Mortal Kombat 11 is… Well, it’s gross. Fatalities have never looked this silly or absolutely disgusting. And basically no other character in the history of the series is as absolutely sickening as D’Vorah. The insect queen deposits larva in her prey, births monsters to use as projectiles, and sprays unhygienic goo left and right. That being said, she’s also a fast and deadly Mortal Kombat character that holds her own by piling on pressure. That high-speed play style comes at a cost, of course, which is why we’ve made this guide! Read on for more tips to play D’Vorah in Mortal Kombat 11.
- Kollector Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Um… Is Shaggy Going to Be in Mortal Kombat 11?
- Noob Saibot Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
D’Vorah Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
It’s tough to say exactly what makes D’Vorah tick in the newest Mortal Kombat. The game isn’t out, after all! But developer Netherrealm Studios did us all a favor by showcasing this character (and many more) in video demos. So we’ve got a basic idea of what to expect. Don’t think we’re resting on our laurels, though! We’ll be sure to update this guide with better strengths, weaknesses, and tips once the game is out. For now, though, let’s take a look at what we know about D’Vorah in Mortal Kombat 11.
D’Vorah lives up to her insectoid nature as a fast and annoying fighter. Many of her moves don’t do much damage, but they add up over time thanks to her intense speed and ability to pressure opponents. She likes to set up traps, force enemies to block, then either go for a grab or force them to guess which direction she’s attacking from next. An especially nasty teleport even lets her cocoon opponents (at the cost of stamina) for an easy combo setup that also punishes zoning characters.
Finally, many of her projectile attacks attract bugs to her target, which she can recall for small but meaningful damage — over and over again. That makes it easy to eke out surprise wins and build up even more damage at range. That’s assuming you landed enough of her attacks earlier, of course.
D’Vorah lacks a singular, massive attack that does round-ending damage. That forces you to constantly pile on the pressure with combos and opens up tons of opportunities to slip up. Her projectiles, meanwhile, lack the speed and stopping power to make her a true zoning character. So D’Vorah will lose in a long-range battle against most Mortal Kombat 11 characters. You really need to use everything in her bag of tricks to win. Although she does have quite a few options.
D’Vorah Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- D’Vorah bugs can be recalled at any time and are unblockable. That gives you guaranteed damage at just the cost of a short animation.
- The spinning overhead attack, “Flipping Out,” gets a Krushing Blow after landing twice in a row. You can use it once to scare a player into blocking high, then use on of D’Vorah’s many low attacks instead.
- D’Vorah’s projectiles are slow and don’t do much damage. But that makes them perfect cover while you close in, preparing to combo or grab while they block the incoming insects.
- What bug moves you have at your disposal will depend on the gear and moves you have equipped. It’s worth trying her various moves out to see which of her insects best work with your play style.
- Also, D’Vorah has a special move that spawns a baby bug when you die. Your opponent has to defeat it before winning the round. It may not be the most effective move in her arsenal, but it’s sure to psyche some players out, possibly giving you the room to eke out a victory.
D’Vorah Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the D’Vorah Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more D’Vorah tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!