Jade players rejoice! After a rough stint in the Mortal Kombat reboot, the green-barbed warrior is back again. And she just might be better than ever. Jade has been given a serious overhaul (not to mention a makeover) in Mortal Kombat 11. She’s now a slow, methodical zoning character with incredible defensive options. If that sounds like your thing, then you better read on! We’re about to start our guide to Jade in Mortal Kombat 11 with all the tips you need to succeed.
- Baraka Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – List & Video
- Kitana Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Geras Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
Jade Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
It’s tough to say exactly what makes Jade tick in the newest Mortal Kombat. The game isn’t out, after all! But developer Netherrealm Studios did us all a favor by showcasing this character (and many more) in video demos. So we’ve got a basic idea of what to expect. Don’t think we’re resting on our laurels, though! We’ll be sure to update this guide with better strengths, weaknesses, and tips once the game is out. For now, though, let’s take a look at what we know about Jade in Mortal Kombat 11.
Jade is neither complicated nor extremely demanding when it comes to timing. She loves to slow things down and operate at her own pace. And she can do just that thanks to some serious range, via her staff. The general idea is to keep foes at bay, punish them as they get close (especially if they have the audacity to jump), and finally get a nice hit in of her own. This philosophy is aided by a nice, quick parry and the ability to make Jade projectile immune.
Jade has a lot of ways to shut up and slow down opposing players. But she lacks seriously powerful combos of her own. Most of her attack strings just end in a special, meaning you need to wage guerrilla warfare over time in order to win. Not to mention there’s a somewhat easy solution to close the distance on Jade: just walk forward. You’re nearly guaranteed to take damage, but as long as you’re not in the air you’ll eventually make it. Then you just need to keep up the pressure.
Jade Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Jade has some of the best range in Mortal Kombat 11 with normal attacks, thanks to her staff. This makes her a powerful mid-range zoner.
- Her parry is quick and hard to see; you can mostly only tell by watching a wiggle of her finger. This makes it easy to trick foes into attacking, allowing you to slap them upside the face for their trouble.
- This character has some serious anti-air. Her flying glaives are slow, cover a wide area, and have a strange arc to them. That makes them perfect for shutting down characters who want to approach by jumping.
- While Jade’s staff is very powerful and has some good range, you need to be careful of the wind-up times for her staff attacks. It can be easy for a character to interrupt your attack, if they’re too close.
- Don’t forget about Jade’s bladed boomerangs! They can help in a pinch if a character is winding up a long-range attack.
- Jade has the ability to “dodge” projectiles with the move Dodging Shadows, which is very helpful when fighting a foe that uses projectile attacks. You can use the wind-up from their wasted attack to get in closer and punish them for the mistake.
Jade Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Jade Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Jade tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!