With summer in full swing across the northern hemisphere, people everywhere are dousing themselves with tan lotions and bug sprays in a desperate attempt to protect the fragile bodies that they’re also deeply ashamed of. It’s an annual tradition that everyone
endures enjoys. Including the Fortnite folk at Epic Games apparently, as an upcoming (but as of yet unannounced) summer-themed event has been uncovered in recent Fortnite patch data.
14 Days of Summer, as the data indicates, will introduce 14 free challenges and 15 associated rewards, which include emotes, toys, sprays, wraps — all the usual accoutrements. There also seems to be a bevvy of new skins set to debut during the festivities (with matching accessories in tow), but they’re most likely v-buck items headed to the shop. Bogus, dude! Meanwhile, the mined patch data also held information regarding a ton of new limited time modes, some of which must surely tie in to the rest of the goings-on. Here’s what we know so far:
14 Days of Summer Start & End Date
The 14 Days of Summer event is live now! If it only runs for a fortnight, as per the name, it should end on July 8.
In Battle Royale, each day will feature:
- A weapon unvaulted for 24 hours only.
- A new LTM to play (check out the full selection of LTMs that will debuting below).
- A daily challenge and free reward.
- New outfits and more in the Item Shop.
Sun’s out, fun’s out in Creative as well! Jump in daily for a new featured island.
Also in Save the World, complete a new quest every day to help Homebase host the hottest summer party around and score some summer freebies in the store. Complete quests to earn heaps of Summer Tickets; complete all 14 to unlock a new explosive weapon!
14 Days of Summer Challenges
The following challenges were mined by Twitter user Lucas7yoshi, who shares their discoveries under a Creative Commons license. Based on this account’s track record, we consider it very likely that the below challenges are the genuine article. As is normally the case with seasonal Fortnite events, each challenge grants its own reward upon completion, with a final Really Good Thing™ awarded after every challenge has been bested. Here’s what you’ll almost certainly be doing during 14 Days of Summer:
- Dance at 6 different beach parties [“Deep End” emote]
- Bounce a giant beach ball in 5 different matches [“Soak it Up” loading screen]
- Get 5 eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or a Drum Gun [Water Balloon toy]
- Thank the bus driver and finish Top 20 in 5 different matches [“Perfect Blend” emoji]
- Pop 5 party balloon decorations [Summer Days spray]
- Search 3 unicorn floaties at swimming holes [“Neon Tropics” wrap]
- Hit a player with a water balloon in 3 different matches [“Summertime Splashdown” loading screen]
- Bounce off a giant beach umbrella in 3 different matches [Unknown]
- Score 250,000 trick points with a Driftboard with the Neon Tropics wrap applied to it [Summer Days spray #2]
- Launch 3 fireworks along the river bank [“Low n’ Slow” harvesting tool]
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board [Beach Ball contrail]
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match [“Quack Pack” back bling]
- Search the hidden sea shell in the Soak it Up loading screen [“Glitter” music pack]
- Destroy 7 grills with the Low n’ Slow harvesting tool [Grill icon]
Our sister site, Storm Shield One, was able to verify many of the prizes found in Lucas7yoshi’s list of challenges, though not quite all of them. Completing every challenge nets you Smoothie, everyone’s favorite banana man in blended back bling form, as seen in the Season 9 cinematic.
14 Days of Summer Skins
As we mentioned above, none of the skins that Storm Shield was able to mine from patch v9.30 are awarded by 14 Days of Summer challenges. Most likely, all of the uncovered skins will appear in the regular ol’ item shop, and while this isn’t totally unexpected, it does harsh our chill summer vibes, man. Click all up on the image above for an up-close and personal look at what is almost assuredly the full set of skins that players can expect to shell out for during the event. Get it? Shell out? Fine, be like that.
14 Days of Summer LTMs
Epic has released a complete list of the LTMs that will be featured this week. We do not know which order they’ll go live in!
Heavy Metal Squads
In this mode, only the “Heavy” weapon variants can be found in loot boxes. Get your loadout and get in the fight!
- Only weapons with heavy in the name
- Faster metal farming rates
- Faster storm times
Storm Chasers: Surfin’ (squads)
Ride the waves and try to stay afloat, who will be the best?
- Everyone deploys to a vehicle at the start of the game
- Impulses will drip into your inventory during the match
- Last man standing wins
Simple summer fun, try to eliminate opponents with the new Water Balloon Item.
- Respawns on
- Will primarily be able to damage people with the new water balloon item
- First to the goal score wins
Power Up Solos
Become the most powerful player in the match. Consume as many shields as you can and fight to be the last one standing.
- Respawn on at the start, but turns off after a set time
- Max shields increase every time you consume a shield
- Shield drops in supply drops greatly increased
- Shields will fill up to full when respawning is turned off
Leave None Behind Duos
United you stand strong, but divided you fall. Leave none behind!
- Slurp effect always active while no teammates are down
- If a teammate is downed, they become immune to damage
- While a teammate is downed, all other teammates lose their slurp, and begin taking damage over time
Use With Care Duos
Resources are scarce in this mode so make sure you place builds efficiently!
- Spawn in with an initial amount of building materials
- Cannot get new resources throughout the match
- Last one standing wins
Take your time and be careful with your shots, and may whoever has the best aim win.
- Can only deal damage with headshots
- All shotguns removed
Tank Battle Squads
Simple twist on normal BR that greatly increases the health and shields players start with.
- Siphon turned on and increased to match increased health
- Ammo increased
- No healing items
Builders Paradise Squads
A paradise for builders to flex their skills and build to their heart’s content.
- Structure health GREATLY increased
- Resource gathering rates increased
- Neutral editing turned on (anyone can edit any player-built wall)
Wick’s Bounty Duos
Wick’s Bounty is back! Eliminate other players to collect other players’ coins to prove that you are the best in the business
- Spawn in with weapons and 3 lives
- Hunt down and eliminate high value targets as they appear on the map
- First to the goal score wins
Assert your dominance with a variety of different weapons. Whoever is the best, with the worst…is the best?!
- Start each game with some of the best weapons in the game
- Eliminating other players makes your weapons worse
- First to get an elimination with the final weapon wins
A new take on the classic Team Rumble. This time the stakes are higher and you have fewer friends to rely on.
- Respawning is turned on
- Green or better weapons
- First to goal score wins
Loadout Swap Squads
Show how quickly you can adapt to today’s rapidly changing world. On a set timer all players in the match will all be granted the same random loadout.
- New loadout granted on a timer
- Respawn is on
- First to goal score wins
Strategic Structures Squads
Think before you place in this twist on normal building. Which material should you use?
- Metal and stone structure healths increased
- Metal and stone resource farming increased
- Metal and stone material caps lowered