Avidya Forest Ranger Trainee and former Fatui test subject Collei will join the Genshin Impact roster as the first 4-Star Dendro character. If HoYoverse follows the usual six-week update schedule, the green-haired sharpshooter will likely join Tighnari’s Wish Banner on August 24.
Naturally, we want to equip Collei with the best Weapons and Artifacts we can find. If you need some guidance, here are our best Collei build ideas, based on pre-release information provided by Honeyhunter.
Collei Kit and Skills
Bow user and Dendro expert Collei is multifunctional. Newer players can use her as a Main DPS (using Charged Dendro Attacks), while those with a more expansive roster can instead utilize her as a Sub DPS. Since Collei is the first Dendro alongside 5-Star Tighnari, she may also be built as a Dendro Support wearing the Memories of the Deep Forest Artifact set (more on that below).
Collei’s abilities are relatively straightforward. Swap her in-and-out of combat whenever the Skill or Burst is ready, and don’t use her Charged Attacks unless she’s your Main DPS. Even though Collei has Attack as her Ascension stat, her base Attack is too low to make her Normal Attacks worthwhile.
Note that Collei’s passives work with Dendro Reactions. She doesn’t need to be the one to trigger them, but at least one of her teammates should. Should Collei herself take on the role of Dendro Reaction trigger in your team, make sure she has a high Elemental Mastery stat.
Supplicant’s Bowmanship (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Performs up to four consecutive shots.
- Charged Attack: Uses stamina to perform a more precise Aimed Shot. While charging, the arrow will be infused with Dendro.
- Plunging Attack: Deals AoE damage on impact.
Floral Brush (Elemental Skill)
- Throws a Floral Ring that deals Dendro damage to targets it comes into contact with.
- After a set time, returns to deal Dendro damage once more.
Trump-Card Kitty (Elemental Burst)
- Collei throws her Cuilein-Anbar doll, causing an AoE Dendro explosion.
- The explosion leaves a Dendro field behind, the Cuilein-Anbar Zone. The doll will continue to bounce around within this zone, dealing additional AoE Dendro damage.
Floral Sidewinder (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- If one of your party members triggers Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon Reactions before the Floral Ring returns (Elemental Skill), it will grant the character the Sprout Effect upon return.
- The Sprout Effect deals continuous Dendro damage equal to 40% of Collei’s Attack to nearby opponents for a duration of three seconds.
- If another Sprout Effect is triggered during its initial duration, the initial effect will be removed.
The Languid Wood (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
If a character within the Cuilein-Anbar Zone triggers Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon Reactions, the Zone’s duration is increased by one second. This effect can happen up to three times per Elemental Burst.
Gliding Champion of Sumeru (Passive 3) – Unlocked
Decreases gliding Stamina consumption by 20%. This only works for your own party members, and it’s not stackable with Passive Talents providing the same effect.
Best Collei Build
The upcoming 5-Star Bow, Hunter’s Path, would be an awesome choice for Collei. However, it’s probably wiser to give such a strong weapon to a Main DPS like Tighnari. As the Aqua Simulacra bonus damage is passive, “when enemies are nearby,” it’s a better fit for Collei.
The 4-Star weapons are a bit similar: Viridescent Hunt is great for a more active Main DPS Collei build, while The Stringless’ Elemental Mastery and ability boosts are perfect for a Sub DPS. The Viridescent Hunt is especially interesting because of its high Critical Rate. However, if you don’t have any of these weapons, most Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, and even Attack percentage Bows are fine.
- Hunter’s Path (5-Star) – Increases Critical Rate as a secondary stat. Also grants an Elemental damage bonus of 24% at max refinement. When the wearer hits an opponent with a Charged Attack, Charged Attack damage is increased by 160% of Elemental Mastery. This effect is removed after 12 Charged Attacks or ten seconds. The effect can be triggered once every 12 seconds.
- Aqua Simulacra (5-Star) – Increases Critical Damage as a secondary stat. Also offers an HP bonus of up to 32% and increases the damage dealt by this weapon up to a maximum of 40% when enemies are nearby. This effect also works while the wearer is not on the battlefield.
- Viridescent Hunt (4-Star) – Increases Critical Rate. Upon hit, Normal and Charged shots have a 50% chance to generate a cyclone that will attract enemies and deal up to 80% Attack Damage (every half second for a duration of four seconds). This effect may occur once every 14 seconds.
- The Stringless (4-Star) – Has Elemental Mastery as its secondary stat. Also increases Elemental Skill and Burst damage by up to 48%.
Best Collei Artifacts
As a Dendro Sub DPS, the best Artifact set for Collei is the upcoming Memories of the Deep Forest set. It will grant her a Dendro bonus and decrease enemies’ Dendro Resistance. It’s especially great when Collei teams up with another Dendro DPS like Tighnari.
