah (1), Fiora (1), Shen (2), Yasuo (2), Master Yi (3), Irelia (4), Kayle (5)
Blademasters remain unchanged, gaining a chance to attack two extra times with each attack.
- 2 Blasters – Every fourth Blaster attack fires two additional attacks.
- 4 Blasters – Every fourth Blaster attack fires four additional attacks.
Confirmed Champions: Graves (1), Lucian (2), Ezreal (3), Jinx (4), Miss Fortune (5)
Brawlers too remain unchanged, just getting bonus health.
- 2 Brawlers – Brawlers gain +250 health.
- 4 Brawlers – Brawlers gain +750 health.
Confirmed Champions: Malphite (1), Blitzcrank (2), Vi (3), Cho’Gath (4)
The Celestial champions allow all of your allies to heal as they deal damage.
- 2 Celestials – All allies heal for 10% of the damage they deal.
- 4 Celestials – All allies heal for 20% of the damage they deal.
- 6 Celestials – All allies heal for 40% of the damage they deal.
Confirmed Champions: Xayah (1), Rakan (2), Xin Zhao (2), Kassadin (3), Ashe (3), Lulu (5)
Chronos specialize in increasing attack speed of your entire team.
- 2 Chronos – All allies gain 10% attack speed every 4 seconds.
- 4 Chronos – All allies gain 20% attack speed every 4 seconds.
- 6 Chronos – All allies gain 40% attack speed every 4 seconds.
Confirmed Champions: Twisted Fate (1), Caitlyn (1), Shen (2), Blitzcrank (2), Ezreal (3), Wukong (4), Thresh (5)
Cybernetic champions need items to fully activate their ability.
- 3 Cybernetics – Cybernetic champions with an item gain 30 AD and 300 HP.
- 6 Cybernetics – Cybernetic champions with an item gain 75 AD and 700 HP.
Confirmed Champions: Leona (1), Fiora (1), Lucian (2), Vi (3), Irelia (4), Ekko (5)
Dark Stars grow stronger as they fade away.
- 3 Dark Stars – When a Dark Star dies, it gives +30% increased damage, plus previous stacks of this effect, to the nearest ally Dark Star.
- 6 Dark Stars – When a Dark Star dies, it gives +50% increased damage, plus previous stacks of this effect, to the nearest ally Dark Star.
Confirmed Champions: Jarvan IV (1), Mordekaiser (2), Karma (3), Shaco (3), Lux (3), Jhin (4)
There aren’t many Demonlitionists, and just splashing two into your team looks to be beneficial.
- 2 Demolitionists – Demolitionist spells stun targets they hit for 1.5 seconds.
Confirmed Champions: Ziggs (1), Rumble (3), Gangplank (5)
Infiltrators are good at the start of combat, but can ramp up again if you have at least four.
- 2 Infiltrators – Infiltrators gain 60% Attack Speed for the first 8 seconds of combat.
- 4 Infiltrators – Infiltrators gain 60% Attack Speed for the first 8 seconds of combat. Refreshed on takedown.
Confirmed Champions: Kha’Zix (1), Kai’Sa (2), Shaco (3), Fizz (4), Ekko (5)
If you never want your opponent to cast spells, Mana-Reavers exist to help you out.
- 2 Mana-Reavers – Mana-Reaver’s first attack increase the cost of their target’s next spell cast by 40%.
- 4 Mana-Reavers – All Mana-Reaver attacks increase the cost of their target’s next spell cast by 40%.
Confirmed Champions: Darius (2), Kassadin (3), Irelia (4), Thresh (5)
We admit, we have no idea what to expect from this class.
- 3 Mech-Pilots – At the start of combat, three random Mech Pilot champs are merged in to a Super Mech until it dies.
Confirmed Champions: Annie (2), Rumble (3), Fizz (4)
Again, we don’t know the specifics for Mercenaries.
- 1 Mercenary – Mercenaries can be paid gold to upgrade their ability.
Confirmed Champions: Miss Fortune (5), Gangplank (5)
If you need some Magic Resistance, Mystics can offer it.
- 2 Mystics – +40 Magic Resist for your team.
- 4 Mystics – +120 Magic Resist for your team.
Confirmed Champions: Sona (2), Karma (3), Soraka (4), Lulu (5)
Protectors act as a great frontline for you team, absorbing lots of damage.
- 2 Protectors – Protectors gain a shield for 15% of their max health for 4 seconds whenever they cast.
- 4 Protectors – Protectors gain a shield for 30% of their max health for 4 seconds whenever they cast.
Confirmed Champions: Jarvan IV (1), Rakan (2), Xin Zhao (2), Neeko (3)
Rebels have to stick together so their traits look to reflect that with each member growing stronger as long as they’re adjacent to start.
- 3 Rebels – At the start of combat, Rebels gain a 125 health shield for 8 seconds and 10% increased damage for each adjacent Rebel.
- 6 Rebels – At the start of combat, Rebels gain a 200 health shield for 8 seconds and 15% increased damage for each adjacent Rebel.
Confirmed Champions: Ziggs (1), Malphite (1), Yasuo (2), Sona (2), Master Yi (3), Jinx (4), Aurelion Sol (5)
Snipers are a good splash for some back line damage.
