Just when you thought you’d financially recover from the Steam Summer Sale, Epic Games releases their own. Announced and subsequently sent live earlier this morning, the Epic Games Store Summer Sale has officially begun. Boasting games up to 85% off, there’s a nice mix of Triple-A titles and indie games spanning multiple genres. Unfortunately, Epic Games is not doing any type of promotion like we saw in the Mega Sale. However, if you still haven’t redeemed your $10 coupon from the last sale, you can use it during this one.
Below will be our picks for the best deals both above and below the $20 price point. When making our selection we not only looked for what deals give you the most bang for your buck but the quality of the game itself. We will only be listing the price you can currently purchase a game for, along with the percentage off from the original price.
Best Deals Above $19.99
- Rainbow Six Siege Ultimate Edition – $44.99 (-50%)
- The Outer Worlds – $29.99 (-50%)-67%
- Metro Exodus Gold Edition – $25.99 (-60%)
- Anno 1800 – $23.99 (-60%)
- World War Z GOTY Edition – $22.49 (-50%)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold Edition – $32.99 (-67%)
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – $19.79 (-67%)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – $29.99 (-50%)
- Darksiders III – $19.79 (-67%)
- Control – $29.99 (-50%)
- Civilization VI: Platinum Edition – $39.99 (-50%)
For those willing to spend a bit more money, there’s a nice selection of games available either at or above $20. The Outer Worlds and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are both fantastic RPGs that offer expansive, engaging stories. While Control and Jedi: Fallen Order scratch that action itch, delivering superb third-person gameplay that is absolutely worth experiencing. I will continue to shout from the mountains about how good Metro Exodus is until everyone on Earth plays it, while Anno 1800 is a solid strategy game that slipped under a lot of people’s radar.
If you’re more multiplayer-focused, World War Z is an intense co-op shooter, while Rainbow Six Siege continues to be one of the best competitive FPS games available. We’re also adding Ghost Recon Breakpoint to our list since Ubisoft just added A.I. teammates into the game, as the lack of them at launch was a huge issue for solo players.
Best Deals Below $19.99
- ARK: Survival Evolved – $9.99 (-80%)
- Far Cry 5 – $8.99 (-85%)
- Watch Dogs 2 – $11.99 (-80%)
- Killing Floor 2 – $9.89 (-67%)
- Trials Rising – $5.99 (-70%)
- The Escapists – $4.49 (-75%)
- Vampyr – $14.99 (-70%)
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole – $12.49 (-75%)
- Rayman Legends – $7.49 (-75%)
- RUINER – $4.99 (-75%)
- Faster Than Light – $2.49 (-75%)
- The Division 2 – $9.89 (-67%)
- Shadow Tactics – $5.99 (-80%)
- The Talos Principle – $7.99 (-80%)
- Ghost Recon Wildlands – $11.99 (-70%)
As for the savvy consumers looking to not break the bank, there are a number of terrific games that are quite cheap. Starting off with one of my favorite games, Vampyr may be a little rough around the edges, but it’s a solid third-person action title that oozes Victorian horror. Far Cry 5, Watch Dogs 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and Ghost Recon Wildlands are cheap, beloved Triple-A titles. RUINER is a dark cyberpunk action game, while The Talos Principle’s puzzles will certainly give your brain a workout.
ARK: Survival Evolved remains a wildly popular survival game while Killing Floor 2 is a gore-drenched co-op shooter. Shadow Tactics and The Escapists are for those looking to get their strategy fix. If you prefer to be filled with nothing but stress and want a punishingly difficult game, then consider giving Faster Than Light a try.
The Epic Store Summer Sale runs until August 6th, so make sure to snap up these deals before they’re gone!