Genshin Impact 2.0 will arrive soon and none other than the long-awaited Kamisato Ayaka will be featured on the first 5-Star Wish banner. This Inazuma noblewoman, who already appeared in the Genshin Impact beta, is an expert Sword fighter and an even better Cryo caster. She’s currently scheduled to release on July 21.
We already have some info on Ayaka’s abilities and gameplay thanks to the official Genshin Impact YouTube channel. On top of that, we got a lot of extra info on Ayaka’s stats and skills from Honey Hunter World. A big thanks to them!
So, if you can’t wait to find out more about Ayaka, take a look at this pre-release Ayaka build guide!
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Gardening Guide – A Path of Value Farm Plots & More!
- Genshin Impact Guide Hub – Characters, Materials, Tier Lists, & More
- Genshin Impact Sea Ganoderma Guide – Ganoderma Locations & Uses
Kamisato Ayaka is a pretty straightforward character to use in combat. Her base attack power is one of the highest in the game (equal to Eula and only surpassed by Xiao), both her Elemental Attacks are focused on Cryo damage, and her Ascension stat increases her Critical Damage. As a result, Ayaka will be an easy-to-use Cryo DPS.
Due to her fast Sword attacks and evasiveness, Ayaka is somewhat similar to Electro Keqing. Her special Sprint Ability is very similar to Mona’s, but as a Sword user, Ayaka will receive an additional Cryo buff after ending the Sprint. This means that using Ayaka’s Sprint Ability frequently will enable you to almost always deal Cryo damage.
In other words, Ayaka’s Elemental Abilities are perfect to trigger Cryo Elemental Reactions while she’s active on the battlefield. Just keep in mind that Ayaka is less suited to initiate Reactions and isn’t an ideal sub-DPS as a result. She also doesn’t have any support abilities. Just focus on dealing Cryo damage, and you’ll be fine!
Kamisato Art: Kabuki (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Performs up to five rapid Sword strikes, with the last one ending in a forward dash.
- Charged Attack: Consumes stamina to strike and unleash a flurry of Sword ki.
- Plunging Attack: A mid-air strike, deals AOE damage when hitting the ground.
Kamisato Art: Hyouka (Elemental Skill)
- Ayaka’s Elemental Skill summons an upwards Cryo storm in the form of a snowflake.
- This Cryo attack will launch all nearby enemies into the air and deal AOE Cryo damage.
Kamisato Art: Soumetsu (Elemental Burst)
- Ayaka’s Elemental Burst summons a Cryo snowstorm which consists of three large ‘frostflakes’ that move forwards and hit all enemies in their path.
- The snowstorm lasts for five seconds, after which it explodes and deals additional AOE Cryo damage.
Kamisato Art: Senho (Alternative Sprint Ability)
- Ayaka is the first character to have a special Sprint Ability like Mona’s. Ayaka’s Senho mode hides her in a cloud of fog and allows her to move swiftly across the battlefield without getting hit.
- In Senho mode, Ayaka can move through water. Whenever she jumps out, the water below her is frozen. The ice will melt quickly though, so be careful not to drown!
- When Ayaka reappears from Senho mode, she casts the Cryo effect on nearby enemies and infuses her own Sword attacks with Cryo for a brief period of time.
Kanten Senmyou Blessing (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- After using her Elemental Skill (Kamisato Art: Hyouka), Ayaka’s Normal and Charged Attacks deal 30% increased damage for a duration of six seconds.
Amatsumi Kunitsumi Sanctification (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
If the Cryo explosion at the end of Ayaka’s Ultimate (Kamisato Art: Soumetsu) hits an opponent, she will gain the following boosts:
- Ayaka restores ten Stamina.
- Ayaka gains an 18% Cryo damage bonus for a duration of ten seconds.
Fruits of Shinsa (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- Ayaka has a ten percent chance to receive double the product when crafting Weapon Ascension Materials.
Luckily, finding a decent weapon for Ayaka is not that hard. There are plenty of Swords offering attack power boosts. As Ayaka is a Cryo damage dealer, make sure to choose Attack Power over Physical Damage. Furthermore, Ayaka has a high Critical Damage stat, so you might need a Sword with a high Critical Rate to make good use of it (not necessary if you already got enough Critical Rate from Artifacts).
The Genshin Impact 2.0 Mistsplitter Reforged Sword will be a perfect choice to boost Ayaka’s Elemental Abilities. Skyward Blade is especially useful to charge her Ultimate faster. Finally, the Black Sword is a great 4-Star substitute, especially for beginning players. It will make Ayaka sturdier and get her a decent Critical Rate.
Skyward Blade (5-Star) – Increases Energy Recharge up to 55% (at max level). Also increases Critical Rate by four to eight percent. Gains Skypiercing Might upon using an Elemental Burst: increasing Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 10%, and Normal and Charged hits deal additional damage equal to 20-40% of Attack Power. Effect lasts for 12 seconds.
