The Dawning has returned to Destiny 2. While there are plenty of rewards to chase and a quest line to complete, sometimes you just forget the basics, we aren’t all professional bakers after all. In this guide, we’re going to provide the recipe for Eliksni Birdseed that you can give Hawthorne in The Tower. Additionally, you will find how to get all the ingredients, along with a few decent spots for farming these items. Remember, Hawthorne is located in over by Ikora on her perch above the city.
Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne
Mix one Ether Cane with one Personal Touch and add 15 Essence of Dawning to make Eliksni Birdseed.
More Destiny 2:
- Destiny 2 Lavender Ribbon Cookies Recipe Guide – The Dawning 2020
- Destiny 2 Thousand-Layer Cookies Recipe Guide – The Dawning 2020
- Destiny 2 Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe Guide – The Dawning 2020
How to Get The Dawning Ingredients
Unless Bungie added new ingredients in 2020, the list of ingredients has remain changed since 2018. If you need a reminder though, here’s how to get each one:
The first ingredient is a random drop from certain enemy types.
- Vex Milk: Kill Vex
- Ether Cane: Kill Fallen
- Cabal Oil: Kill Cabal
- Chitin Powder: Kill Hive
- Taken Butter: Kill Taken
- Dark Ether Cane: Kill Scorn
The second ingredient is found by killing enemies in specific ways.
- Delicious Explosion: Kills with grenades, rocket launchers, or grenade launchers
- Sharp Flavor: Kills with swords
- Impossible Heat: Kills with Solar damage
- Electric Flavor: Kills with Arc damage
- Null Taste: Kills with Void damage
- Flash of Inspiration: Generate Orbs of Light
- Personal Touch: Kills with melee
- Perfect Taste: Kills with precision damage
- Bullet Spray: Kills with submachine guns, light machine guns, or auto rifles
- Pinch of Light: Pick up Orbs of Light.
The third ingredient is called Essence of Dawning. Find it by completing just about any activity in the world, or by completing bounties for Eva. Finishing something like a Strike or a Gambit match will reward you upwards of 15 Essence of Dawning, which is what each recipe will need to complete. If you need to farm Ether Cane, anywhere you can farm Fallen is a good place to go. As for Personal Touch, all you need to do is perform melee kills for this ingredient to potentially drop.
What’s New In The Dawning 2020?
This time around, Dawning rewards are based on both personal and communal goals. There’s an all new legendary fusion rifle called Glacioclasm and the return of Cold Front and Avalanche with new perks in their pools. Then there are cosmetics, of course. A new exotic ship is the focus as you unlock and upgrade the ship’s aesthetics with three different engine effects, a unique transmat effect, and an all-new animated shader to add to your collection!
Eververse has a new Xenophage ornament, Glee Barrage, and a new Monte Carlo ornament, Merry Maker. Make sure to check those out when the event goes live! There’s three new ghost shells: Emberwick Shell, a melting candle; Little Helper Shell, an elf hat; and Tangled Shell, covered in holiday lights. If ships and sparrows are more your thing, those are available too! Silverwing Kestrel is a slim new ship with Polar Prancer and Gift Giver as sled themed sparrows. And for all you massive titans, Bungie is adding another tiny sparrow to contrast with your bulky armor: The Mirthmobile.
Keep in mind that everything will be available for bright dust at some point except the two exotic ornaments and the Happy Trails finisher. Happy Dawning, Guardians!