Klee is finally making her return to a Genshin Impact banner! She hasn’t been available since November 9, 2020 and needless to say, some things have changed. Today we’re going to run down Klee’s abilities and recommend what we think is the best build, best artifacts, best team composition, and more! All of this, of course, has been updated for Patch 1.6 which goes live on June 9!
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Tier List Updated for Patch 1.5 – May 2021 Best Characters
- There’s No Switch Genshin Impact, So I Make Do With a PS5 Controller
- Genshin Impact Kazuha Guide – Leaks, Abilities, Pre-release Build
First of all, lets explain her abilities for folks who are unfamiliar. As a caster, her attacks are a bit less predictable than traditional characters. Case in point: her normal attack is a bomb throw and her charged attack is a pyro laser beam with an explosion.
As far as area control is, Klee is certainly up there. Jumpy Dumpty, her elemental ability, summons a bear which bounces twice before exploding into a field of mines which will detonate on contact with foes. And she has two charges to utilize at once! Sparks ‘n’ Splash, her elemental burst, makes holographic pyro flowers appear in mid air periodically, blasting foes in a similar manner to her basic attack but from multiple angles at once.
Once you unlock both of her passives, her charged attacks become that much more powerful with a chance to have them cost no stamina, deal 50 percent more damage, and give elemental energy to all party members on a crit.
- Kaboom! (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Throws thing that go boom when they hit things! Perform up to three explosive attacks, dealing AOE Pyro DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina and deals AOE Pyro DMG to enemies after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the power of Pyro, Klee plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all enemies in her path. Deals AOE Pyro DMG upon impact with the ground.
- Jumpy Dumpty (Elemental Ability)
- Jumpy Dumpty is tons of boom-band-fun! When thrown, Jumpy Dumpty bounces thrice, igniting and dealing AOE pyro DMG with every bounce. On the third bounce, the bomb splits into many mines. The mines will explode upon contact with enemies, or after a short period of time, dealing AOE Pyro DMG. Starts with two charges.
- Sparks ‘n’ Splash (Elemental Burst)
- Klee’s Blazing Delight! For the duration of this ability, continuously summons Sparks ‘n’ Splash to attack nearby enemies, dealing AOE Pyro DMG.
- Pounding Surprise (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Jumpy Dumpty and Normal Attacks deal DMG, Klee has a 50 percent chance to obtain an Explosive Spark. This Explosive Spark is consumed by the next Charged Attack, which costs no Stamina and deals 50 percent increased DMG.
- Sparkling Burst (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- When Klee’s Charged Attack results in a CRIT, all party members gain two Elemental Energy.
- All Of My Treasures! (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Mondstadt on the mini-map.
Klee is a primary DPS.
The best weapon for Klee is Skyward Atlas, hands down. It increases her Elemental damage and empowers her basic attacks. While you’ll spend a good chunk of your time doing Charged Attacks, you’ll still be weaving Normal Attacks in here and there for the effect. If that’s too rich for your tastes, Solar Pearl is a great second option and the new Dodoco Tales seems built specifically for Klee.
Skyward Atlas (5-Star) – Increases Elemental damage Bonus by 12 percent. Normal Attack hits have a 50 percent chance to earn the favor of the clouds, which actively seek out nearby enemies to attack for 15 seconds, dealing 160 percent attack damage. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Solar Pearl (4-Star) – Normal Attack hits increase Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst damage by 20 percent for six seconds. Likewise, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits increase Normal Attack damage by 20 percent for six seconds.
Dodoco Tales (4-Star) – Normal Attack hits on opponents increase Charged Attack damage by 16 percent for six seconds. Charged Attack hits on opponents increase attack by eight percent for six seconds.
When it comes to artifacts the ideal set is a four stack of Retracing Bolide to get the 40 percent damage boost to your attacks. Barring that I’d run two Crimson Witch of Flames and two Martial Artist. Technically you can also get away with a four stack of Heart of Depth as it does significantly increase your basic attack and charged attack damage, but the two-set bonus is completely wasted on Klee.
The optimal main stat for your artifacts are: HP, ATK, ATK %, Pyro Damage, and Critical Rate. For substats, prioritize Critical Damage, Critical Rate, ATK, and ATK %.
Retracing Bolide (4/5-Star) – (2) Increases shield strength by 35%. (4) While protected by a shield, gain an additional 40 percent Normal and Charged Attack damage.
Heart of Depth (4/5-Star) – (2) +15 percent Hydro damage bonus. (4) After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack damage by 30 percent for 15 seconds.
Crimson Witch of Flames (4/5-Star) – (2) +15 percent Pyro damage bonus. (4) Increases Overloaded and Burning damage by 40 percent. Increases Vaporize and Melt damage by 15 percent. Using an Elemental Skill increases the 2-piece Set Bonus by 50 percent of its starting value for ten seconds. Maximum of three stacks.
Martial Artist (4-Stars) – (2) Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack damage by 15 percent. (4) After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack damage by 25 percent for eight seconds.
Klee Team Comps
Klee is a top tier primary DPS at the moment which is great news if you don’t have Diluc. We recommend pairing Klee with Zhongli especially if you’re using the Retracing Bolide set as you’ll almost always have a shield up.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Klee
- Secondary DPS: Xingqiu
- Sub DPS: Bennett
- Support: Zhongli
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Klee
- Secondary DPS: Razor
- Sub DPS: Fichl
- Support: Barbara
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Freedom
- Common Ascension Material: Divining/Sealed/Forbidden Curse Scroll
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. Hell, you’re lucky if you get Klee at all during her banner, let alone six more times!
Klee’s early perks are fine and a nice addition, but it’s Sparkly Explosion and Blazing Delight which truly unlock some incredible power. Like we said though, good luck getting there.
- Level 1 – Chained Reactions: Attacks and Skills have a certain chance to summon sparks that bombard enemies, dealing DMG equal to 120 percent of Sparks ‘n’ Splash’s DMG.
- Level 2 – Explosive Frags: Being hit by Jumpy Dumpty’s mines decrease enemy DEF by 23 percent for ten seconds.
- Level 3 – Exquisite Compound: Increases the level of Jumpy Dumpty by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Sparkly Explosion: If Klee leaves the field during the duration of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, her departure triggers an explosion that deals 555 percent of her ATK as AOE Pyro DMG.
- Level 5 – Nova Burst: Increases the level of Sparks ‘n’ Splash by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Blazing Delight: While under the effects of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, other members of the party will continuously regenerate Energy. When Sparks ‘n’ Splash is used, all party members will gain a ten percent Pyro DMG Bonus for 25 seconds.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Klee’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Philanemo Mushrooms, 3 Divining Scrolls
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 2 Everflame Seeds, 10 Philanemo Mushrooms, 15 Divining Scrolls
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 4 Everflame Seeds, 20 JPhilanemo Mushrooms, 12 Sealed Scrolls
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 8 Everflame Seeds, 30 Philanemo Mushrooms, 18 Sealed Scrolls
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 12 Everflame Seeds, 45 Philanemo Mushrooms, 12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 20 Everflame Seeds, 60 Philanemo Mushrooms, 24 Forbidden Curse Scrolls
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!