Mistsplitter Reforged (5-Star) – Increases Ayaka’s Critical Damage by 9-44%. Gains a maximum Elemental Damage bonus of 24% and grants the Mistsplitter’s Seal buff. You will gain one stack of Mistsplitter’s Seal when your Normal Attack deals Elemental Damage (stack lasts five seconds), when casting an Elemental Burst (stacks lasts ten seconds), or when Energy is less than 100% (stack disappears when Energy is full). At the maximum stack level of three, Mistsplitter’s Seal provides an Elemental Damage bonus of up to 56%.
The Black Sword (4-Star) – Increases Critical Rate to a maximum of 27% and damage dealt with Normal and Charged Attacks by 20 to 40%. Whenever Normal or Charged Attacks score a critical hit, 60-100% of Ayaka’s Attack Power is regenerated as HP. This effect can occur once every five seconds.
When choosing Artifacts for Ayaka, go for Attack Power, Critical Damage (and the necessary Critical Rate), and Cryo Damage. Remember that Ayaka’s Senho Sprint infuses her Sword attacks with Cryo, so she can deal Cryo damage even without using Elemental Abilities. The 5-Star Blizzard Strayer Artifact set is basically the perfect choice for her, but Gladiator’s Finale is also good. If you need a 3/4-Star alternative, try the Martial Artist instead.
Blizzard Strayer – (2) grants a 15% Cryo Damage bonus. (4) Attacking an opponent affected by Cryo increases Critical Rate by 20%. If the enemy is also Frozen, your Critical rate gets an additional 20% boost.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) gives an 18% Attack Power increase. (4) Sword users (as well as Claymore and Polearm) get 35% increased Attack Damage.
Martial Artist – (2) Increases Normal and Charged Attack Damage by 15%. (4) Increases Normal and Charged Attack damage by 25% for a duration of 8 seconds after using an Elemental Skill.
Best Team Comps
As a Cryo main DPS, Ayaka is perfect together with a more passive Hydro Sub-DPS or Support to constantly freeze opponents. She will also do well together with a strong Electro (Superconduct) and Anemo teammate (Swirl). Furthermore, you can easily boost her Critical Rate by putting another Cryo on the team thanks to the Elemental Resonance effect. Finally, as Ayaka has little buffs and no support skills of her own, she needs a good healer or shield provider to keep her alive.
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Ayaka
- Sub DPS: Fischl (passive Electro), Mona (freezing), or Kazuha (Swirl)
- Support: Xingqiu (freezing and attack buffs), Qiqi (Elemental Resonance and healing), or Zhongli (shield)
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Ayaka
- Sub DPS: Lisa (Electro)
- Sub DPS/Support: Diona (Elemental Resonance buff and shielding)
- Support: Barbara (freezing and healing)
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Elegance
- Common Ascension Material: Old/Kageuchi/Famed Handguard
- Weekly Material: Bloodjade Branch
As goes for every 5-Star character in Genshin Impact, it’s very costly to level Ayaka’s Constellation upgrades to six. Although these upgrades will obviously make her a lot stronger, it doesn’t look like Ayaka needs any of them to be good though. If you plan on upgrading the Ayaka Constellation, you can be sure to get a killer Ultimate once you reach Constellation level four.
- Level 1 – Snowswept Sakura: When Ayaka’s Normal or Charged Attack deals Cryo damage to enemies, she has a 50% chance to decrease her Elemental Skill’s cooldown by 0.3 seconds. This effect can occur once per 0.1 seconds.
- Level 2 – Blizzard Blade Seki No To: When Ayaka uses her Ultimate, she summons two additional smaller Cryo snowstorm blades, each dealing 20% of the original Ultimate attack damage.
- Level 3 – Frostbloom Kamifubuki: Raises the Ultimate’s level by three (to a maximum level of 15).
- Level 4 – Ebb and Flow: Opponents hit by the Ultimate’s snowstorm frostflakes will see their defense decreased by 30% for a duration of six seconds.
- Level 5 – Blossom Cloud Irutsuki: Increases the upgrade level of Ayaka’s basic ability by three (to a maximum level of 15).
- Level 6 – Dance of Suigetsu: Ayaka gains the ‘Usurahi Butou’ buff every ten seconds, increasing her Charged Attack damage by 298%. After Ayaka hits an opponent with her Charged Attack, the buff ends and the timer resets.
Here’s a list of all the items you need to Ascend Ayaka once she reaches a level cap. You may notice a lot of new item names, such as the Sakura Bloom and Old Handguard. These are new plants and enemy drops found in the upcoming Inazuma region.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Sakura Bloom, 3 Old Handguard
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Perpetual Hearts, 10 Sakura Bloom, 15 Old Handguard
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Perpetual Hearts, 20 Sakura Bloom, 12 Kageuchi Handguard
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Perpetual Hearts, 30 Sakura Bloom, 18 Kageuchi Handguard
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Perpetual Hearts, 45 Sakura Bloom, 12 Famed Handguard
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 20 Perpetual Hearts, 60 Sakura Bloom, 24 Famed Handguard
And that’s how you get a great Ayaka to lead your team in Genshin Impact 2.0. How would you build your Ayaka? Share your thoughts in the comments below!