As per usual, a new Destiny 2 season means an all-new seasonal artifact. But what seasonal mods are available for it? Which powerful combinations will we be able to make this time around? If you’re unfamiliar with seasonal artifacts we have a rundown below including what they are, how they work, and what buffs they provide.
How to Unlock and Rank Up the Seed of Silver Wings Seasonal Artifact
You unlock the Seed of Silver Wings artifact through the first quest of the season’s story. You can’t miss it, literally. When you start up the game for the first time this season, it’ll launch you into a mission. Complete that and at the end you’ll be rewarded with the seasonal artifact!
Once you’ve unlocked it, you’ll need some time to actually upgrade the artifact itself. The artifact has an infinite number of levels which can advance your Power Level to above 1060. Artifact levels will cost more and more XP as you increase its power. If you’ve spent a bunch of time upgrading last season’s artifact, those levels have vanished and you’ll need to start the process again.
Season of Arrivals Artifact Mods – Seed of Silver Wings Mods
Long before you hit the hard level cap you’ll unlock each of the different mod tiers. In total you’ll be able to select up to 12 artifact mods to have unlocked at any given point. Keep in mind that because of the unlock limitations, at most, you can have two of the final column mods unlocked.
Column 1 Weapon Mods – Requires 0 Previous Unlocks
All of the following mods have zero energy cost.
- Anti-Barrier Auto Rifles: Shield-piercing rounds designed to bypass combatant defenses. Strong against Barrier Champions.
- Overload Rounds (Sidearm, Hand Cannons): Landing consecutive hits on enemy targets causes disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon: Aiming down sights loads a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Arrowheads: Damage by fully drawn arrows causes disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Unstoppable Burst (Pulse Rifle): Aiming down sights loads a high-impact burst that staggers unshielded enemy combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Column 2 Armor Mods – Requires 1 Previous Unlocks
Outside of rotating some of the available mods, Bungie has made Enhanced Scatter Projectile Targeting much cheaper. Last season it cost three energy, now it’ll only set you back one.
- Enhanced Pulse Rifle Loader (1-Cost, Arms): Greatly increases reload speed of Pulse Rifles.
- Enhanced Unflinching Rifle Aim (1-Cost, Chest): Greatly reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming any Rifle-class weapon.
- Enhanced Scatter Projectile Targeting (1-Cost, Helmet): Greatly improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Auto Rifles, Machine Guns, SMGs, Pulse Rifles, Sidearms, and Fusion Rifles.
- Enhanced Sword Scavenger (1-Cost, Legs): Swords get larger bonus reserves when you pick up ammo.
- Enhanced Bow Loader (1-Cost, Arms): Greatly increases the nocking speed of arrows.
Column 3 General Armor Mods – Requires 4 Previous Unlocks
These mods are less useful and focus on generating extra Glimmer or other materials. The first three remain unchanged from last season, but the final two have been rotated to focus on Taken like the Ordeal.
- Flourishing Blade (1-Cost, Legs): Defeating combatants or opponents with Swords has a chance to grant a large amount of Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Prized Shooting (1-Cost, Armor): Defeating combatants or opponents with Hand Cannons or Sidearms grants a small amount of Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Automatic Prize (1-Cost, Legs): Defeating combatants or opponents with Auto Rifles or SMGs grants a small amount of Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Dimensional Tithes (1-Cost, Legs): Defeating Taken combatants has a chance to grant a small amount of Glimmer.
- Ascendant Bounty (1-Cost, Legs): Defeating Taken combatants with your finisher grants a large amount of Glimmer.
Column 4 Chest Armor Mods – Requires 7 Previous Unlocks
Now is where things usually get interesting. These mods usually provide a good power boost and will be the meat and potatoes of your build. Breach Resonator returns from seasons past. Inferno Whip makes its second appearance in a row though it’s been nerfed to now cost double the energy supply.
- Counter Charge (3-Cost, Chest): Become Charged with Light whenever you or a member of your fireteam staggers or disrupts a Champion or pierces a Champion’s barrier.
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle (2-Cost, Arms): Aiming down sights loads a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Grenades (2-Cost, Chest): Void grenades cause disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Breach Resonator (1-Cost, Chest): Grants melee and grenade energy on final blows with shield-piercing weapons or when a member of your fireteam shuts down a Barrier Champion’s ability.
- Inferno Whip (2-Cost, Chest): Solar melee abilities stagger unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Column 5 Class Item Mods – Requires 10 Previous Unlocks
And finally there are the last column of mods, of which you can only have two. These are usually super powerful and are center points for your seasonal build.
- Oppressive Darkness (6-Cost, Class Item): Causing damage with a Void grenade adds a weaken effect to combatants.
- Solar Plexus (6-Cost, Class Item): Increases damage of all Solar melee abilities. Gain Super energy from performing finishers with a Solar subclass equipped.
- Heavy Finisher (7-Cost, Class Item): Finishers generate Heavy ammo. Requires one-half of your Super energy.
- Volatile Conduction (6-Cost, Class Item): Grants bonus Arc Super Damage if cast while critically wounded. Lasts until the end of the Super activation.
- Guardian Angel (3-Cost, Class Item): Grants a chance to generate healing orbs for you on Scout Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Bow, and Linear Fusion Rifle precision final blows.
It’s worth noting that just like the Warmind Khanjali did, the Seed of Silver Wings expires at the end of this season. It will take all of your power bonus and seasonal mods with it. Thankfully, artifact progress is shared across all of your characters! At the very least you won’t have to rank it up multiple times in the same season.
Looking for some recommended builds? Stay tuned! We’ll have those live as soon as we’ve got our hands on the full artifact.