If you have somehow avoided the monster that is Epic Games’ Fortnite, first of all, congratulations. We haven’t been able to unhook from it since starting. The game has evolved a lot over the last year or so as the developer has started adding different styles to previously released skins. Some require challenges to unlock the new variants. Others are simply added for free as a way to say thanks or cater to community desires. For example, some old Season 3 skins were given new styles with their helmets off. It should come as no surprise then, that some players assumed the leaked Summer Drift skin might simply be a new style for the original Drift.
You May Also Like:
- The Absolute Worst Skins in Fortnite: Battle Royale
- Fortnite Creative Codes for the Best Classic Video Game Levels
- How to Get an Island Code for Fortnite Creative Mode
Is Summer Drift a Style for Drift?
Sadly, no. Summer Drift is its very own skin. We know this thanks to the Fortnite Patch 9.30 leaks page over at our sister site Storm Shield One. In it, Summer Drift finds itself placed alongside the other leaked skins like Flutter, King Flamingo, and Nitebeam.
We also got confirmation from an Epic Games Social Coordinator on Reddit.
Just wanted to clear up some misinformation regarding the Summer Drift Outfit. This Outfit is a separate Outfit that will be available for purchase in the Item Shop.
At the very least, it appears as if Summer Drift does come with the Oozie backpack. There will also be a glider called Driftstream and a dual pickaxe called Dual Edge available for purchase.
When Does Summer Drift Come Out?
Summer Drift is available as of publishing time (June 24, 2019) in the Fortnite shop. It’ll set you back 1500 V-Bucks!
What is the 14 Days of Summer Event?
Want details on the 14 Days of Summer event? Head on over to our guide for that!
There will be some limited time modes (LTMs) for players to experience!
Storm Chasers: Surfin
Surf’s Up! Jump out of the Battle Bus and on to your shiny new surfboard. Use impulse grenades to bounce enemy players into the storm. Race against the storm and the other surfers to be the last one standing!
Using only water balloons and their wits two large teams fight for the Victory Royale in an action-packed mode where the first team to get the target number of eliminations wins!
- Complete All Challenges to Unlock the Reward (14)
- Dance at different beach parties (6)
- Bounce a giant beach ball in different matches (5)
- Eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or a Drumgun (5)
- Thank the Bus Driver and finish top 20 in different matches (5)
- Pop party balloon decorations (5)
- Search unicorn floaties at swimming holes (3)
- Hit a player with a water balloon in different matches (3)
- Bounce off of a giant beach umbrella in different matches (3)
- Score trick points with a Driftboard with the Neon Tropics applied to it (250,000)
- Launch fireworks found along the river bank (3)
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board (1)
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match (1)
- Search the <hidden sea shell in the beach themed> loading screen (1)
- Destroy grills with the Low n’ Slow Harvesting Tool (1)
You can find our dedicated 14 Days of Fortnite guide here!