She may have been released alongside a free 5-Star and Raiden Shogun, but don’t overlook Kujou Sara. Apart from being the perfect DPS/Support hybrid to complement Baal, she is a strong attack buff provider to many other Genshin Impact characters as well. If you ever needed a second Bennett, here she is.
Kujou Sara is an Electro Bow character from Inazuma. She’ll be featured as a 4-Star on the same Wish Banner as Baal, starting on September 1. Assuming she follows previous trends, she’ll be available on all banners starting in Patch 2.2.
We got most of our info on Kujou Sara from miHoYo, but we looked at Honey Hunter World for her stats and upgrade requirements. Many thanks to them!
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Baal Guide – Best Build & Team for Patch 2.1 (September 2021)
- Genshin Impact Dendrobium Guide – Dendrobium Locations & Uses
- Genshin Impact Onikabuto Guide – Onikabuto Locations & Uses
Kujou Sara Abilities
Kujou Sara is perfectly suited for the role of Electro Support and Sub DPS hybrid. She can trigger attack buffs for her allies while performing damaging Electro attacks at the same time. As a result, Kujou Sara has a relatively low Base Attack, but she does gain an attack increase through her Ascension stat. Keep in mind that her attack buff scales with her Base Attack.
Try to trigger Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill and Burst as often as possible to keep the attack buff active. Whenever you do so, swap in a strong DPS to deal devastating amounts of damage.Just remember that the different Tengu Juurai effects don’t stack, so try to space them out.
Furthermore, you can use Kujou Sara’s Charged Attack to leave behind an additional Crowfeather. Her Charged shots are very fast when she’s under the influence of Crowfeather Cover. This also means that your Kujou Sara build should focus on her Charged Attack rather than her Normal Attack.
Tengu Bowmanship (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Releases up to five quick shots with the Bow.
- Charged Attack: A fully Charged shot infuses the arrowhead with Electro. If fired while in Crowfeather Cover state, this attack will leave behind a Crowfeather.
- Plunging Attack: Fires off an arrow storm while still in the air, before plunging down and dealing AOE damage on impact.
Tengu Stormcall (Elemental Skill)
- Triggers an immediate retreat with the speed of a tengu (Kujou Sara will reappear a few paces back).
- Activates Crowfeather Cover for 18 seconds. Crowfeather Cover will be consumed if Kujou Sara fires a fully-charged Aimed Shot, leaving a Crowfeather at the target’s location.
- After a short delay, Crowfeathers will trigger Tengu Juurai: Ambush. This deals Electro AOE damage and grants the active character within its range an attack bonus.
- The Crowfeather attack bonus is based on Kujou Sara’s Base Attack.
- The Attack bonuses from different Tengu Juurai don’t stack. Their effects and duration is determined by the latest Tengu Juurai.
Subjugation: Koukou Sendou (Elemental Burst)
- Triggers the Tengu Juurai: Titanbreaker attack, dealing AOE Electro damage.
- Tengu Juurai: Titanbreaker breaks into four additional Electro strikes (Tengu Juurai: Stormcluster), dealing extra AOE Electro damage.
- Both Tengu Juurai Titanbreaker and Tengu Juurai: Stormcluster grant the active character an attack bonus (same as the one triggered by Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill).
- The Attack bonuses from different Tengu Juurai attack don’t stack, and their effects and duration are determined by the last Tengu Juurai triggered.
Immovable Will (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- If the Crowfeather Cover state triggered by Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill is active, her Aimed Shots take 60% less time to fully charge.
Decorum (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Whenever Tengu Juurai: Ambush hits an opponent, Kujou Sara restores 1.2 Energy to every ally for every 100% Energy Recharge she has.
- Effect can be triggered once every three seconds.
Land Survey (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- If Kujou Sara goes on an expedition in Inazuma, the time consumed is reduced by 25%.
Kujou Sara Build
Best Kujou Sara Weapons
Keep in mind that Kujou Sara’s Crowfeather attack buff scales with her Base Attack, so it’s best to prioritize weapons with a high Base Attack. A 5-Star Bow would naturally be the preferred choice, Amos’ Bow in particular, as it will further strengthen her Charged Attack.
Of all 4-Star Bows, the Sacrificial Bow is the best fit.. With the highest possible Base Attack for a 4-Star Bow, it gives her the extra Energy Recharge she needs, and allows her to use the Elemental Skill more often.
Although its Base Attack is lower and the secondary stat is less suitable for Kujou Sara, the Stringless is a good alternative thanks to its Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst boost.
If you don’t have either of these 4-Star Genshin Impact weapons, you might just want to go for the Bow with the highest attack stat for the time being.
Amos’ Bow (5-Star) – Increases Attack as a secondary stat. Also increases Normal and Charged Attack damage. After firing a shot, the damage dealt is increased even further for every 0.1 second the arrow remains in the air (up to five times).
Sacrificial Bow (4-Star) – Grants increased Energy Recharge. After dealing damage with an Elemental Skill, it has a chance to reset its own cooldown.
The Stringless (4-Star) – Increases Kujou Sara’s Elemental Mastery, as well as her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst damage.
