If you’re a fan of Cryo characters, we have some good news. The newest 5-Star Genshin Impact character is Eula, a Cryo Claymore user, who is featured in the second banner of Patch 1.5. That means she’s exclusive to the banner and will only be available for a limited time. So let’s take a look at Eula and how to truly make her shine with the best team comp, best weapons, and best artifacts.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Inazuma Guide – Release Date, Characters, Archon
- Genshin Impact Yae Sakura Guide – Honkai Impact 3rd Crossover?
- Genshin Impact Housing Guide – Adeptal Energy, Trust Rank, & More
Eula is a physical damage Cryo Claymore user. Her abilities focus on gaining stacks of an ability called Grimheart which increases her defense and allows her to keep chipping away at foes’ health. At the end of the duration, those stacks are converted into a whirlwind of Cryo damage around her, further decreasing the enemy’s resistances.
Her ultimate, Glacial Illumination creates a sword made out of light which floats around her. Every attack or ability Eula uses during this time increases the sword’s stacks. Similar to the elemental skill, this elemental burst eventually explodes, dealing physical damage to everyone around it.
Favonius Bladework (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Perform up to five consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Drains stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
Icetide Vortex (Elemental Skill)
- Press: Slashes swiftly dealing Cryo damage. When it hits an opponent, Eula gains a stack of Grimheart that stacks up to two times. These stacks can only be gained once every 0.3 seconds.
- Grimheart: Increases Eula’s defense and resistance to interruption.
- Hold: Wielding her sword, Eula slashes forward, dealing AOE Cryo damage to opponents in front of her, consuming all the stacks of Grimheart that Eula possesses. Each stack of Grimheart will be converted into an Icewhirl Brand that deals Cryo damage to nearby opponents, decreasing their physical resistances and Cryo resistance. Multiple hits will not cause this effect to stack, but will extend the effect’s duration.
Glacial Illumination (Elemental Burst)
- Eula brandishes her greatsword, dealing Cryo damage to nearby opponents and creating a Lightfall Sword that follows her around for a certain duration.
- When Eula’s own normal attacks, elemental skills, and elemental bursts deal damage to opponents, they will charge the Lightfall Sword, which can gain an energy stack once every 0.1 seconds.
- Once its duration ends, the Lightfall Sword will explode violently, dealing physical damage to nearby opponents.
- This damage scales on the number of energy stacks the Lightfall Sword has accumulated.
- If Eula dies or leaves the battlefield, the Lightfall Sword will immediately explode.
Wellspring of War-Lust (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Eula’s normal attacks score critical hits, Icetide Vortex’s cooldown will be decreased by 0.3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 0.1 seconds.
Roiling Rime (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- If two stacks of Grimheart are consumed upon unleashing the Holding Mode of Icetide Vortex, a Lightfall Sword Remnant will be created that will explode immediately, dealing 50% of the basic physical damage dealt by a Lightfall Sword created by Glacial Illumination.
Aristocratic Introspection (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- When Eula crafts character talent materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
Despite being a Cryo character, Eula probably slots in as the primary DPS in a physical damage comp. Something similar to what you’d build with Keqing or Razor.
Nothing really surprising when it comes to weapons. The usual 5-Star options are obviously good here and Prototype Archaic is likely the best 4-Star Claymore here.
Skyward Pride (5-Star) – Increases damage by 8-16%. After using an elemental burst, normal, or charged attack, on hit, creates a vacuum blade that deals 80-160% of attack as damage to opponents along its path. Lasts for 20 seconds or eight vacuum blades.
Wolf’s Gravestone (5-Star) – Increases attack by 20-40%. On hit, attacks against opponents with less than 30% HP increase all party members’ attack by 40-80% for 12 seconds. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Prototype Archaic (4-Star) – On hit, normal or charged attacks have a 50% chance to deal an additional 240-480% attack damage to opponents within a small AOE. Can only occur once every 15 seconds.
While we don’t know what Eula scales off of just yet, we can hazard a guess as to which artifact sets would benefit her. Gladiator’s Finale is obviously the default artifact set when it comes to just about every claymore user though you can also mix and match with two from that and two from Bloodstained Chivalry.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) ATK +18%. (4) If the wielder of this artifact set uses a sword, claymore, or polearm, increases their Normal Attack damage by 35%.
As we mentioned, Eula is likely in a similar role as Razor or Keqing in a physical damage build. Therefore you want to set off Superconduct as much as possible. This means using a couple of Cryo and Electro characters. Feel free to adjust!
- Eula Physical Damage Team
- Main DPS: Eula
- Secondary DPS: Beidou
- Sub DPS: Fischl
- Support: Diona
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Resistance
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
- Weekly Material: Dragon Lord’s Crown (New Material Not Currently Dropped)
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck. Honestly, we’ll have to see how good these Lightfall Swords are and how easy stacks are to obtain. It will be interesting to see just how powerful a C6 Eula is with Noble Obligation. She may end up being yet another character that gains a ton of power when fully powered up.
- Level 1 – Illusion of Light Tide: After the Icetide Vortex’s Grimheart effect, Eula’s physical damage bonus is increased by 30% for six seconds. Each stack of Grimheart consumed will extend the duration of this effect by six seconds, not exceeding 18 seconds maximum.
- Level 2 – The Girl of Sea Foam: The cooldown time of the Holding Mode of Icetide Vortex is reduced to the same as the cooldown time of the Press Mode.
- Level 3 – Lawrence Pedigree: Increases the level of Glacial Illumination by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – The Obstinacy of One’s Inferiors: Lightfall Swords deal 25% increased damage against opponents with less than 50% health.
- Level 5 – Chivalric Quality: Increases the level of Icetide Vortex by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Noble Obligation: Lightfall Swords created by Glacial Illumination start with five stacks of energy. Normal attacks, elemental skills, and elemental bursts have a 50% chance to grand the Lightfall Sword an additional stack of energy.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Eula’s level cap. Just like the previously mentioned Dragon Lord’s Crown, Eula utilizes Crystalline Blooms which you get from defeating the Cryo Hypostasis.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Dandelion Seeds, 3 Damaged Masks
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Crystalline Bloom, 10 Dandelion Seeds, 15 Damaged Masks
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Crystalline Bloom, 20 Dandelion Seeds, 12 Stained Masks
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Crystalline Bloom, 30 Dandelion Seeds, 18 Stained Masks
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Crystalline Bloom, 45 Dandelion Seeds, 12 Ominous Masks
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 20 Crystalline Bloom, 60 Dandelion Seeds, 24 Ominous Masks
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!