Kano holds his own against gods and monsters in the world of Mortal Kombat 11. That’s likely thanks to his ability to fight dirty — with traps, damage over time, and nasty projectiles. His versatility lends itself well to the new loadout system, too, so you can customize the crime lord however you like. But which options should you choose? We’ll do our best to answer that question and more in our Mortal Kombat 11 guide to Kano. Now let’s get to the tips!
- Liu Kang Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Kotal Kahn Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Kano Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Kano in Mortal Kombat 11.
Kano has a great number of tricks up his sleeve. That makes him difficult to read: especially after you build a custom loadout in Mortal Kombat 11. As such, Netherrealm classifies him as a “mix-up” character — a fighter that forces opposing players on the defensive, and makes them guess which angle he’ll attack from next. He can choose to go for solid combos, grabs, or just a particularly nasty special. All of which is aided by his traps and projectiles.
Kano isn’t the absolute simplest character in Mortal Kombat 11. You’re going to rely on your ability to trick opponents by using many, many different moves. That means a lot of rote memorization — and hoping the other player can’t read your mind.
Kano Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Kano normally throws his basic knife projectile high — making it easy to duck under. However, combined with the magnet trap, this attack becomes a mid. That will force the opposing player to block (and let you come in for a grab).
- You can amplify Kano’s chemical burn attack for an instant, extra burst of damage. You might want to use that in order to close out a round. On the other hand, the burn’s normal damage over time is great for letting foes play with overconfidence. Think about which one you want to use!
- Kano is a very “unsafe” character. That is to say, there are many big windows on his attacks where opposing players can react and knock him out. You need to be careful and methodical before closing the distance!
- Kano does have the option to buff himself. This healthy red glow will make his “Kano Ball” attacks (where he somersaults through the air) immune to knockback. Use this to get in close “safely” if you’re getting zoned out.
Kano Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Kano Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Kano tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!