Best Kujou Sara Artifacts
Kujou Sara needs a high Energy Recharge and plenty of Attack Power. You may also choose to enhance her Elemental Burst damage. As a general rule, try to get her Energy Recharge to about 160 first, and then focus on her attacks.
That still leaves plenty of options for your Kujou Sara Artifact build. You can simply go for a 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale set combined with a 2-piece Noblesse Oblige (hybrid DPS/Support), or instead opt for the 4-piece Noblesse Oblige (more towards Support). If you’d prefer to just spam her Elemental Burst, the Emblem of Severed Fate Artifact set will be your best friend.
Alternatively, some players may want to use Kujou Sara as their main DPS. In that case, you can combine the Gladiator’s Finale with a 2-piece Shimenawa’s Reminiscence. It’s still advisable to boost her Energy Recharge on the Sands of Eon slot.
Emblem of Severed Fate – (2) Increases Energy Recharge by 20%. (4) Elemental Burst damage is increased by 25% of the Energy recharge.
Noblesse Oblige – (2) Increases Elemental Burst damage by 20%. (4) After using an Elemental Burst, all allies’ attack power is increased by 20% for a duration of 12 seconds.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) Grants an 18% Attack increase.
Shimenawa’s Reminiscence– (2) Attack is increased by 18%.
Best Team for Kujou Sara
Kujou Sara isn’t too hard to team up, as her support ability goes well together with most DPS characters. However, a Kujou Sara at Constellation level 6 would be particularly strong together with the infamous Raiden Shogun, Baal. Baal can charge Kujou Sara’s Burst while Kujou Sara greatly increases Baal’s damage output. If you’re lucky enough to have one, a main DPS like Eula would be perfect for this team.
If you have a C6 Kujou Sara but no Baal, don’t despair; another strong electro DPS like Keqing or Fischl can do great as well. They’ll get you a useful Elemental Resonance buff too. Alternatively, consider a double Pyro with a strong DPS to trigger Overloaded. If your Diluc has been a bit idle of late, now’s his chance.
Since Kujou Sara is an attack buff Support, you still need a healer and/or shield provider on the team. Zhongli or Diona would be great, but Noelle, Jean, or Qiqi are fine too.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Keqing/Beidou/Razor (C6 Electro Team), Eula, any 5-Star Pyro DPS
- Sub DPS: Kazuha/Sucrose, Fischl, Mona
- Sub DPS/Support: Kujou Sara, Baal (Energy Recharge, Elemental Resonance), Xingqiu (Electro-Charged)
- Support: Diona, Jean, Zhongli
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Beidou, Xinyan, Kaeya (if nothing else)
- Sub DPS: Lisa, Xiangling
- Sub DPS/Support: Kujou Sara
- Support: Barbara, Noelle
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Elegance
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
- Weekly Material: Ashen Heart
Let’s not beat around the bush: Kujou Sara’s Constellation Level 6 is pretty wild. If you have a strong Electro damage team, the 60% Critical Damage bonus is absolutely devastating.
However, Kujou Sara grants a useful attack buff even at Constellation zero. None of the earlier Constellations seem to make an essential difference, but the first two grant her a nice boost. If you have the Primogems, you might therefore want to try for a Constellation Level of 2.
- Level 1 – Crow’s Eye: Whenever a Tengu Juurai grants an attack bonus or hits an opponent, Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill has its cooldown decreased by one second. This effect may trigger once every three seconds.
- Level 2 – Dark Wings: Using Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill leaves behind a weaker Crowfeather, dealing 30% of its original damage.
- Level 3 –The War Within: Increases Kujou Sara’s Elemental Burst level by three, to a max level of 15.
- Level 4 – Conclusive Proof: The amount of Tengu Juurai: Stormcluster released is increased to six (part of Kujou Sara’s Elemental Burst).
- Level 5 – Spellsinger: Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill level is increased by three, bringing its maximum level to 15.
- Level 6 – Sin of Pride: All Electro damage from characters who received the attack buff from Tengu Juurai gains a 60% Critical Damage increase.
Kujou Sara Ascension Information
Apart from the Inazuma items Dendrobium and Storm Beads, you may already have most of the other Kujou Sara Ascension materials. Here’s everything you need for each Kujou Sara Ascension level:
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Vajrada Amethyst Sliver, 3 Dendrobium, 3 Damaged Mask
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Vajrada Amethyst Fragments, 2 Storm Beads, 10 Dendrobium, 15 Damaged Mask
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Fragments, 4 Storm Beads, 20 Dendrobium, 12 Stained Mask
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Vajrada Amethyst Chunks, 8 Storm Beads, 30 Dendrobium, 18 Stained Mask
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Chunks, 12 Storm Beads, 45 Dendrobium, 12 Ominous Mask
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Gemstones, 20 Storm Beads, 60 Dendrobium, 24 Ominous Mask
Are you excited about Kujou Sara’s attack buffs? Are you going to team her up with Baal or do you have a better team composition in mind? We’d love to hear your Kujou Sara build ideas in the comments!