Kabal was originally teased for Mortal Kombat 11 when the game was first revealed. Fans were unsurprisingly excited about his return, since the scarred mercenary wasn’t playable in Mortal Kombat X. Kabal has often been one of the absolute strongest Mortal Kombat characters — both in his debut game and the series’ reboot. But how does he handle these days? Well, that’s exactly the question we’d like to answer in our Mortal Kombat 11 Kabal guide. Let’s take a look at what’s new and different about this masked fighter!
- Kollector Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Liu Kang Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Noob Saibot Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
Kabal Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Kabal in Mortal Kombat 11.
Kabal has gotten a major overhaul Mortal Kombat 11. He’s no longer a high-pressure, high-intensity bruiser. Instead, he’s a more reactive fighter that responds to enemy movements — then counters and punishes them. He even has access to an unlimited parry that can shift into a full combo! This makes Kabal (at least according to Netherrealm Studios) a fairly decent choice for beginners. You don’t have to memorize a million different attack strings. Instead, you just focus on the same half-dozen options available to you at any given time.
Kabal is also one of the only Mortal Kombat 11 characters that can initiate a combo out of a special attack, without enhancing the special. That basically means he has a simple, flashy, and hard-to-avoid move that lets him land a number of follow-up attacks — all without costing Kabal any stamina.
This new direction for Kabal necessarily means he’s not aggressive as before. You can get in a few quick hits, but rarely a super long and devastating combo. That makes it hard to truly ever maintain the upper hand in a match. This rework is likely the result of Kabal being so damn good in previous games. Although it’s interesting — if perhaps a little bit sad — to see the aggressive, fan favorite character so drastically changed.
Kabal Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Nomad Dash (that dash attack that leaves enemies spinning) allows Kabal to follow up with a combo against stunned opponents. This is one of the only specials in Mortal Kombat 11 that leads into a combo without being amplified via stamina.
- Kabal can hold his parry stance indefinitely — you don’t have to time it with an enemy strike. Although holding it for too long will probably invite counters…
- Kabal has two choices of wake-up attacks. The first pushes enemies away, but deals very little damage. The second is more open to counterattack, but fully pops enemies into the air for a follow-up combo.
- Nomad Dash can no longer be canceled by default. You must equip this move in your loadout and spend stamina to perform the cancel.
- Kabal has incredible range with his normal attacks, thanks to his hook swords. Bear in mind that you can probably hit enemies from farther away than you think!
Mortal Kombat 11 isn’t out yet. Be sure to check back closer to the game’s release for more Mortal Kombat 11 Kabal tips. Until then, please enjoy our breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses — written above!
Kabal Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Kabal Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Kabal tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!