Meet Arataki Itto: the greatest head of the Arataki Gang, according to himself. Besides being humble, this new 5-Star Genshin Impact character is also skilled at beating up enemies with his Geo-infused Claymore. As long as you get his Defenses up, you’ll find an amazing new main DPS in this Oni Sumo King.
Arataki Itto will join the game halfway through version 2.3, which means that his release date is around December 14. We based this Itto build guide on the official Genshin Impact gameplay videos, as well as some additional details from Honey Hunter World. We’re very grateful to them!
Let’s take a look at the best Itto builds.
You May Also Like:
- I’m Ready for Arataki Itto, that Hunky Oni Dude Genshin Impact Players Went Wild Over
- Genshin Impact Onikabuto Guide – Onikabuto Locations & Uses
- FFXIV Endwalker: Full Breakdown of Magic and Ranged DPS Changes Up to Level 90
Arataki Itto Abilities
Itto’s strength lies in his upgraded Charged Attacks: the Arataki Kesagiri slashes. They’re even more powerful when Oni King unlocks his passives. However, the upgrade only works if you have enough Superlative Superstrength stacks, so collecting these is your first priority.
It’s always good to throw Ushi (the Elemental Skill) on the battlefield as soon as combat starts. While distracting enemies, Ushi will generate Superlative Superstrength for you. You should then use your Elemental Burst and (if needed) Normal Attacks to get extra stacks. Then switch to Charged Attacks to perform the Arataki Kesagiri moves.
Fight Club Legend (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attacks: Performs up to four strikes.
- When the second and fourth Normal Attack strike hits an opponent, Itto gains Superlative Superstrength stacks (up to a total of five stacks).
- Triggering this effect again will refresh the duration.
- The Normal Attack combo won’t reset for a while after using an Elemental Skill or initiating a sprint.
- Charged Attack: Performs a series of extra-powerful Arataki Kesagiri slashes, without using stamina. Every Kesagiri slash consumes one stack of Superlative Superstrength instead.
- When the final stack is consumed, Itto performs an extra powerful attack.
- If no Superlative Superstrength stacks are available, Itto performs a normal slash attack (with stamina drain).
- Plunging Attack: Deals AOE damage on impact.
Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst! (Elemental Skill)
- Throws Ushi (his tiny bull sidekick) at opponents, dealing Geo damage. Ushi counts as a Geo construct.
- Hold the Elemental Skill button to adjust direction.
- Upon hit, Ushi grants one stack of Superlative Superstrength.
- Ushi will remain on the battlefield and grant the following effects:
- Taunts surrounding opponents.
- HP is based on a percentage of Itto’s max HP.
- If Ushi takes damage, he grants one stack of Superlative Superstrength. May occur once every two seconds.
- Ushi will flee when his HP reaches zero, or when its duration (six seconds) ends. Whenever this happens, you gain one stack of Superlative Superstrength.
Royal Descend: Behold, Itto the Evil! (Elemental Burst)
- Itto enters a Geo-enhanced state with the following effects:
- Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks are converted to Geo.
- Attack increases based on his max Defense.
- Normal Attack Speed increases.
- The first and third strikes in the Normal Attack sequence will also grant one stack of Superlative Superstrength each.
- Itto’s Elemental and Physical Resistance are decreased by 20%.
Arataki Ichiban (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- When Itto uses Arataki Kesagiri slashes, he gains the following effects:
- Each slash grants the following slash 10% more Attack Speed, up to a max of 30%.
- Increased resistance to interruption.
Bloodline of the Crimson Oni (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- Arataki Kesagiri damage increases by 35% of Itto’s Defense.
Woodchuck Chucked (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- When a party member uses attacks to obtain wood, they have a 25% chance to obtain an additional log.
Best Arataki Itto Build
Good news for those with a large stack of Primogems: the upcoming Redhorn Stonethresher weapon banner can get you the perfect 5-Star Claymore for Itto. It greatly increases his Defense, Normal/Charged Attack power, and Critical Damage.
Unfortunately, none of the other 5-Star Claymores seems suitable for the new Defense-based Geo. So if you can’t get Stonetresher, go for a 4-Star Whiteblind instead. The Serpent Spine is also good, but be sure to use Itto as your most active character. Only go for the White Iron Greatsword if you can’t get any of the others.
Redhorn Stonetresher (5-Star) – Has Critical Damage as its secondary stat. Furthermore, increases Defense by up to 56% and increases Normal and Charged Attack damage by up to 80% of max Defense.
Whiteblind (4-Star) – Has Defense as a secondary stat. Normal and Charged Attack hits grant an Attack and Defense bonus of up to 12% for six seconds. This effect can occur once every half second, up to a maximum of four stacks.
Serpent Spine (4-Star) – Increases Critical Rate. For every four seconds the character is on the field, they deal up to 10% increased damage and take 2 or 3% more damage. This effect, with a maximum of five stacks, is not reset when the character leaves the field. It’s reduced by one whenever the character takes damage though.
