A crucial part of finding victory in Teamfight Tactics is putting together a team composition that matters. This Teamfight Tactics origins cheat sheet will help you figure out which buffs you can put together.
Note: This guide has been updated for TFT Patch 9.18 on September 20, 2019.
Editor’s Note: Teamfight Tactics breaks down character abilities by both “class” and “origins.” These appear functionally identical, at the moment, and we had split them out into two separate guides, both of which will remain up. However, we’ve gone ahead and added the classes at the end of this guide as well per the community’s request.
You May Also Like:
- Teamfight Tactics Classes Patch 9.17 Tier List – All TFT Classes Ranked, Champion Priority
- Teamfight Tactics Comps Guide – 5 of the Best TFT Team Builds
- Teamfight Tactics Strategy Tips: 13 Things TFT Doesn’t Tell You
Teamfight Tactics Origins Cheat Sheet
Origins are essentially just where the champion originally came from. Putting multiple champions with the same origin on the battlefield at the same time provides various buffs. These buffs change depending on the origin and some can even be strengthened by adding more members of that origin.
The current Demons are Aatrox, Brand, Elise, Evelynn, Morgana, Swain, and Varus.
Demon basic attacks have a 40% chance to burn 20 mana from their target and return 15/30/45 mana to the attacker.
- 2 Demons – Demon basic attacks have a 40% chance to burn 20 mana from their target and return 15mana to the attacker.
- 4 Demons –Demon basic attacks have a 40% chance to burn 20 mana from their target and return 30 mana to the attacker.
- 6 Demons – Demon basic attacks have a 40% chance to burn 20 mana from their target and return 45 mana to the attacker.
There are only two Dragons at the moment: Aurelion Sol and Shyvana.
- 2 Dragons – Dragons have 83% Magic Immunity.
Yasuo is the lone exile.
- 1 Exiles – Exiles start combat with a shield equal to 100% max HP when placed adjacent to NO other units.
Glacials are primarily from Freljord including Braum, Ashe, Lissandra, Anivia, Volibear, and Sejuani.
- 2 Glacials – Glacial units have a 25% chance to stun on hit for two seconds.
- 4 Glacials – Glacial units have a 35% chance to stun on hit for two seconds.
- 6 Glacials – Glacial units have a 45% chance to stun on hit for two seconds.
Hextech champions help deal with heavily itemized team compositions. Includes Camille, Jayce, Jinx, and Vi.
- 2 Hextechs – Throw a bomb at an enemy unit with an item, and disables all items in a 1 hex radius for 7 seconds.
- 4 Hextechs – Throw a bomb at an enemy unit with an item, and disables all items in a 2 hex radius for 7 seconds.
Blitzcrank is the lone Robot, though his buff doesn’t require more than one Robot.
- 1 Robot – Robots start combat with full mana.
Imperials like Darius, Draven, Katarina, and Swain like to kill people. Their buff actively reflects that fact.
- 2 Imperials – Double damage for one Imperial.
- 4 Imperials – Double damage for all Imperials.
Nobles like Fiora, Garen, Kayle, Leona, Lucian, and Vayne are focused on keeping champions alive.
- 3 Nobles – +50 Armor and Magic Resist and heal for 25 HP on hit for a random ally.
- 6 Nobles – +50 Armor and Magic Resist and heal for 25 HP on hit for the entire team.
Akali, Kennen, Shen, and Zed, aka the Ninjas, are all about dealing damage. It’s worth noting that since Ninjas are all about precision, you need to have exactly one or exactly four Ninjas to get these buffs. Having five Ninjas will provide you with no buff!
- Exactly 1 Ninja – +50 attack damage and +50 ability power for your Ninjas.
- Exactly 4 Ninjas – +70 attack damage and +70 ability power for your Ninjas.
Only Karthus, Kindred, and Mordekaiser count as Phantoms in Teamfight Tactics.
- 2 Phantoms – Curse a random enemy at the start of combat, setting their HP to 100.
Players of League of Legends could probably have guessed that the Pirates will help you gain additional gold. Grab Gangplank, Graves, Miss Fortune, or Pyke for this buff.
- 3 Pirates – You earn up to 4 additional gold from each PVP round. Average gold per chest is 1.75 gold.
Void champions are easily recognized by their purple skin? Armor? Suits? Whatever, just get three of Cho’gath, Kassadin, Kha’Zix, or Rek’Sai.
- 3 Voids – Void units now deal True Damage.
