Just because he’s been around the block a few times, that doesn’t mean Sub-Zero is ready to rest in Mortal Kombat 11. The cool-headed killer is back to do battle against his own evil brother, the armies of darkness, and time itself in this culmination of the classic fighting game series. But he might need some help! That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips for Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat 11. Let’s take a look at what makes this fighter so chilly under pressure.
- Shao Kahn Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Kotal Kahn Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Raiden Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – Inputs List & Videos
Sub-Zero Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat 11.
Sub-Zero is another great character for beginners in Mortal Kombat 11. He sports great range and the ability to close the distance rather quickly, thanks to his iconic ice slide. But what really makes him nice for newbies is, well, all that ice. Sub-Zero can use it to freeze foes in place — opening up huge windows for you to practice and initiate combos on live test subjects. Even if you don’t get the ice out, Sub-Zero is one fast son of a gun.
Much like his yellow counterpart, Scorpion, Sub-Zero can leave himself open during many of his special moves. This vulnerability can actually be tricky for new players to work their way out of, so proceed with caution when using special attacks. One good way around this weakness is by using Sub-Zero’s long-range normal weapons (which swing ice axes and swords all about the place). These are quick, but have very easy-to-read animations that might make you a bit predictable.
Sub-Zero Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Sub-Zero is pretty comfortable at any range. He has solid projectiles, weapons to attack from the middle distance, and good mix-ups. So don’t worry if your opponent is keeping you at a specific range.
- If you can get in close, however, you should take the opportunity. Sub-Zero has a lot of great close-up attacks that are deadly fast and easy to get out.
- The ability to freeze opponents in place will allow you to practice combos in a live environment. Use this to your advantage to learn while you fight!
- Like many characters that are balanced and jack-of-all-trades, master of none, the key to victory is exploiting your ability to attack at any range. Keep out of the range your opponent excels in and take advantage of your combos to win the day.
- Sub-Zero’s moveset can be easy to recognize with veteran players, so make sure to change up your moveset from time to time with the kustomization options and make it harder for your opponent to guess what you’re going to do.
- The Ice Slide attack can punish just about every move in Mortal Kombat 11. Use it often to counterattack when you block a combo.
Sub-Zero Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Sub-Zero Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Sub-Zero tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!