Have you been lucky enough to pull this adorable, chibi-sized ball of ferocious ice? Diona is one of the latest characters for Genshin Impact’s roster, and is a bartender who pack a lot more of a punch (and carts quite the hangover remedy) than expected. Here, we’ll break down all of the best ways to build out her character.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Sucrose Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
- Genshin Impact Diluc Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
- Genshin Impact Xingqiu Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
First and foremost, it’s important to note Diona is a ranged cyro character who can both play offensively and as a healer. But, she’s kind of a waste as an offensive character due to her HP. She’s best used as a healer and to snake in some elemental interactions.
Katzlein Style (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Preforms up to five consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Preforms a more precise aimed shot with increased damage and that arrow can also inflict cryo damage.
- Plunging Attack: A shower of arrows inflict cyro AOE damage.
Icy Paws (Basic Ability)
- Deals Cyro damage to enemies and forms a shield; the damage scales based off of Diona’s max HP, and duration is based off of how many icy paws hit.
- Press: Fires off two Icy Paws.
- Hold: Dashes before leaving five icy paws behind; shield created by this attack will have an increased 75 percent damage absorption rate.
Signature Mix (Ultimate)
- Deals continuous cyro AOE damage to enemies.
- Continuously heals allies within the AOE.
Cat’s Tail Secret Menu (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- Any characters in the Icy Paws shield get movement speed increased by ten percent, and stamina consumption decreased by ten percent.
Drunkards’ Farce (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Enemies inside the Drunkard’s Mist AOE see their attack stat reduced by ten percent for 15 seconds.
Complimentary Bar Food (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Diona has a 12 percent chance to double any meal with restorative effects when a perfect is achieved.
As always, we recommend going for three-star weapons on most characters, as odds are, you’ll be able to refine and ascend them more effectively. That said, here are the bows we think will be most effective on Diona:
- Favonius Warbow: All critical hits have a 60 percent chance (at base level) to produce elemental particles to charge six points of elemental energy for Diona. It’s really only her skills that make her a solid character, so any weapon that can charge those quickly make her a good rapid-fire character.
- Sacrificial Bow: After enemies are hit with an elemental skill, or basic ability, that skill has a 40 percent chance (at base level) to be cooled down immediately. This can only happen once every 30 seconds, but it does mean Diona’s skills become even easier to throw off even more quickly.
- Compound Bow: Normal Attack and Aimed Shot hits increase ATK by 4/5/6/7/8% and Normal Attack SPD by 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4% for six seconds. Maximum of four stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3 seconds.
The best set to use on healers is the Maiden Beloved, as this set not only buffs the character’s healing abilities, it also boosts the effects of the entire party’s received healing effects.
- 2-parts: Character healing effect increased by 15 percent.
- 4-parts: Elemental skills and bursts increase healing received by all party members by 20 percent for the next ten seconds.
Alternatively, two pieces of Maiden’s Beloved and two pieces of the Noblesse Oblige can be used for the following:
- 2-parts Noblesse Oblige: 20 percent more elemental damage.
- 2-parts Maiden’s Beloved: Character healing effect increased by 15 percent.
Diona is a proper support character, though she has slightly more damage than some other healers in the game.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Diluc
- Secondary DPS: Mona
- Healer: Diona
- Support: Venti
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Razor
- Secondary DPS: Xiangling
- Healer: Diona
- Support: Kaeya
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teaching of Freedom, Guide to Freedom, Philosophies of Freedom
- Common Ascension Material: Firm Arrowhead, Sharp Arrowhead, Weathered Arrowhead
- Weekly Material: Shard of a Foul Legacy
As usual, there are some powerful constellations here, but good luck getting to them.
- Level 1 — A Lingering Flavor: Regenerates 15 Energy as Signature Mix ends.
- Level 2 — Shaken, Not Purred: Icy Paws deal an extra 15 percent damage, and the shields have 15 percent extra damage absorption. When an icy paw hits an enemy, it creates a new shield with 50 percent effectiveness on nearby allies for five seconds.
- Level 3 — A-Another Round?: Signature Mix’s level is increased by three. Max level is 15.
- Level 4 — Wine Industry Slayer: When Diona is inside Drunken Mist, all aimed shots charge 60 percent faster.
- Level 5 — Double Shot, On The Rocks: Icy Paws’ level is increased by three. Max level is 15.
- Level 6 — Cat’s Tail Closing Time: Inside Drunken Mist AOE, all ally characters gain a 30 percent healing bonus when their health is below 50 percent, or they gain 200 Elemental Mastery.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Dione’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Calla Lilies, 3 Firm Arrowheads
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Shivada Jade Fragment, 2 Hoarfrost Cores, 10 Calla Lilies, 15 Firm Arrowheads
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Shivada Jade Fragment, 4 Hoarfrost Cores, 20 Calla Lilies, 12 Sharp Arrowheads
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Shivada Jade Chunk, 8 Hoarfrost Cores, 30 Calla Lilies, 18 Sharp Arrowheads
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Shivada Jade Chunk, 12 Hoarfrost Cores, 45 Calla Lilies, 12 Weathered Arrowheads
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Shivada Jade Gemstone, 20 Hoarfrost Cores, 60 Calla Lilies, 24 Weathered Arrowheads