After being introduced to us in the Dragonspire update, Rosaria is finally making her way into the Genshin Impact character pool. We know you’re waiting for her and are probably curious how she’s going to slot into your team. Thankfully, Rosaria has been in the game files for some time. Though things may shift before she releases later this month, we’re here with a look at her pre-release character information and a potential build.
In this guide, we take a look at Rosaria and how to truly make her shine with the best team comp, best weapons, and best artifacts.
Again, this guide is based off of datamined information from Honey Hunter World.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Invitation of Windblume Event Guide
- The Best Teams in Genshin Impact for Patch 1.3 (March 2021)
- Genshin Impact DPS Character Tier List for Patch 1.3 (March 2021)
If I had to make a comparison to an existing character, Rosaria likes to dash around similar to Xiao. But rather than going through, she specifically appears behind them. Both of her abilities allow her to deal Cryo damage, but her real focus is on physical damage via critical strikes. Her passives increase her own and her party’s critical rate. This has led many theorycrafters to think of her as a possible support, focusing on giving critical chance to the actual damage dealers. Others think she herself could be a primary DPS, but we’ll see how things shake out!
Spear of the Church (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Perform up to five consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
Ravaging Confession (Basic Ability)
- Rosaria swiftly shifts her position to appear behind her opponent, then stabs and slashes them with her polearm, dealing Cryo damage. This ability cannot be used to travel behind opponents of a larger build.
Rites of Termination (Ultimate)
- Rosaria’s unique take on this prayer ritual: First, she swings her weapon to slash surrounding opponents; then, she summons a frigid Ice Lance that strikes the ground. Both actions deal Cryo damage.
- While active, the Ice Lance periodically releases a blast of cold air, dealing Cryo damage to surrounding opponents.
Regina Probationum (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Rosaria strikes an opponent from behind using Ravaging Confession, Rosaria’s Crit rate increases by 12% for five seconds.
Shadow Samaritan (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Casting Rites of Termination increases Crit rate of all nearby party members (except Rosaria herself) by 15% of Rosaria’s Crit rate for ten seconds. Crit rate bonus gained this way cannot exceed 15%.
Night Walk (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- At night (18:00-6:00), increases the movement speed of your own party members by 10%. Does not take effect in Domains, Trounce Domains, or Spiral Abyss. Not stackable with passive talents that provide the exact same effects.
There are a few different ways to build Rosaria: as a support which gives your entire team a higher critical rate or as a physical damage dealer. She is not a Cryo carry like Ganyu is.
On the weapon front, regardless of which build you shoot for, you likely want to maximize Rosaria’s critical rate. Though she can only forward 15% of it onto her allies with Shadow Samaritan, you’ll want it available when you’re playing her.
Skyward Spine is the obvious choice here, both increasing critical rate and increasing your attack speed. If you don’t have that, Crescent Pike and Deathmatch seem to be good choices.
Skyward Spine (5-Star) – Increases Crit Rate by 8% and increases normal attack speed by 12%. Additionally, normal and charged attack hits on opponents have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40% of attack as damage in a small AOE. This effect can occur no more than once every two seconds.
Crescent Pike (4-Star) –After picking up an Elemental Orb/Particle, normal and charged attacks deal an additional 20% attack damage for five seconds.
Deathmatch (4-Star) –If there are at least two opponents nearby, attack is increased by 16% and defense is increased by 16%. If there are less than two opponents nearby, attack is increased by 24%.
For Rosaria, you probably want to maximize your critical rate, attack percentage, and Cryo damage when possible.
When it comes to artifacts, our first bets are on Gladiator’s Finale and Berserker. You’ll likely want to either run a full set of one or the other, or do a two set from each.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) ATK +18%. (4) If the wielder of this artifact set uses a sword, claymore, or polearm, increases their Normal Attack damage by 35%.
Berseker – (2) Crit Rate +12%. (4) When HP is below 70%, Crit Rate increases by an additional 24%.
Again, we don’t know how Rosaria will shake out, but here are our early ideas.
- Rosaria Support Team
- Main DPS: Keqing
- Secondary DPS: Kaeya
- Sub DPS: Fischl
- Support: Rosaria
- Rosaria Physical Damage Team
- Main DPS: Rosaria
- Secondary DPS: Fischl
- Sub DPS: Xingqiu
- Support: Diona
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Ballad
- Common Ascension Material: Recruit’s/Sergeant’s/Lieutenant’s Insignia
- Weekly Material: Shadow of the Warrior (Dropped by 70+ Childe)
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. Rosaria is one of those characters who becomes much, much better with a complete Constellation. That’s bad news for all but the biggest of whales. A 20% physical resistance debuff on foes is nothing to laugh at.
- Level 1 – Unholy Revelation: When Rosaria deals a critical hit, her attack speed increases by 10% and her normal attack damage increases by 10% for four seconds.
- Level 2 – Land Without Promise: The duration of Ice Lance created by Rites of Termination is increased by four seconds.
- Level 3 – The Wages of Sin: Increases the level of Ravaging Confession by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Painful Grace: Ravaging Confession’s critical hits regenerate five Energy for Rosaria. Can only be triggered once each time Ravaging Confession is cast.
- Level 5 – Last Rites: Increases the level of Rites of Termination by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Divine Retribution: Rites of Termination’s attack decreases opponent’s physical resistance by 20% for ten seconds.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Rosaria’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Valberry, 3 Recruit’s Insignia
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Hoarfrost Core, 10 Valberry, 15 Recruit’s Insignia
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Hoarfrost Core, 20 Valberry, 12 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Hoarfrost Core, 30 Valberry, 18 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Hoarfrost Core, 45 Valberry, 12 Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 20 Hoarfrost Core, 60 Valberry, 24 Lieutenant’s Insignia
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!