For most Sims 4 players, using cheats or mods is a core part of normal gameplay. Whether it’s remedying that awful moodlet that’s putting a damper on a date, giving the family a small donation of Simoleans, or just teleporting someone because they’re somehow stuck in a wall. We’ve compiled the most frequently used Sims 4 cheats so you don’t have to go looking elsewhere. Note that there are more Sims 4 cheats than this that encompass just about everything you can think of. Our Sims 4 guide covers the basics and most frequently searched cheats.
How to Turn On Sims 4 Cheats
To enter a cheat code, you must first turn on the Testing Cheats mode. On PC you do this by pressing Control + Shift + C. On Xbox or PlayStation, you do this by pressing all four shoulder buttons – both the bumpers and triggers.
Once you’ve done this, you need to type in “testingcheats on” and hit enter.
High Level Sims 4 Cheats
These are your every day Sims 4 cheats. We’ll go into specifics later, but chances are you’re looking for one of these.
- testingcheats on – Enables cheats.
- kaching – Gives the family $1000 Simoleans.
- motherlode – Gives the family $50,000 Simoleans.
- Money X – For example, Money 100,000 would give the family exactly that many Simoleans.
- resetsim firstname lastname – Resets a Sim. (Replace firstname & lastname with the Sim’s name)
- Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone – Completes the current Aspiration. Satisfaction and rewards are still given.
- careers.promote X – Promotes the Sim in the entered career. For example, “careers.promote astronaut.” Any careers with spaces should be entered without spaces. I.e. “secretagent.”
- careers.demote X – Same as above.
- objects.consumables_infinite_toggle – Makes consumables not be consumed with use.
- death.toggle true/false – Enables or disables death.
- freerealestate on/off – Turns home cost on or off.
- household.autopay_bills true/false – Enable or disable household bills.
- bb.moveobjects – Lets you move objects anywhere.
- bb.showhiddenobjects – Unhides many hidden objects in build mode.
- bb.enablefreebuild – Build anywhere!
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – Unlocks all career items for purchase.
- sims.give_satisfaction_points x – Gives Sim X number of satisfaction points to buy rewards with.
- fillmotive x – Use to fill a Sim’s needs such as fillmotive_hunger.
- cas.fulleditmode – Let’s you change anything about an existing Sim including gender, traits, etc.
What Does Testing Cheats Enable?
Not all cheats have to be entered into the debug mode. Turning on testing cheats will give you the ability to Shift-Click (X+O or A+B on console) various items in the game world.
Shift-Clicking the mailbox lets you modify the entire neighborhood’s needs including starting or stopping them. Shift-Clicking a Sim lets you modify them in Create-A-Sim, giving you a chance to alter them. Here you can also edit individual need decay and happiness. Shift-Clicking the ground lets you teleport the selected character anywhere. Good for moments when your Sim gets stuck somewhere in the world. Shift-Clicking objects lets you clean (or dirty) objects or reset them. You’re also able to shrink or enlarge objects in the world. For that one time when you need a house-sized toilet. Shift + ] makes things bigger, Shift + [ makes them smaller.
And that’s it for now! If more super-useful Sims 4 cheats are added as part of any expansions or game packs, we’ll be sure to update this list with them!