No loot shooter is complete without a heaping helping of super powerful gear. In The Division 2, that means exotic weapons with unique perks and useful stats! Exotics can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes — from assault rifles to shotguns — but each has its own special place in The Division 2 endgame. And you definitely want to find them all to give yourself the most options possible. But where are they? How do you get exotics in The Division? Well, that’s what our guides are here to help answer. This time we’re going over how to get the Pestilence exotic light machine gun in The Division 2.
- The Division 2 Weapon Guide – Exotics, Mods, Talents
- The Division 2 Nemesis Exotic Guide – Quest Steps, Perks
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide – How to Get The Chatterbox Exotic SMG
Pestilence is a fun weapon. It’s arguably not very good, however. Its main perks revolve around leaving behind a toxic cloud which damages enemies over time. But Division enemies really don’t make a habit out of grouping up or standing in an area where they’re taking damage. Needless to say, you might want this one in your collection, but you probably won’t use it much.
Honestly the best part of Pestilence is Outcast Resilience which gives you bonus armor whenever you have a negative status effect.
- Plague of the Outcasts: After hitting the same enemy 20 times, that enemy is inflicted with Plague of the Outcasts. Whenever an enemy with Plague of the Outcasts is killed, they leave a toxic cloud for 10 seconds that deals 200% weapon damage per second to anyone inside and inflicts them with Pestilence.
- Pestilence: This debuff reduces healing received by 50% for 10 seconds. Whenever an enemy with Pestilence would be downed, they are instead instantly killed. The debuff is removed if the enemy is repaired to full armor.
- Outcast Resilience: While holstered, gain 20% bonus armor for 5 seconds whenever you are affected by blind, bleed, or burning.
1. Kill Named Bosses in the Dark Zone
Unlike Chatterbox, Nemesis, and the rest of the exotic quest weapons, Pestilence is a random drop. It has a chance of being looted in the Dark Zone. That said, there are a few ways to make this easier for you.
- Up the difficulty! Higher difficulty means more loot per boss!
- Kill any named bosses you see in the Dark Zone. It doesn’t matter which faction they are!
- Practice your extractions. This weapon always drops contaminated so you’ll need to get it out the old fashioned way.
- Trade with a friend that you’re playing the missions with. If you can’t manage to get one yourself, a friend can give you one if they get the drop!
Thanks for taking the time to read our guide on how to find the Pestilence exotic machine gun in The Division 2. We hope it helps you on your wild journey through what’s left of Washington D.C. Looking for other exotic weapons? Check out our guides for the Chatterbox SMG, Liberty pistol, and the Nemesis sniper rifle!
Be sure to check back at Fanbyte for more information on exotics, weapons, gear, and guides to The Division 2.