No loot shooter is complete without a heaping helping of super powerful gear. In The Division 2, that means exotic weapons with unique perks and useful stats! Exotics can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes — from assault rifles to shotguns — but each has its own special place in The Division 2 endgame. And you definitely want to find them all to give yourself the most options possible. But where are they? How do you get exotics in The Division? Well, that’s what our guides are here to help answer. This time we’re going over how to get the Nemesis exotic sniper rifle in The Division 2.
- The Division 2 Tidal Basin Update: What It Adds & How to Access the New Features
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide – How to Get The Chatterbox Exotic SMG
- The Division 2 Liberty Guide – Liberty Perks, Weapon Part Locations
The Nemesis exotic focuses on helping you deal with pesky enemies. You have to charge shots to deal increased damage, but thanks to the Nemesis perk which marks enemies, you’ll deal extra damage to them!
A lesser appreciated part of the gun is that is provides a buff while holstered!
- Counter-Sniper: Shots fired deal 0-100% weapon damage based on how long the trigger is held before releasing. The time to reach max weapon damage is reduced whenever a shot does not kill an enemy it hits.
- Nemesis: Aiming at an enemy marks them as your nemesis for 15s, letting you see them through walls. Your shots gain +5% damage to your nemesis for each second they are marked, to a max of 50%.
- Preparation: While holstered, gain +25% headshot damage when scoped with your current weapon.
1. Complete the Tidal Basin Content, Unlock World Tier 5
So assuming you’ve kept up with The Division 2 and reached World Tier 4, you’re good to start your quest for Nemesis. First off, go ahead and complete the new Tidal Basin stronghold, this will progress you to World Tier 5.
2. Complete 3 Invaded Missions
After you beat the Tidal Basin stronghold, three new Invaded missions will pop up on your map. Complete each of these to unlock the Capital Building stronghold again. You’ll then need to complete that one more time to gain access to the Tidal Basin stronghold for good.
3. Complete Tidal Basin Stronghold
Now that we’ve unlocked the new stronghold, play through it again on any difficulty. Right after you destroy the first set of defenses Ortega will have you patch ISAC into a nearby laptop. You’re going to want to ignore that and go upstairs. On one of the bunkbeds you’ll find a Black Tusk Keycard, pick it up and continue on with the mission.
Eventually you’ll reach a hovercraft cargo bay. Once you’ve cleared out the room, head to the back. The game will tell you to go right through a door, but go left instead. There will be a locked door that you can open with the keycard.
Inside that room is a weapon crate with the Adrestia SR-1.
4. Dismantle Adrestia SR1
We’re making this its own step because it seems so counterintuitive, but dismantling the Adrestia SR-1 gives you Marksman Rifle: Scope – The Tally.
The description for the scope mentions three names: Klutz, Shorty, and Prime. These are Black Tusk bosses at the end of Invaded strongholds.
5. Complete the Invaded Capital Stronghold
Naturally we’re off to the Invaded Capital Stronghold since that’s the Invaded stronghold that’s active at the time of this writing. Keep in mind that the invaded strongholds are on a rotation, so the following steps can be in any order as long as you’ve completed up to step four.
For this one, just play through it and take down Prime. He’ll drop Marksman Rifle: Barrel – The Scourge.
6. Complete Invaded Roosevelt Island Stronghold
When Roosevelt Island is Invaded, head on over to fight Shorty for the Marksman Rifle: Bolt.
7. Complete Invaded District Union Stronghold
And when District Union is in rotation, go kill Klutz for the Marksman Rifle: Stock – The Bridle.
8. Complete Invaded Grand Washington Hotel
Puck, the first boss in the Invaded Grand Washington Hotel will drop Puck’s Nemesis Blueprint when you have all four of the weapon parts.
9. Craft the Nemesis!
Now you have all the most important parts of the Nemesis: the Scope, Barrel, Bolt, Stock, and the blueprint itself. But you also need some other resources, so make sure you gather those too!
Acquire all those resources, if you don’t have them already. Then take the whole pile to the Crafting Station at the White House. It’s finally time to whip you up your very own Nemesis!
Thanks for taking the time to read our guide on how to find the Nemesis in The Division 2. We hope it helps you on your wild journey through what’s left of Washington D.C. And be sure to check back at Fanbyte for more information on exotics, weapons, gear, and guides to The Division 2.