With the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator, many players are finding themselves blocked by or inconvenienced by a number of issues. From the simple to the game breaking, we’re going to recap all of the issues players are reporting and hope to update this post with information as they get resolved.
While Asobo Studios has put out its first development update, there was little inside related to performance issues.
List updated with latest solutions on September 3, 2020. Asobo plans to release a patch next week to address bugs and performance issues.
The autopilot on larger planes seems to suffer from an abundance of issues. From being unable to land to not being able to fly the plane correctly. If you’re having lots of issues with consistency, you aren’t the only one.
Asobo is currently looking into bug reports and acknowledges that autopilot can struggle with altitude and speed targets. It also clarifies that VNAV is only partially implemented on airliners, and not at all on general aviation aircraft.
There’s also a note that Garmin navigation systems aren’t currently switching from NAV mod to LOC automatically.
Live Weather Not Accurate
A small issue, but an problem nonetheless is a sometimes less than accurate live weather system. Sometimes it’s spot on and others there’s a complete lack of weather in an area where it should be storming. Lots of users are attributing this to overloaded servers not being able to send out or pull information fast enough, but Asobo hasn’t commented on the bug.
We are looking into the reports and will provide additional information.
ATC frequently tells you to change altitudes, yells at real pilots for not changing their altitude, and sometimes becomes unresponsive.
Stuck on Blue Loading Bar
For these next few issues, we’re going to highlight recommendations from Asobo itself. We have not tested these ourselves since we have not encountered these situations.
First up, some users are seemingly stuck forever on the blue loading bar.
We are currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, if your sim stops loading and the blue bar gets stuck, please try the following workarounds:
- Exit out of Microsoft Flight Simulator (Alt+F4) and relaunch the title one or two times
- Try running the sim as an Administrator
Here is another workaround:
- Check your Roaming directory (e.g. C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you see UserCfg.opt, open it and verify that InstalledPackagesPath is set to a path you wish to install your game. (e.g. “D:\Game\Microsoft Flight Simulator”)
- Delete everything else in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Start the game again. It should prompt you to select a storage location. If your UserCfg.opt has the InstalledPackagePath set, then the file path of the directory you specified should appear in the text box.
- Press Update. It should transition to a screen where you can actually see what files are being downloaded from the server.
Not Downloading / Slow Downloading
For others, the game doesn’t seem to be downloading at all or is downloading at a crawl.
If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
- Press enter
- Reboot your computer
We also recommend doing the following:
- Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off (you will not have to download from the start again)
- Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
- Turn off any security software that may be interfering (UAC, Antivirus, Firewall).
- Change the installation repository (from C: to D: for instance) or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice (for instance create “MSFS” in your C: drive)
Stuck on “Please Wait” Screen
There’s one more major pain point and that’s after loading, sometimes the “Please Wait” screen never goes away. For that Asobo recommends the following:
Some users get stuck on the Content Manager screen while attempting to download the game. It will either become stuck on a certain file or become stuck on “Please Wait…”.
Restarting the app, reinstalling the game, or deleting the OneStore or Packages folder will fix the process for some users.
Active Pause Speed Bug
One of the coolest things about the game is you can do an active pause, letting your plane continue to be animated but have everything around you on hold. You can then move the camera or enter drone mode to fly around the environment far away from your plane. The one problem? The game doesn’t currently pause your acceleration or deceleration. If you pause while in the middle of gaining speed for takeoff, for example, you’ll suddenly find yourself going much, much faster.
This can obviously be a problem when you’re losing speed midair when you pause, only to come back and have the plane plummet out of the sky.
Game Crashes When Plugging or Unplugging Controllers
Some users report controllers causing crashes when plugged in or unplugged while the game is running. For a workaround, we recommend plugging in controllers before starting the game or waiting until you’re done playing to unplug them.
☑️ Known issue: Unplugging a USB device (Joystick, Yoke, Xbox Controller, Bluetooth devices etc) while playing the sim will likely cause the sim to CTD.
This is a known issue and it will be addressed in an upcoming patch. Check out our FAQ linked in our bio for more known issues
Inaccurate Fuel Consumption
Fuel isn’t a concern for most flights unless you’re covering long distances. However, some users are reporting issues where planes are consuming up to four times as much fuel as they’re supposed to.
And that’s it for now! We’ll be sure to update this post with any information Asobo releases.