I’m not going to joke around with you. If you already have Klee in Genshin Impact, congratulations. You’re currently the envy of just about every player out there. As the newest five star character as of publishing, everyone is currently spending Primogems to try and unlock her for themselves. But is Klee actually worth all of the investment? Today we’re going to run down Klee’s abilities and recommend what we think is the best build, best artifacts, best team composition, and more!
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Fischl Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
- How to Get More Wishes in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Code Guide – Redeem for Free Wishes, Primogems, & More
First of all, lets explain her abilities for folks who are unfamiliar. As a caster, her attacks are a bit less predictable than traditional characters. Case in point: her normal attack is a bomb throw and her charged attack is a pyro lazar beam with an explosion.
As far as area control is, Klee is certainly up there. Jumpy Dumpty, her basic ability, summons a bear which bounces twice before exploding into a field of mines which will detonate on contact with foes. And she has two charges to utilize at once! Sparks ‘n’ Splash, her ultimate, makes holographic pyro flowers appear in mid air periodically, blasting foes in a similar manner to her basic attack but from multiple angles at once.
Once you unlock both of her passives, her charged attacks become that much more powerful with a chance to have them cost no stamina, deal 50 percent more damage, and give elemental energy to all party members on a crit.
- Kaboom! (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Throws thing that go boom when they hit things! Perform up to three explosive attacks, dealing AOE Pyro DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina and deals AOE Pyro DMG to enemies after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the power of Pyro, Klee plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all enemies in her path. Deals AOE Pyro DMG upon impact with the ground.
- Jumpy Dumpty (Basic Ability)
- Jumpy Dumpty is tons of boom-band-fun! When thrown, Jumpy Dumpty bounces thrice, igniting and dealing AOE pyro DMG with every bounce. On the third bounce, the bomb splits into many mines. The mines will explode upon contact with enemies, or after a short period of time, dealing AOE Pyro DMG. Starts with two charges.
- Sparks ‘n’ Splash (Ultimate)
- Klee’s Blazing Delight! For the duration of this ability, continuously summons Sparks ‘n’ Splash to attack nearby enemies, dealing AOE Pyro DMG.
- Pounding Surprise (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Jumpy Dumpty and Normal Attacks deal DMG, Klee has a 50 percent chance to obtain an Explosive Spark. This Explosive Spark is consumed by the next Charged Attack, which costs no Stamina and deals 50 percent increased DMG.
- Sparkling Burst (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- When Klee’s Charged Attack results in a CRIT, all party members gain two Elemental Energy.
- All Of My Treasures! (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Mondstadt on the mini-map.
Klee is a primary DPS and there’s no changing that. How you play her does affect which build is best for you, however.
For Klee, just choose whatever weapon increases elemental damage the most. If you happen to have some good weaponry, Eye of Perception isn’t bad if you find yourself using Klee’s basic attacks. Skyward Atlas is the best choice here but also the rarest of the rare.
Skyward Atlas (Rich Choice) – Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12/15/18/21/24 percent. Normal Attack hits have a 50 percent chance to earn the favor of the clouds. which actively seek out nearby enemies to attack for 15 seconds, dealing 160/200/240/280/320 percent ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Eye of Perception (Basic Attacks) – Normal and Charged Attacks have a 50 percent chance to fire a Bolt of Perception, dealing 240/270/300/330/360 percent ATK as DMG. This bolt can bounce between enemies a maximum of four times. This effect can occur once every 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
You once again have a choice to make. Do you use Klee as a quick swap character, just using her abilities before switching back to a primary DPS? Or do you hang around long enough to get some normal and charged attacks in?
Crimson Witch of Flames (Pyro Buff) – (2) Pyro DMG Bonus +15%. (4) Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40 percent. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15 percent. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50 percent for 10 seconds. Max three stacks.
Gladiator’s Finale (Generic Damage Buff) – (2) ATK +18%. We do not recommend the four artifact buff since it does not apply to Klee.
Wanderer’s Troupe (Charged Attack Buff) – (2) Elemental Mastery +80. (4) Increases Charged Attack DMG by 35 percent if the character uses a Catalyst or Bow.
Resolution of Sojourner (Charged Attack Buff) – (2) ATK +18%. (4) Increases Charged Attack Crit Rate by 30 percent.
Klee is a top tier primary DPS at the moment which is great news if you don’t have Diluc.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Klee
- Secondary DPS: Razor
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Venti
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Klee
- Secondary DPS: Razor or Xiangling
- Healer: Barbara
- Support: Fischl
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Freedom
- Common Ascension Material: Divining/Sealed/Forbidden Curse Scroll
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. Hell, you’re lucky if you get Klee at all during her banner, let alone six more times!
Klee’s early perks are fine and a nice addition, but it’s Sparkly Explosion and Blazing Delight which truly unlock some incredible power. Like we said though, good luck getting there.
- Level 1 – Chained Reactions: Attacks and Skills have a certain chance to summon sparks that bombard enemies, dealing DMG equal to 120 percent of Sparks ‘n’ Splash’s DMG.
- Level 2 – Explosive Frags: Being hit by Jumpy Dumpty’s mines decrease enemy DEF by 23 percent for ten seconds.
- Level 3 – Exquisite Compound: Increases the level of Jumpy Dumpty by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Sparkly Explosion: If Klee leaves the field during the duration of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, her departure triggers an explosion that deals 555 percent of her ATK as AOE Pyro DMG.
- Level 5 – Nova Burst: Increases the level of Sparks ‘n’ Splash by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Blazing Delight: While under the effects of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, other members of the party will continuously regenerate Energy. When Sparks ‘n’ Splash is used, all party members will gain a ten percent Pyro DMG Bonus for 25 seconds.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Klee’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Philanemo Mushrooms, 3 Divining Scrolls
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 2 Everflame Seeds, 10 Philanemo Mushrooms, 15 Divining Scrolls
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 4 Everflame Seeds, 20 JPhilanemo Mushrooms, 12 Sealed Scrolls
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 8 Everflame Seeds, 30 Philanemo Mushrooms, 18 Sealed Scrolls
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 12 Everflame Seeds, 45 Philanemo Mushrooms, 12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 20 Everflame Seeds, 60 Philanemo Mushrooms, 24 Forbidden Curse Scrolls
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!