Persona 5 Strikers is only a few weeks away, so it’s time to rally the Phantom Thieves together for one last adventure. Developed by Omega Force and P-Studio, Strikers is a radically different style of game than the smash-hit JRPG Persona 5. Combat is no-longer turn-based, but a mix of the army smashing battles of the Dynasty Warriors franchise and the strategic combos of Final Fantasy VII: Remake. Unlike Persona 5, Strikershas players gaining passive abilities through Bonds. These skills will be obtained as you progress through the game via Bond Points.
With many different Bonds, it can be intimidating to pick the right ones. Persona 5 Strikers does not let you respec Joker, so whatever skill you select is permanent. With that being said, I have battled my way through the Metaverse to find the best Bonds you should invest in. The only catch is I will be excluding all of the Bonds in Row 3 since these unlock as you play through the game. That doesn’t make them bad, just that you won’t have as much time to increase their levels unless you are diligent about increasing your Bond Level.
Best Bonds in Persona 5 Strikers
- SP Boost: SP is one of the most important attributes of your Phantom Thieves. These stamina points will determine if and how many spells you can cast with your personas. Because of that, you always want to be leveling it up. Given how critical exploiting weaknesses are in Strikers, you’ll always want to raise your SP limit either through this Bond or outside items.
- Magic Boost: Unless you really focus on using Technical attacks or characters like Yusuke, magic will be your primary attack method for your personas. Buffing this stat will increase their damage and raise your party’s entire Magic stat by +1 for each level.
- Agility Boost: Another stat you should consider increasing is your party’s Agility. This will give your team a higher chance at evading attacks which can be absolutely life-saving when you’re against bosses or higher-level enemies.
- Pass Appeal: Showtimes are insanely powerful and being able to increase your Showtime gauge’s recharge rate can make the difference in a fight. Just make sure to keep switching between characters to ensure you can make the most of Baton Pass’s benefits.
- Spiritual Arts: It increases your persona’s magic damage, which is basically the main way you’ll either initiate fights or stun bosses. Do not ignore this stat.
- Supportive Arts: This is a must-have Bond. Being able to extend the duration of buffs and debuffs is so critical in fights. These are some of the most powerful abilities in the entirety of Persona 5 Strikers and you should always make use of these skills. Always upgrade this to ensure that you always have an advantage over enemies in any fight.
- Metaverse Medic: You will inevitably take damage in Persona 5 Strikers and sometimes it’s just better to use a healing item than waste the SP of your party’s support character. This Bond will increase those items healing potency. This may not be a big deal right away, but as your party’s health pool increases you’ll need to have healing items recover more during hectic battles.
- Extortionist: One of the first Bonds I recommend picking, Extortionist will give you more money at the end of the battle. This lets you pick up better gear, ingredients, and items for your group which lets you take on tougher enemies.
- Bondmaker: Similar to Extortionist, this is another Bond you’ll want to grab very early on. It will help you quickly raise your Bond Level, netting you more experience during interactions. This then allows you to dump more Bond Points into other skills, fueling your character’s power growth.
- Master Chef: Cooking is where you will be able to craft some of the best healing and buff items in the entire game. Increasing Master Chef’s level lets you cook better recipes, which is going to be critical as you progress through the game.