No loot shooter is complete without a heaping helping of super powerful gear. In The Division 2, that means exotic weapons with unique perks and useful stats! Exotics can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes — from assault rifles to shotguns — but each has its own special place in The Division 2 endgame. And you definitely want to find them all to give yourself the most options possible. But where are they? How do you get exotics in The Division? Well, that’s what our guides are here to help answer. This time we’re going over how to get the Sweet Dreams exotic shotgun in The Division 2.
- The Division 2 Weapon Guide – Exotics, Mods, Talents
- The Division 2 Nemesis Exotic Guide – Quest Steps, Perks
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide – How to Get The Chatterbox Exotic SMG
Sweet Dreams Perks
Shotguns in The Division 2 aren’t exactly the strongest weapons available. This is especially true for players in the late game where enemies do more damage and have more health. For that reason, many in the community laugh at how unusable the Sweet Dreams and other shotguns are.
The gun provides debuffs when you melee enemies, something that isn’t really feasible in endgame content.
A lesser appreciated part of the gun is that is provides a buff while holstered!
- Sweet Dreams: Landing a melee attack on an enemy after swapping to this weapon grants 35% bonus armor and applies the Sandman debuff.
- Sandman: This debuff prevents the enemy from using armor kits and from receiving healing from any source.
- Evasive: While equipped, dodging reloads 1% of your current weapon’s magazine.
1. Defeat Outcast Bosses
Unlike Chatterbox, Nemesis, and the rest of the exotic quest weapons, Sweet Dreams is a random drop. It has a chance of being looted after killing any Outcast boss. That said, there are a few ways to make this easier for you.
- Up the difficulty! Higher difficulty means more loot per boss!
- Complete DCD Headquarters, Potomac Event Center, or Roosevelt Island missions. These all have Outcast bosses at the end.
- Trade with a friend that you’re playing the missions with. If you can’t manage to get one yourself, a friend can give you one if they get the drop!
Thanks for taking the time to read our guide on how to find the Sweet Dreams exotic shotgun in The Division 2. We hope it helps you on your wild journey through what’s left of Washington D.C. Looking for other exotic weapons? Check out our guides for the Chatterbox SMG, Liberty pistol, and the Nemesis sniper rifle!
Be sure to check back at Fanbyte for more information on exotics, weapons, gear, and guides to The Division 2.