Shao Kahn is just about the most iconic villain in Mortal Kombat history. And even if he’s been upstaged by Kronika in Mortal Kombat 11, that doesn’t mean he can’t still steal the show with the right handler. But how do you make this big, hulking brute live up to his legacy? That’s what we’re here for! Take a look at all our tips in this Shao Kahn guide for Mortal Kombat 11. That way nobody can ever say you suck.
- Kabal Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Kotal Kahn Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Shao Kahn Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat 11.
Shao Kahn is big, mean, and simple. He does solid damage with very little build-up or preamble. Although, if you really want to make him shine, the evil emperor still has a number of buffs at his disposal. Even these don’t require the same kind of thought as more complicated characters — like Kotal Kahn or D’Vorah. You can… kinda just use them! That makes Shao Kahn a potentially useful character for new players to wrap their minds around.
Because Shao Kahn lacks the wild and wacky abilities of other Mortal Kombat 11 fighters, he can be slightly easier to predict. It doesn’t help that he’s somewhat slow, either. Opposing players are likely going to see you coming a mile away. Hell, some of them might even remember your most basic tricks from battling the end boss in earlier Mortal Kombat games!
Shao Kahn Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Shao Kahn has multiple debuff options to help you adapt to battles on the fly. If you’re getting worked over, consider reducing your foes’ offense. If you’re really giving it to them, lower their defense to close out matches quickly.
- There is a relatively simple Krushing Blow that just requires you to use Annihilation while your Shadow Priest is active. Use this for a quick, surprising damage boost.
- Shao Kahn’s speed (or lack thereof) and simplicity mean that you should make every hit count. Try to keep your Shadow Priest buff active as often as possible. Then, if an enemy tries to get close while you summon it, use it as bait to counterattack.
Mortal Kombat 11 isn’t out yet. Be sure to check back closer to the game’s release for more Mortal Kombat 11 Shao Kahn tips. Until then, please enjoy our breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses — written above!
Shao Kahn Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Shao Kahn Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Shao Kahn tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!