- 2 Snipers – Snipers deal 10% increased damage for each hex of distance between themselves and their target.
Confirmed Champions: Caitlyn (1), Ashe (3), Jhin (4)
Sorcerers remain largely unchanged.
- 2 Sorcerers – All allies gain +15% increased Spell Power.
- 4 Sorcerers – All allies gain +40% increased Spell Power.
- 6 Sorcerers – All allies gain +120% increased Spell Power.
Confirmed Champions: Zoe (1), Twisted Fate (1), Annie (2), Ahri (2), Lux (3), Syndra (3), Vel’Koz (4)
Space Pirates seem like an excellent class to invest in early on, strengthening your end game with extra gold income and items.
- 2 Space Pirates – 50% chance to drop 1g whenever a Space Pirate lands a killing blow.
- 4 Space Pirates – 50% chance to drop 1g, and 20% chance to drop an item, whenever a Space Pirate lands a killing blow.
Confirmed Champions: Graves (1), Darius (2), Jayce (3), Gangplank (5)
Star Guardians help fuel each other’s spell casts.
- 3 Star Guardians – Whenever a Star Guardian casts, distribute 20 mana among all other Star Guardians.
- 6 Star Guardians – Whenever a Star Guardian casts, distribute 30 mana among all other Star Guardians.
Confirmed Champions: Poppy (1), Zoe (1), Ahri (2), Neeko (3), Syndra (3), Soraka (4)
Aurelion Sol is big and can cast his ultimate, but cannot basic attack.
- 1 Starship – Starships gain 15 mana each second and maneuver around the battlefield, but cannot basic attack.
Confirmed Champions: Aurelion Sol (5)
Have enemy champions that get low on health but never seem to die? Throw some itemized Valkyries at them!
- 2 Valkyries – Valkyrie attacks and spells always crit targets below 50% health.
Confirmed Champions: Kai’Sa (2), Kayle (4), Miss Fortune (5)
Vanguards are there when you need massive amounts of Armor.
- 2 Vanguards – Vanguards gain 60 Armor.
- 4 Vanguards – Vanguards gain 200 Armor.
Confirmed Champions: Leona (1), Poppy (1), Mordekaiser (2), Jayce (3), Wukong (4)
Void champions remain unchanged from previous seasons.
- 3 Voids – Void champions deal True Damage.
Confirmed Champions: Kha’Zix (1), Vel’Koz (4), Cho’Gath (4)
TFT Set 3 Champions
- Xayah (Celestial, Blademaster)
- Twisted Fate (Chrono, Sorcerer)
- Caitlyn (Chrono, Sniper)
- Leona (Cybernetic, Vanguard)
- Fiora (Cybernetic, Blademaster)
- Jarvan IV (Dark Star, Protector)
- Graves (Space Pirate, Blaster)
- Ziggs (Rebel, Demolitionist)
- Malphite (Rebel, Brawler)
- Poppy (Star Guardian, Vanguard)
- Zoe (Star Guardian, Sorcerer)
- Kha’Zix (Void, Infiltrator)
- Rakan (Celestial, Protector)
- Xin Zhao (Celestial, Protector)
- Shen (Chrono, Blademaster)
- Blitzcrank (Chrono, Brawler)
- Lucian (Cybernetic, Blaster)
- Mordekaiser (Dark Star, Vanguard)
- Darius (Space Pirate, Mana Reaver)
- Annie (Mech Pilot, Sorcerer)
- Yasuo (Rebel, Blademaster)
- Sona (Rebel, Mystic)
- Ahri (Star Guardian, Sorcerer)
- Vayne (Valkyrie, Infiltrator)
- Kassadin (Celestial, Mana Reaver)
- Ashe (Celestial, Sniper)
- Ezreal (Chrono, Blaster)
- Vi (Cybernetic, Brawler)
- Karma (Dark Star, Mystic)
- Shaco (Dark Star, Infiltrator)
- Jayce (Space Piratte, Vanguard)
- Rumble (Mech Pilot, Demolitionist)
- Master Yi (Rebel, Blademaster)
- Neeko (Star Guardian, Protector)
- Syndra (Star Guardian, Sorcerer)
- Wukong (Chono, Vanguard)
- Irelia (Cybernetic, Mana Reaver, Blademaster)
- Jhin (Dark Star, Sniper)
- Fizz (Mech Pilot, Infiltrator)
- Jinx (Rebel, Blaster)
- Soraka (Star Guardian, Mystic)
- Kayle (Valkyrie, Blademaster)
- Vel’Koz (Void, Sorcerer)
- Cho’Gath (Void, Brawler)
- Lulu (Celestial, Mystic)
- Thresh (Chrono, Mana Reaver)
- Ekko (Cybernetic, Infiltrator)
- Gangplank (Space Pirate, Mercenary, Demolitionist)
- Aurelion Sol (Rebel, Infiltrator, Starship)
- Miss Fortune (Valkyrie, Mercenary, Blaster)
TFT Set 3 Infographics
Again, TFT Set 2 updated the item and champion drop rates based on the player level. We expect to see the same thing in March, but currently don’t have anything to share. Check back soon!