No loot shooter is complete without a heaping helping of super powerful gear. In The Division 2, that means exotic weapons with unique perks and useful stats! Exotics can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes — from assault rifles to shotguns — but each has its own special place in The Division 2 endgame. And you definitely want to find them all to give yourself the most options possible. But where are they? How do you get exotics in The Division? Well, that’s what our guides are here to help answer. This time we’re going over how to get the Merciless exotic rifle in The Division 2.
- The Division 2 Weapon Guide – Exotics, Mods, Talents
- The Division 2 Nemesis Exotic Guide – Quest Steps, Perks
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide – How to Get The Chatterbox Exotic SMG
Normally you want to hold down the trigger as long as possible, assuming no aiming issues. Merciless looks to shake this up, however. The rifle fires primer rounds which can stack up to five times in a single enemy. Releasing the trigger detonates all of the rounds detonates them, dealing much more damage.
A lesser appreciated part of the gun is that is provides a buff while holstered!
- Binary Trigger: The weapons is equipped with a binary trigger that fires on trigger pull and release.
- Guerrilla Warfare: Pulling the trigger fires primer rounds that stay embedded in an enemy. Releasing the trigger fires detonator rounds that detonate all primers on the enemy it hits. Each primer detonated gains +75% damage per primer detonated. Only one enemy can have primers and at most 5 primers can be embedded.
- Brutality: While holstered, landing a shot has a 5% chance to deal +20% damage as explosive damage.
1. Defeat Hyena Bosses
Unlike Chatterbox, Nemesis, and the rest of the exotic quest weapons, Merciless is a random drop. It has a chance of being looted after killing any Hyena boss. That said, there are a few ways to make this easier for you.
- Up the difficulty! Higher difficulty means more loot per boss!
- Complete Jefferson Trade Center, Bank Headquarters, Grand Washington Hotel missions. These all have Hyena bosses at the end.
- Grind District Union Arena Stronghold completions. It too has Hyena bosses.
- Trade with a friend that you’re playing the missions with. If you can’t manage to get one yourself, a friend can give you one if they get the drop!
Thanks for taking the time to read our guide on how to find the Merciless exotic rifle in The Division 2. We hope it helps you on your wild journey through what’s left of Washington D.C. Looking for other exotic weapons? Check out our guides for the Chatterbox SMG, Liberty pistol, and the Nemesis sniper rifle!
Be sure to check back at Fanbyte for more information on exotics, weapons, gear, and guides to The Division 2.