Another new season of Destiny 2 means a new trio of Pinnacle weapons to lust after — Season of Opulence is here, and the Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit playlists all boast a bad-ass new weapon to grind for.
A new grenade launcher, sniper rifle, and bow are up for grabs. Though they will take some grinding to get. Whether you enjoy playing Strikes, Crucible, or Gambit, there’s something for every kind of Destiny player to go for.
You May Also Like:
- Destiny 2 Crown of Sorrow Raid Launches with Season of Opulence on Day 1
- Destiny 2 Invitations of the Nine Guide – Xur Bounties, Cutscenes, Lore
- Changes Coming to Leveling and the Eververse Store in Destiny 2 Season of Opulence
Season of Opulence Vanguard Pinnacle Weapon: Wendigo-GL3 – Destiny 2
The Wendigo doesn’t exactly stand out from the pack in the looks department. It has the same basic form factor and color scheme of… well, every grenade launcher and Vanguard weapon. Although it sounds especially good at crowd control in PVE. If you hate enemies that use special powers, for instance, its ability to “blind” will shut them down.
- Wendigo-GL3’s unique perk is “Explosive Light — Picking up an Orb of Light increases the next grenade’s blast radius and damage.”
- Unlike most drum Grenade Launchers, Wendigo-GL3 comes with Blinding Grenades as its magazine option for some added utility to shut down teleporting Taken Captains or that Cabal Gladiator about to get in your face.
- You can carry up to six grenades enhanced by Explosive Light, so be sure to not let any Orbs of Light slip through your fingers when you’ve got this weapon equipped.
To earn Wendigo GL3, head to Zavala and pick up the quest called “A Gift For the Worthy.” Now it’s time to head to the Strike playlist with a good grenade launcher, and get ready to rock. You will need 1500 grenade launcher final blows, 500 grenade launcher multikills, and you must earn points via kills without dying.
Grenade launcher final blows grant the most progress, so keep on grinding with GL’s and eventually you will earn the new pinnacle weapon.
Season of Opulence Crucible Pinnacle Weapon: Revoker – Destiny 2
Now we’re talking. The Revoker is a Destiny sniper rifle with serious style. Its soft edges and simple color scheme definitely help it stand out. Sadly, the perk isn’t quite as exciting as it could be. It’s all well and good to soften the blow when you make a mistake. But rewarding a good shot with extra damage (or something similar) is usually our preference.
- Revoker comes with the unique perk is “Reversal of Fortune — Missing a shot returns the bullet to the magazine after a short duration.”
- Even the greatest sniper is not a perfect sharpshooter, and you miss every shot you don’t take.
- Revoker was built with the mindset that you should always go for it, but keep in mind that Reversal of Fortune can only return a single bullet at a time.
- Along with its unique perk, this sniper has a custom low zoom Ambush SLH25 scope and Snapshot for those close quarters battles.
- Acquiring Revoker will not require reaching Fabled rank in Competitive
- Players need to earn 3500 total Glory points
- You do not lose progress when losing a match
To earn Revoker, first visit Lord Shaxx in the Tower. Pick up the quest titled “In Your Sights” from him, and get ready to snipe in the Crucible.
Pick a good sniper rifle and get ready to grind PvP. You will need 300 sniper rifle final blows, 300 sniper rifle precision final blows, and 3,500 Glory points in the Competitive playlist to land Revoker.
Season of Opulence Gambit Pinnacle Weapon: Hush – Destiny 2
Hush should be quite interesting. It’s unique perk sets it apart form other Destiny bows, and might force players to really test a different play style. You just have to be a seriously good shot with a slightly off-beat weapon type. On the bright side, this sounds equally useful in both PVE and PVP (as any Gambit Pinnacle weapon should).
- The Hush unique perk is “Archer’s Gambit“— Hipfire precision hits grant a massive draw speed bonus for a short duration.”
- This weapon is for those who proclaim mastery with the Combat Bow.
- Archer’s Gambit pays out significantly better than Archer’s Tempo, but it’s going to take a more skilled hand to get the most out of it.
- Make those shots count!
To grab yourself this new bow, visit the Drifter in the Tower. Next—you guessed it—it’s time to hit up Gambit or Gambit Prime with a good bow. Get ready to grind.
In order to unlock Hush, you will need 1,000 bow final blows, 500 bow precision final blows, and accumulate a bunch of points by earning medals in Gambit. Medals should come to you pretty naturally while playing a whole lot of Gambit, so don’t focus too hard on them and they should come eventually. Just make sure to use your bow a heck of a lot.
And that’s it for Season of Opulence’s pinnacle weapons! Good luck out there, Guardians!