As a gacha game, Genshin Impact will always have new characters coming down the pipeline. Characters like Ayaka have been in the files for some time and there even more who feature in the game already but are yet to be released. While she may finally release in Patch 1.6, dataminers have found another upcoming character which is likely releasing in the next month or two.
In this guide, we take a look at Kiryu Kazuha based off of datamined information from Honey Hunter World. The character can obviously change before release since she was just added to the files so things may unexpectedly changed. Either way, we’ll be updating this guide with our thoughts on potential builds as we familiarize ourselves with his kit.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Inazuma Guide – Release Date, Characters, Archon
- Genshin Impact Yae Sakura Guide – Honkai Impact 3rd Crossover?
- Genshin Impact Housing Guide – Adeptal Energy, Trust Rank, & More
Kazuha is an Anemo Sword user. His abilities focus using Anemo AOE skills to knock enemies up, plunge down, and gather them all together. Then you can cast his elemental burst to deal a high damage slash, dealing further AOE Anemo damage and giving you an opportunity to activate Elemental Absorption. With an Ascension you can even get Elemental Absorption with Chihayafuru.
Garyu Bladework (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Perform up to five rapid strikes
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash two rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
Chihayafuru (Elemental Skill)
- Press: Unleashes a secret technique that pulls objects and opponents towards Kazuha’s position before launching the opponents within the AOE, dealing Anemo damage, and lifting Kazuha into the air on a wind current.
- Hold: Charges up before unleashing greater Anemo damage over a larger AOE.
- Plunging Attack: Ranran Haishan: When in mid-air due to the effects of Chihayafuru, plunging attack damage is converted to Anemo damage and creates a miniature wind tunnel that pulls in nearby objects and opponents.
Manyou no Ittou (Elemental Burst)
- A single slash that deals AOE Anemo damage.
- The blade will leave behind a field named “Ruka Akino” that deals AEO Anemo damage at set intervals to all opponents inside it.
- Elemental Absorption: If Ruka Akino comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro, it will deal additional elemental damage of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
Unknown Name (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- If Chihayafuru comes into contact with Hydro/Pryo/Cryo/Electro while being used, Elemental Absorption will occur and deal an additional 200% damage of that elemental type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use of Chihayafuru.
Unknown Name (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Upon triggering a Swirl reaction, Kazuha will grant teammates a 0.03% elemental damage bonus to their corresponding element for every point of Elemental Mastery he has for eight seconds. Bonuses for different elements obtained through this method can co-exist.
Matsukaze Karyuu (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with passive talents of that provide the exact same effects.
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Diligence
- Common Ascension Material: Treasure Hoarder/Silver Raven/Golden Raven Insignia
- Weekly Material: Dragon Lord’s Crown (Dropped from Level 70+ Azhdaha)
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. Apologies if any of this sounds confusing. The names haven’t been translated from Japanese yet. We’ll update this section as soon as we have them.
Up front, Kazuha seems like an excellent character to cast all of his abilities and then swap out to your higher DPS characters.
- Level 1 – Senzan Kouhen: Decreases Chihayafuru’s cooldown by 10%. Using Manyou no Ittou resets the cooldown of Chihayafuru.
- Level 2 – Yamaarashi Zanshin: Increases the current active character’s Elemental Mastery by 200 if they are within the AOE of the Ruka Akino field created by Manyou no Ittou.
- Level 3 – Fuushuu Kitan: Increases the level of Chihayafuru by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Oozora Genpou: When Kazuha’s energy is lower than 45, he obtains the following effects:
- Press or Hold Chihayafuru to regenerate three or four energy for Kazuha, respectively.
- Regenerate two energy per second for Kazuha when gliding.
- Level 5 – Bansei no Shuu: Increases the level of Manyou no Ittou by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Ketsuseki Haku: Kazuha gains an Anemo infusion for five seconds after using Chihayafuru or Manyou no Ittou. Additionally, each point of Elemental Mastery will increase the damage dealt by Kazuha’s normal, charged, plunging, and Ranran Haishin by 0.2% while the infusion is active.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Kazuha’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, 3 Unknown New Item, 3 Treasure Hoarder Insignias
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 2 Unknown New Item, 10 Unknown New Item, 15 Treasure Hoarder Insignias
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 4 Unknown New Item, 20 Unknown New Item, 12 Silver Raven Insignias
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 8 Unknown New Item, 30 Unknown New Item, 18 Silver Raven Insignias
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 12 Unknown New Item, 45 Unknown New Item, 12 Golden Raven Insignias
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Vayuda Turquoise Gemstones, 20 Unknown New Item, 60 Unknown New Item, 24 Golden Raven Insignias
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!