Technically, the best way to play Teamfight Tactics is to adjust as things happen. When TFT offers you a couple of Nobles or Wild, generally you should lean into those and utilize them for early game success. However, sometimes I find myself chasing after a certain team comp before the match even starts. If that’s you, then this guide should be right up your alley. This is our Best TFT Imperials Team Comp guide which is up to date as of TFT Patch 9.15.
You May Also Like
- Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.15 TFT Patch Notes – Damage Changes, Class Reworks, Hotfix
- The Best Items for Each Champion in TFT Patch 9.15 – Teamfight Tactics Guide
- Teamfight Tactics Gets New Hextech Origin – Vi, Camille & More Join as TFT Champions
TFT Imperial Guardians
Though Riot recently hotfixed the Imperial buff applying to the items they hold, Imperials are still very, very good. Draven remains an incredible source of single target damage and he’s the defining part of this team comp.
This is a particularly good comp if you get Darius and Garen at two stars early on. Get these two and then fill out the next few slots with the best units you can manage. Try and buy up Draven, Leona, and Braum as you curve out through the mid game.
Naturally, Draven is the only AD carry in this comp. Don’t be afraid to put his items on other AD champions early on in the game. You can just sell them later.
In the end, your team comp should look like: Braum, Darius, Draven, Katarina, Leona, Sejuani, Swain.
With this group you’ll get the following buffs:
- 4 Imperials: Double damage for all Imperials.
- 2 Glacials: Glacial units have a 25% chance to stun on hit for two seconds.
- 2 Knights: Your team ignores 15 damage from all sources.
- 2 Guardians: At the start of combat, any adjacent units gain +50 Armor. Can stack any number of times. Guardians don’t buff themselves.
The Guardians provide some resilience to the rest of your champions, especially Draven if he also has Bloodthirster. That way he heals with each attack and the Armor continues to keep him alive. The Knight buff helps a little bit as well and the Glacial perk is just icing on the cake.
- Draven: Guinsoo’s Rageblade (Needlessly + Recurve Bow), Rapid Firecannon (2x Recurve), Bloodthirster (BF Sword + Negatron)
- Swain: Dragon’s Claw (2x Negatron Cloak)
While Dragon’s Claw on Swain makes him way better, for the most part you want to focus exclusively on getting Draven three items. They don’t necessarily have to be these three. Do your best! If you need to build two Guinsoo’s and a Bloodthirster, that’s fine too!
And that’s it! Best of luck with your TFT Imperials comp! If you’re looking for the best TFT team comps in the current 9.15 patch, we have a guide dedicated to that! Likewise if you’re new to the game and don’t know where to start, we have a tips guide with 13 really important things you should know. And for those of you who keep up to date, make sure to check out the TFT Patch 9.15 patch notes since there were a ton of changes!