However, if she focuses on triggering Elemental Reactions such as Catalyze (Dendro and Electro), an Elemental Mastery-based set is a proper alternative. To make the Sumeru Artifact farm more manageable, a 2-piece Memories set would be great together with Wanderer’s Troupe. If you can’t get any Sumeru Artifacts yet, try the full 4-piece Wanderer’s Troupe or a combo with an Attack-based set like Gladiator’s Finale.
As for the main stats, go for Critical Rate/Damage on the Circlet slot and Dendro on Goblet. Depending on team and secondary Artifact stats, it’s probably not necessary to use an Energy Recharge Artifact, so reserve the remaining slots for Attack (Main DPS Collei) or Elemental Mastery (Elemental Reaction Sub DPS build).
- Memories of the Deep Forest – (2) +15% Dendro damage bonus. (4) When an enemy receives Elemental damage, their Dendro resistance is reduced by 25% for eight seconds. This effect can trigger while the wearer is off-field.
- Gilded Dreams – (2) Elemental Mastery is increased by 80. (4) For a duration of eight seconds after triggering an Elemental Reaction, the wearer receives buffs based on the Elemental types present in the party. For every Element that is similar to the wearer’s, Attack is increased by 14%. For every ally whose Element is different, Elemental Mastery is increased by 50. The effect can be triggered once every eight seconds, even when the wearer is off-field.
- Wanderer’s Troupe – (2) Elemental Mastery is increased by 80. (4) Increases Charged Attack damage by 35% if the character uses a Catalyst or Bow.
- Gladiator’s Finale – (2) Attack increased by 18%.
Best Team for Collei
If you have the funds to get Collei’s 5-Star Dendro colleague Tighnari, they will make an awesome first Dendro duo. As a free-to-play alternative, it’s worth trying out Collei together with Dendro Traveler.
So far, we know that Dendro reacts with Electro, Pyro, and Hydro. Based on the Genshin Impact 3.0 beta, Spread teams (Dendro applied to Catalyzed enemies -Dendro and Electro Reaction) are expected to be quite strong. If you use a strong Electro sub DPS, Collei can be the one to trigger the Spread Reaction.
Alternatively, you can try a Burning team with Dendro and Pyro, or a Burgeon team with Dendro, Pyro, and Hydro. Teamed up with a Hydro like Yelan or Kokomi, Collei can set up a Bloom Reaction after which a Pyro character can trigger the Burgeon effect to deal Dendro AoE damage. Based on all that, here are some team composition suggestions:
Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Tighnari
- Sub DPS: Yae Miko, Yelan
- Sub DPS/Support: Collei, Raiden Shogun, Bennett
- Support: Kokomi, Thoma, Zhongli
- Main DPS: Collei, Traveler, Amber
- Sub DPS: Fischl, Lisa
- Support: Barbara
Collei Talent Materials
- Talent Level-Up Material: Unknown Sumeru Domain reward
- Common Ascension Material: Firm/Sharp/Weathered Arrowhead
- Weekly Material: Tears of the Calamitous God (Raiden Shogun weekly boss drop)
If Collei becomes Tighnari’s sidekick in battle, Constellation Levels 1 and 4 will come in handy. The first will ensure that Collei charges her Burst faster, and the second grants an Elemental Mastery bonus to Tighnari. The other Constellations mostly strengthen her existing Dendro DPS abilities.
- Level 1 – Deepwood Patrol: While in the party but not on the field, Collei’s Energy Recharge is increased by 20%.
- Level 2 – Through Hill and Copse: The Floral Sidewinder passive will always grant the character Floral Sprout upon return. If a character triggers any of the Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon Elemental Reactions between the start of the Skill and the end of the Floral Sprout effect, the effect is extended by three seconds.
- Level 3 – Scent of Summer: Increases the Elemental Skill level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 4 – Gift of the Woods: Using the Elemental Burst will increase all nearby party member’s Elemental Mastery by 60 for twelve seconds (excluding Collei herself).
- Level 5 – All Embers: Increases Elemental Burst level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 6 – Forest of Falling Arrows: When the Floral Ring hits, it will create a miniature Cuilein-Anbar who deals 200% of Collei’s Attack as Dendro damage. This can only happen once per Elemental Skill use.
Collei Ascension Information
Here are the items needed to Ascend Collei. Aside from the Arrowheads, they’re all found in the new Sumeru region.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Nagadus Emerald Sliver, 3 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 3 Firm Arrowheads
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Nagadus Emerald Fragments, 2 Majestic Hooked Beaks, 10 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 15 Firm Arrowheads
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Nagadus Emerald Fragments, 4 Majestic Hooked Beaks, 20 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 12 Sharp Arrowheads
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Nagadus Emerald Chunks, 8 Majestic Hooked Beaks, 30 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 18 Sharp Arrowheads
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Nagadus Emerald Chunks, 12 Majestic Hooked Beaks, 45 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 12 Weathered Arrowheads
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Nagadus Emerald Gemstones, 20 Majestic Hooked Beaks, 60 Rukkhashava Mushrooms, 24 Weathered Arrowheads
What’s your favorite Collei build? Feel free to share your ideas in the comments!