Rounding out our guides for characters from Genshin Impact’s Klee Sparkling Steps banner is Xingqiu. This hydro based support is capable of a lot and underrated by a good portion of the community. He’s not top tier or anything, but he’s solid enough to use if you have him, especially when you outfit him with the right equipment and a good team around him. Let’s get into the details.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Fischl Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
- How to Get More Wishes in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Code Guide – Redeem for Free Wishes, Primogems, & More
A quick look at Xingqiu’s abilities should let you know he’s primarily a support. While you certainly can cast these abilities and keep playing as him, the entire point is that they remain on your characters even when you switch. His Fatal Rainscreen creates swords which absorb damage and make you less likely to be interrupted. Raincutter, the ultimate, makes all normal attacks trigger additional rain sword attacks as hydro damage. Obviously this helps a ton when you need some hydro damage to put out pesky pyro enemies.
Once you get him an ascension or four, his abilities also heal allies and give him some more damage.
- Guhua Style (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Perform up to five consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash two rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
- Fatal Rainscreen (Basic Ability)
- Xingqiu performs twin strikes with his sword, dealing Hydro DMG. At the same time, his ability creates the maximum number of Rain Swords, which will orbit your active character.
- The Rain Swords have the following properties:
- When a character takes DMG, the Rain Sword will shatter, reducing the amount of DMG taken.
- Increase the character’s resistance to interruption.
- 20 percent of Xingqiu’s Hydro DMG Bonus will be converted to additional DMG Reduction for the Rain Swords.
- The maximum amount of additional DMG Reduction that can be gained this way is 24 percent.
- The initial maximum number of Rain Swords is three.
- Using this ability applies the Wet status onto the character.
- Raincutter (Ultimate)
- Rainbow Bladework:
- Your active character’s Normal Attacks will trigger consecutive sword rain attacks, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Rain Swords will remain at the maximum number throughout the ability’s duration.
- These effects carry over to other characters.
- Rainbow Bladework:
- Hydropathic (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When a Rain Sword is shattered or when its duration expires, it regenerates the current character’s HP based on six percent of Xingqiu’s Max HP.
- Blades Amidst Raindrops (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Xingqiu gains a 20 percent Hydro DMG Bonus.
- Flash of Genius (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- When Xingqiu crafts Character Talent Materials, he has a 25 percent chance to refund a portion of the crafting materials used.
For Xingqiu we’re going to recommend a trio of 3-Star weapons. While there are certainly good 4-Star, and optimal 5-Star weapons, those are few and far in between. Go for a Skyward Blade if you have one, but otherwise these are all perfectly fine choices.
Skyrider Sword (3-Star) – Using an Elemental Burst grants a 12/15/18/21/24 percent increase in ATK and Movement SPD for 15 seconds.
Fillet Blade (3-Star) – On hit, has 50% chance to deal 240/280/320/360/400% ATK DMG to a single enemy. Can only occur once every 15/14/13/12/11s.
Cool Steel (3-Star) – Increases DMG against enemies affect by Hydro or Cryo by 12/15/18/21/24 percent.
The Exile is the simplest choice here as it both helps Xingqiu generate energy faster and supports allies whenever he creates an elemental burst. Noblesse Oblige is much rarer and has a similar affect, but buffs attack instead.
The Exile (Elemental Burst Buff) – (2) Energy Recharge +20%. (4) Using an Elemental Burst regenerates 2 Energy for other party members every two seconds for six seconds. This effect cannot stack.
Noblesse Oblige (Elemental Burst Buff) – (2) Elemental Burst DMG +20 percent. (4) Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20 percent for 12 seconds. This effect cannot stack.
Xingqiu is a support and can work with most teams. Like we mention in a bit, he meshes particularly well with a hydro DPS once you unlock enough constellations, but good luck getting there.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Keqing
- Secondary DPS: Mona
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Xingqiu
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Razor
- Secondary DPS: Chongyun
- Healer: Barbara
- Support: Xingqiu
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Gold
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
- Weekly Material: Tail of Boreas
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck.
Like with many other characters, there are some nice buffs in Xingqiu’s constellations, but you actually get a pretty decent buff (when pared with another hydro DPS) at level two!
- Level 1 – The Scent Remained: Increases the maximum number of Rain Swords by one.
- Level 2 – Rainbow Upon the Azure Sky: Extends the duration of Raincutter by three seconds. Decreases the Hydro RES of enemies hit by sword rain by 15 percent for four seconds.
- Level 3 – Weaver of Verses: Increases the level of Raincutter by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Evilsoother: Throughout the duration of Raincutter, the DMG dealt by Fatal Rainscreen is increased by 50 percent.
- Level 5 – Embrace of Rain: Increases the level of Fatal Rainscreen by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Hence, Call Them My Own Verses: Activating two of Raincutter’s sword rain attacks greatly increases the DMG of the third. Xingqiu regenerates three Energy when sword rain attacks hit enemies.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Xingqiu’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Varunada Lazurite Sliver, 3 Silk Flowers, 3 Damaged Masks
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Varunada Lazurite Fragments, 2 Cleansing Hearts, 10 Silk Flowers, 15 Damaged Masks
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Varunada Lazurite Fragments, 4 Cleansing Hearts, 20 Silk Flowers, 12 Stained Masks
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Varunada Lazurite Chunks, 8 Cleansing Hearts, 30 Silk Flowers, 18 Stained Masks
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Varunada Lazurite Chunks, 12 Cleansing Hearts, 45 Silk Flowers, 12 Ominous Masks
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Varunada Lazurite Gemstones, 20 Cleansing Hearts, 60 WSilk Flowers, 24 Ominous Masks
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!