Scorpion is a bona fide Mortal Kombat original. The sometimes villain, sometimes hero just might be the most iconic character in the series’ history. Although he’s gone through some massive changes over the years (both in the story and in terms of gameplay). So why don’t we take a look at this fighter’s best features? It’s time for our Mortal Kombat 11 guide to Scorpion, with all the tips you need to succeed!
- Skarlet Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – List & Video
- Kitana Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – List & Video
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Scorpion Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Scorpion in Mortal Kombat 11.
Scorpion is about as straightforward as they come (by Mortal Kombat standards anyway). He can teleport, land sweeping overheads, set up foes for simple combos with the use of his iconic chain. This makes him a fantastic character if you just want to learn the broad strokes of playing Mortal Kombat 11. You can almost look at his moveset as slideshow — full of super obvious that make it perfectly clear what you’re doing.
There’s a big downside to being so damn obvious. Everybody else can see what you’re about to do before you do it, too! It’s not hard to know when you need to stand up and block high if a big, yellow ninja is about to hit you with a slow, flaming overhead kick. Scorpion is somewhat a victim of his own success in that way — leaving much to be desired in his mix-up game.
Scorpion Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Take full advantage of the big, obvious combo windows Scorpion provides. If nothing else, these can get your feet wet if you decide to move onto other characters later!
- Scorpion can be pretty vulnerable when he teleports, but it’s still great at causing general chaos throughout the match. Use it to increase your pressure on defending foes.
- Scorpion is something of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. But that just means you have tons of options at your disposal. Mix things up constantly to keep yourself from becoming predictable, and try to catch the other player off-guard with by breaking the rhythm.
- As Scorpion is a decent fighter at any range, the most important thing you can do in a fight is put your opponent at a range disadvantage. Fighting a long-range foe? Get up in their faces and knock them out with close-range combos. More of a mid-range opponent? Hang back and use your fire and chains to keep them away.
- Scorpion also has a number of good skills to use to close the distance, if needed. While he may be a jack of all trades character, there’s plenty of ways to get into the position you need to punish foes.
Scorpion Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Scorpion Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Scorpion tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!