Diluc? You’ve got Diluc? Consider me jealous. While I may not have the character, I have spent time familiarizing myself with his abilities and trying him out in game. Unsurprisingly, he works incredibly well when a team is built around him, but what weapons and artifacts will you want to use? We dig into that in this Genshin Impact guide.
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Sucrose Guide: Best Build, Artifacts, Team, & More!
- What Your Favorite Genshin Impact Characters Say About You
- Genshin Impact Ascension Crystals Guide – Hypostasis, Oceanid, Regisvine Locations
Diluc is one of the most popular characters in Genshin Impact and his abilities have a lot to do with that. His basic ability has charges so it can be spammed for quick damage. You’re probably already familiar with his ultimate, Dawn, which knocks back and damages all enemies in a path. It’s one of the reasons Venti is one of the community’s favorite supports. All you really need is an ability to keep foes grouped up and Diluc can deal massive amounts of damage.
- Tempered Sword (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Perform up to four consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
- Searing Onslaught (Basic Ability)
- Performs a forward slash that deals Pyro DMG. This skill can be used three times consecutively. Enters CD if not cast again within five seconds.
- Dawn (Ultimate)
- Releases intense flames to knock back nearby enemies, dealing Pyro DMG. The flames then converge into the weapon, summoning a Phoenix that flies forward and deals massive Pyro DMG to all enemies in its path. The Phoenix explodes upon reaching its destination, causing a large amount of AOE Pyro DMG. The searing flames that run down his blade cause Diluc’s Normal and Charged Attacks to deal Pyro DMG for a time.
- Relentless (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- Diluc’s Charged Attack Stamina Cost is decreased by 50 percent, and its duration is increased by three seconds.
- Blessing of Phoenix (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- The Pyro Enchantment provided by Dawn lasts for four seconds longer. Additionally. Diluc gains 20 percent Pyro DMG Bonus during the duration of this effect.
- Tradition of the Dawn Knight (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Refunds 15 percent of the ores used when crafting Claymore-type weapons.
Diluc is the definitive DPS in Genshin Impact so you’ll want to optimize his attack and pyro damage.
There are a handful of great claymores for Diluc to use. Prototype Animus is probably the most frequent selection for any kind of DPS character using a claymore, but there are others too!
Sacrificial Greatsword (4-Stars) – After damaging an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40/50/60/70/80 percent chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30/26/22/18/14 seconds.
Blackcliff Slasher (4-Stars) – After defeating an enemy, ATK is increased by 12/15/18/21/24% for 30s. This effect has a maximum of 3 stacks, and the duration of each stack is independent of the others.
Prototype Animus (4-Stars) – On hit, Normal or Charged Attacks have a 50 percent chance to deal an additional 240/300/360/420/480 percent ATK DMG to enemies within a small radius. Can only occur once every 15 seconds.
Wolf’s Gravestone (4-Stars) – Increases Base ATK by 20/25/30/35/40 percent. On hit, attacks against enemies with less than 30 percent HP increase all party members’ Base ATK by 40/50/60/70/80 percent for 12 seconds. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
The two most obvious artifact sets are Gladiator’s Finale which is a buff for all melee class basic attacks and Crimson Witch of Flames which is a set specialized for pyro characters. We’ve thrown in Brave Heart here, not because it’s particularly good, but it can combine with Diluc’s Conviction constellation for a total of 45% more damage to foes with more than half of their health left.
Gladiator’s Finale (Attack Buff) – (2) ATK +18%. (4) If the wielder of this artifact set uses a sword, claymore, or polearm, increases their normal attack damage by 35 percent.
Crimson Witch of Flames (Pyro Buff) – (2) Pyro DMG Bonus +15%. (4) Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40 percent. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15 percent. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50 percent for 10 seconds. Max three stacks.
Brave Heart (50% HP DMG) – (2) ATK +18%. (4) Increases DMG by 30% against enemies with more than 50% HP.
As we mentioned, Diluc is certainly good enough to be the character you build your entire team around. Try to keep in mind Diluc’s ultimate which vastly benefits from grouped up enemies.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Diluc
- Secondary DPS: Keqing
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Venti
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Diluc
- Secondary DPS: Chongyun
- Healer: Barbara
- Support: Traveler
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Resistance
- Common Ascension Material: Recruit’s/Sergeant’s/Lieutenant’s Insignia
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly difficult to rank these up in any meaningful way outside of sheer luck, especially with a five-star character like Diluc. It’s hard to emphasize exactly how good Diluc’s constellations are. Each of these is an incredible buff to his overall power and will likely keep him as one of the best DPS characters in the game unless he’s nerfed.
- Level 1 – Conviction: Diluc deals 15 percent more DMG to enemies whose HP is above 50 percent.
- Level 2 – Searing Ember: When Diluc takes DMG, his ATK increases by ten percent, and his ATK SPD increases by five percent. Lasts for ten seconds. This effect can stack up to three times and can only occur once every 1.5 seconds.
- Level 3 – Steel and Fire: Increases Searing Onslaught’s skill level by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Flowing Flame: Casting Searing Onslaught in sequence greatly increases damage dealt. Within two seconds of using Searing Onslaught, casting the next Searing Onslaught in the combo deals 40 percent additional DMG. This effect lasts for the next two seconds.
- Level 5 – Phoenix, Harbinger of Dawn: Increases Dawn’s skill level by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Flaming Sword, Nemesis of Dark: After casting Searing Onslaught, the next two Normal Attacks within the next six seconds will have their DMG and ATK SPD increased by 30 percent. Additionally, Searing Onslaught will not interrupt the Normal Attack combo.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Diluc’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Small Lamp Grass, 3 Recruit’s Insignia
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 2 Everflame Seeds, 10 Small Lamp Grass, 15 Recruit’s Insignia
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 4 Everflame Seeds, 20 Small Lamp Grass, 12 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 8 Everflame Seeds, 30 Small Lamp Grass, 18 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 12 Everflame Seeds, 45 Small Lamp Grass, 12 Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 20 Everflame Seeds, 60 Small Lamp Grass, 24 Lieutenant’s Insignia
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!