Skarlet enters the Mortal Kombat 11 roster as a base character for the first time ever. Although she doesn’t play a major role in the game’s story mode, she does fit into the new cast nicely with flashy attacks based on blood magic. Played correctly, she can dominate a distance and up close. Let’s take a look at our Skarlet guide for Mortal Kombat 11 to find out how!
- Frost Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Kitana Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – List & Video
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Skarlet Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Skarlet in Mortal Kombat 11.
Skarlet is a zoning character with a twist: She’s more effective at mid-range than super far away from her opponent. Despite having incredible ranged attacks, with her whip and Blood Tentacles, she also has some very powerful close-range combo strings. So you want to be near enough to your opponent to get in and start punching. Keep about one forward jump away from your foe for maximum effectiveness.
Skarlet pays for those strong combos. Her most devastating strings are unsafe on block. That is to say, if you don’t hit your opponent, they can counterattack and “punish” you easily. That requires you to “hit confirm” (essentially deciding whether to finish a combo or back off and re-position yourself) frequently. This makes Skarlet a more complex character in Mortal Kombat 11 than she initially seems.
Skarlet Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Despite seemingly having a small dagger as a weapon, Skarlet is actually more of a mid-range character. A lot of her moves have more range than you would expect for the blood assassin.
- Skarlet’s Whip Snap can be used to knock airborne foes in front of her down, and is quick to pull off, making it an effective anti-air move.
- The Blood Tentacle has a lot of different ranges to choose from (depending on your input). You can use the Tentacle to throw your opponent off while you move in or launch a combo.
Skarlet Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Skarlet Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Skarlet tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!