If you’re a fan of Pyro characters, we have some good news. The next 4-Star Genshin Impact character is Yanfei, a Pyro Catalyst user, who will be featured in the first banner of Patch 1.5 alongside Zhongli. However, unlike Eula she’s not exclusive to her banner so you’ll be able to pull her at any point in the future too. Let’s take a look at Yanfei and how to truly make her shine with the best team comp, best weapons, and best artifacts.
More Genshin Impact:
Yanfei is a Pryo catalyst user who uses a stack system like Eula. Her abilities are all about helping her gain Scarlet Seals. Each of these decreases her stamina consumption and makes her harder to interrupt. This system helps her cast more charged attacks akin to the way Klee does.
Everything Yanfei does deals AOE Pyro damage making her a good secondary DPS or sub-DPS for elemental activations. Both abilities give her Scarlet Seals, helping her stay topped off and raining down charged attacks.
Seal of Approval (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Shoots fireballs that deal up to three counts of Pyro damage. When Yanfei’s normal attacks hit enemies, they grant her a single Scarlet Seal. Yanfei may posses a maximum of three Scarlet Seals. Each time this effect is triggered, the duration of the current Scarlet Seals is refreshed. Each Scarlet Seal will decrease Yanfei’s stamina consumption. The seals disappear when she leaves the field.
- Charged Attack: Consumes stamina and all Scarlet Seals before dealing AOE Pyro damage to opponents after a short casting time. This charged attack’s AOE and damage will increase according relative to the number of Scarlet Seals consumed.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the power of Pyro, Yanfei plunges towards the ground, damaging all opponents in her path. Deals AOE Pyro damage upon impact with the ground.
Signed Edict (Elemental Skill)
- Summons blistering flames that deal AOE Pyro damage. Opponents hit by the flames grant Yanfei the maximum number of Scarlet Seals.
Done Deal (Elemental Burst)
- Triggers a spray of intense flames that rush at nearby opponents, dealing AOE Pryo damage, granting Yanfei the maximum number of Scarlet Seals and applying Brilliance to her.
- Brilliance has the following effects:
- Grants Yanfei a Scarlet Seal at fixed intervals.
- Increases the damage of Yanfei’s charged attacks.
- The effects of Brilliance end if Yanfei leaves the battlefield or falls in battle.
Xiezhi’s Eye (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Yanfei’s charged attacks deal critical hits, she will deal an additional instance of AOE Pyro damage equal to 80% of her attack. This damage counts as charged attack damage.
Proviso (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- When Yanfei consumes Scarlet Seals through heavy hits, each Scarlet Seal increases Yanfei’s Pyro damage by 5% for six seconds. The effect does not stack.
Encyclopedic Expertise (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Liyue on the mini-map.
Sticking with our assumption that Yanfei is similar to Klee, you likely want to build her the same way!
Skyward Atlas (5-Star) – Increases the elemental damage bonus by 12-24%. Normal attacks hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds which actively seek out nearby opponents to attack for 15 seconds, dealing 160-320% attack damage. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Lost Prayers to the Sacred Winds (5-Star) – Increases movement speed by 10%. When in battle, gain an 68-16% elemental damage bonus every four seconds. Maximum of four stacks. Lasts until the character falls or leaves combat.
Blackcliff Agate (4-Star) – After defeating an opponent, attack is increased by 12-24% for 30 seconds. This effect has a maximum of three stacks, the duration of each stack is independent of each other.
Solar Pearl (4-Star) – Normal attack hits increase elemental skill and elemental burst damage by 20-40% for six seconds. Likewise, elemental skill or elemental burst damage increase normal attack damage by 20-40% for six seconds.
Focus on critical rate, critical damage, energy recharge, and elemental mastery for your stats.
Crimson Witch of Flames – (2) Pyro DMG Bonus +15%. (4) Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40 percent. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15 percent. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50 percent for 10 seconds. Max three stacks.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) ATK +18%. We do not recommend the four artifact buff since it does not apply to Klee.
Budget Option: Wanderer’s Troupe – (2) Elemental Mastery +80. (4) Increases Charged Attack DMG by 35 percent if the character uses a Catalyst or Bow.
Yanfei Main DPS Team
- Main DPS: Yanfei
- Secondary DPS: Bennett
- Sub DPS: Chongyun/Xingqiu
- Support: Diona
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Gold
- Common Ascension Material: Treasure Hoarder/Silver Raven/Golden Raven Insignia
- Weekly Material: Bloodjade Branch (New Material Not Currently Dropped)
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. While Yanfei may be focused on dealing damage, it’s hard to understate how powerful Supreme Amnesty could possibly be.
- Level 1 – The Law Knows No Kindness: When Yanfei uses her charged attack, each existing Scarlet Seal also reduces the stamina cost of the charged attack by 10% and increases her interruption resistance.
- Level 2 – Right of Final Interpretation: Increases Yanfei’s charged attack critical rate by 20% against enemies below 50% HP.
- Level 3 – Samadhi Fire-Forged: Increases the level of Signed Edict by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Supreme Amnesty: When Done Deal is used, gain the following effect:
- Done Deal creates a shield that absorbs up to 75% of Yanfei’s maximum HP for 15 seconds.
- This shield absorbs Pyro damage 250% more effectively.
- Level 5 – Legal Cheat Sheet: Increases the level of Done Deal by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Extra Clause: Increases the maximum number of Scarlet Seals by one.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Yanfei’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Noctilucous Jade , 3 Damaged Masks
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 2 Juvenile Jade, 10 Noctilucous Jade, 15 Damaged Masks
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 4 Juvenile Jade, 20 Noctilucous Jade, 12 Stained Masks
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 8 Juvenile Jade, 30 Noctilucous Jade, 18 Stained Masks
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 12 Juvenile Jade, 45 Noctilucous Jade, 12 Ominous Masks
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 20 Juvenile Jade, 60 Noctilucous Jade, 24 Ominous Masks
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!