Animals and animal-human hybrids like Ahri, Gnar, Nidalee, Rengar, and Warwick fall into the Wilds Origin.
- 2 Wilds – Each Wild unit’s attacks give them one stack of Fury (5 stack cap). Stacks provide 12% attack speed.
- 4 Wilds – All your allies gain 12% AS per attack (up to 5 stacks) AND their basic attacks can’t miss.
Yordles are small and cute so no one really wants to attack them. Either that or their diminutive size makes them hard to hit? Gnar, Kennen, Lulu, Poppy, Tristana, and Veigar are the Yordles in Teamfight Tactics.
- 3 Yordles – Attacks against your Yordles have a 35% chance to miss. Also dodges On-hit effects.
- 6 Yordles – Attacks against your Yordles have a 60% chance to miss. Also dodges On-hit effects.
Teamfight Tactics Classes Cheat Sheet
Each Teamfight Tactics champion has a class that it’s designated to. That’s on top of its origin. Finding the best combinations of these given the champions the game lets you buy is an integral part of winning games. But what buffs do the classes actually provide? We have a cheat sheet below that lists all of the buffs you could possibly want.
The current Assassins are Akali, Evelynn, Katarina, Kha’Zix, Pyke, Rengar, and Zed. Each will jump to the enemy farthest away from them at the start of combat.
- 3 Assassins – 75% Crit Damage & 10% Crit Chance for your Assassins.
- 6 Assassins – 150% Crit Damage & 25% Crit Chance for your Assassins.
- 9 Assassins – 225% Crit Damage & 40% Crit Chance for your Assassins.
Blademasters like Aatrox, Camille, Draven, Fiora, Gangplank, Shen, and Yasuo can strike very quickly.
- 3 Blademasters – Blademaster units have a 35% chance on hit to attack one extra time.
- 6 Blademasters – Blademaster units have a 35% chance on hit to attack two extra times.
- 9 Blademasters – Blademaster units have a 35% chance on hit to attack four extra times.
Brawlers like Blitzcrank, Cho’gath, Rek’Sai, Vi, Volibear, and Warwick can both tank a lot of damage and deal it right back out.
- 2 Brawlers – +300 bonus health to Brawlers.
- 4 Brawlers – +600 bonus health to Brawlers.
- 6 Brawlers – +1000 bonus health to Brawlers.
Elementalists deal with, well, the elements. So the icy Anivia and Lissandra are here alongside the fiery Brand and electric Kennen.
- 3 Elementalists – At the start of combat, summon an Elemental with 2200 health, 40 Armor, and 100 attack damage.
These are your tanky support units, so that’s Braum and Leona.
- 2 Guardians – At the start of combat, any adjacent units gain +50 Armor. Can stack any number of times. Guardians don’t buff themselves.
Guns are a class! Gangplank, Graves, Jinx, Lucian, Miss Fortune, and Tristana are all very fond of weapons that shoot things.
- 2 Gunslingers – 50% chance to attack one additional target in range.
- 4 Gunslingers – 50% chance to attack two additional targets in range.
- 6 Gunslingers – 50% chance to attack three additional targets in range.
We aren’t really sure how some of these champions like Darius and Poppy are Knights, but they still join the likes of Garen, Kayle, Mordekaiser, and Sejuani.
- 2 Knights – Your team ignores 15 damage from all sources.
- 4 Knights – Your team ignores 35 damage from all sources.
- 6 Knights – Your team ignores 65 damage from all sources.
Ashe, Kindred, Varus, and Vayne fall into the Ranger class since they all shoot arrows.
- 2 Rangers – Every three seconds, Rangers have a 30% chance to double their attack speed for three seconds.
- 4 Rangers – Every three seconds, Rangers have a 70% chance to double their attack speed for three seconds.
League of Legends has plenty of transforming champions so Elise, Gnar, Jayce, Nidalee, Shyvana, and Swain all fit into this class.
- 3 Shapeshifters – On transform, gain 60% max HP.
- 6 Shapeshifters – On transform, gain 120% max HP.
There’s a heck of a lot of Sorcerers in Teamfight Tactics and boy do they love spell damage. Group together Ahri, Aurelion Sol, Karthus, Kassasin, Lulu, Morgana, and Veigar to reap the rewards.
- 3 Sorcerers – Your team has +40 Ability Power.
- 6 Sorcerers – Your team has +100 Ability Power.
- 9 Sorcerers – Your team has +175% Spell Power.