White Iron Greatsword (4-Star)- Increased Defense. Defeating an opponent restores up to 16% HP.
Best Arataki Itto Artifacts
The Husk of Opulent Dreams Artifact set releases in Genshin Impact 2.3 as well. This may therefore not come as a big surprise, but it’s the perfect fit for our new 5-Star Oni King. The fast Geo-infused Burst attacks will help you gain those Curiosity stacks with ease.
However, if you pair the Arataki gang leader with a good shield provider (looking at you, Zhongli), you might go for Retracing Bolide instead. The two-piece set isn’t special, but the four-piece set is great for a Main DPS. If you find yourself relying on Itto’s Normal and Charged Attacks a lot (outside the enhanced state), this set can be the better option.
Of course, Archaic Petra’s Geo bonus is also pretty great for a Geo DPS. Just stay away from sets like Gladiator’s Finale, as they won’t work with Itto’s low base attack.
Husk of Opulent Dreams – (2) Defense +30%. (4) The wearer gains one Curiosity stack every three seconds when off-field, or when hitting an opponent with a Geo attack (no more than once every 0.3 seconds). One Curiosity stack grants a 6% Defense and 6% Geo damage bonus. You can get a maximum of four stacks.
Retracing Bolide – (2) Shield strength increased by 35%. (4) While protected by a shield, gain 40% increased Normal and Charged Attack damage.
Archaic Petra – (2) Grants a 15% Geo damage bonus.
Best Team for Arataki Itto
Itto himself should take on the role of main DPS. If you have another Geo and a shield provider (not necessarily the same character), make sure you get the Geo Elemental Resonance. This will grant the team a 15% shield strength bonus and a 15% damage increase while protected by a shield. Furthermore, dealing damage to enemies will decrease their Geo Resistance by 20%.
The best Geo options are Gorou (Defense and Geo bonus), Zhongli (Shield), or Albedo (Geo Sub DPS). If you choose Gorou, you can go for a full Geo team. If you’d rather pair Itto with other Elements, consider Pyro for its Resonance Attack bonus.
If you’re looking for a non-Geo character regardless of Elemental Resonance (the fourth slot on a Geo-focused team), Raiden Shogun is your best bet thanks to her Elemental Burst Support. However, since Element isn’t that important, you can also just go with your best Sub DPS.
Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Itto
- Sub DPS: Albedo, Xiangling
- Sub DPS/Support: Raiden Shogun, Bennett, Ningguang
- Support: Zhongli, Thoma, Diona
- Main DPS: Itto
- Sub DPS: Kaeya, Xiangling, Geo Traveler
- Sub DPS/Support: Ningguang, XInyan
- Support: Noelle
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Elegance
- Common Ascension Material: Slime Condensate/Secretions/Concentrate
- Weekly Material: Ashen Heart
As is often the case, all of these Constellation upgrades would come in handy. However, you don’t need the extra Superlative Superstrength stacks or decreased cooldowns. A zero-Constellations Itto may be slightly less active, but that’s not a problem as long as you’ve got a decent team. If you’ve got the Primogems to create the most overpowered Geo Gang in the history of Genshin Impact though, here’s what you’ll get:
- Level 1 – Stay a While and Listen Up: Using the Elemental Burst grants Itto two stacks of Superlative Superstrength. After one second, he gains another Superstrength stack every 0.5 seconds for a duration of 1.5 seconds.
- Level 2 – Gather ‘Round, It’s a Brawl: After using an Elemental Burst, the cooldown will be decreased by 1.5 seconds and six Energy will be restored for every Geo ally (to a maximum of three).
- Level 3 – Horns Lowered, Coming Through: Increases the Elemental Skill level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 4 – Jailhouse Bread and Butter: When the Elemental Burst effect ends, all allies gain a 20% Defense and Attack bonus for ten seconds.
- Level 5 – 10 Years of Hanamizaka Fame: Increases Elemental Burst level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 6 – Arataki Itto, Present: Charged Attacks deal 70% increased Critical Damage. When using Arataki Kesagiri, there’s a 50% chance to not consume Superlative Superstrength.
Itto Ascension Information
These are all the materials needed to Ascend your Arataki Gang Leader:
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Prithiva Topaz Sliver, 3 Onikabuto, 3 Slime Condensate
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Prithiva Topaz Fragments, 2 Riftborn Regalia, 10 Onikabuto, 15 Slime Condensate
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Prithiva Topaz Fragments, 4 Riftborn Regalia, 20 Onikabuto, 12 Slime Secretions
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Prithiva Topaz Chunks, 8 Riftborn Regalia, 30 Onikabuto, 18 Slime Secretions
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Prithiva Topaz Chunks, 12 Riftborn Regalia, 45 Onikabuto, 12 Slime Concentrate
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Prithiva Topaz Gemstones, 20 Riftborn Regalia, 60 Onikabuto, 24 Slime Concentrate
Will you build your Itto with the new weapon and Artifacts? Share your thoughts in the comments!