There are so many weapons in Destiny 2, Exotic or otherwise, that it can be really hard to know which weapons are best suited for PvE, Crucible, or Gambit. You’ve got a personal vault full of weapons, sure, but which ones should you actually be using? While it’s possible to just hop into Gambit and see what your teammates are using or what the invaders are killing you with, that’s not really a fun way to figure out what’s what. That’s why we’re here sharing the best Gambit weapons in the current meta so you can work out your loadout before diving into the game mode.
We’ll be listing at least ten options, while putting a spotlight on five of them, discussing why they’re so good to use. Keep in mind that you may need to do some adjusting depending on which weapons you don’t have and which slot you choose to outfit with an Exotic.
You May Also Like:
- The Best Crucible Weapons in Destiny 2 (September 2019 Meta)
- The Best PvE Weapons in Destiny 2 (September 2019 Meta)
- Bungie Pushes Back Release of Destiny 2 Shadowkeep
Our picks are based off a combination of a few different sources. Our largest source is the Charlemagne Discord bot, which reports the current meta. Among other things, the bot tracks weapon popularity for each game mode. This is super useful to get our baseline information. We also use general community consensus from the Destiny subreddit and our own experiences playing Gambit and Gambit Prime.
This list was last updated on September 20, 2019.
Best Gambit Weapons – Kinetic
The Mountaintop (Grenade Launcher)
The Mountaintop was a Season of the Forge pinnacle weapon. With the weapon type’s resurgence, it’s naturally the one that most player are turning to.
Blast Furnace / Bygones (Pulse Rifle)
We talk about this duo of Pulse Rifles more in our Best Crucible Weapons Guide, but the gist of it is that these are the best Legendary pulse rifles out there right now. Which one you choose comes down to preference!
Outbreak Perfected (Pulse Rifle)
It should come as no surprise that one of the latest exotic weapons, Outbreak Perfected, is among the most popular right now. But it’s not listed here simply because it’s new, it’s also extremely powerful. The exotic comes with The Corruption Spreads perk. This causes enemies that take repeated hits from the weapon to spawn SIVA nanites that attack other enemies. It also has the Parasitism perk which causes the weapon to deal bonus damage to any enemies already infected with SIVA nanites.
Ace of Spades / Spare Rations / Malfeasance / Austringer (Hand Cannon)
Austringer is the go-to Hand Cannon for just about everyone these days. It’s a guaranteed drop from the Chalice of Opulence and that makes it way more popular than just about every other option. Our Austringer guide has details on how to get it!
If you’d rather run one of the many, many exotic hand cannons Ace of Spades or Malfeasance are good options.
Breakneak (Auto Rifle)
Breakneck is an auto rifle pinnacle weapon from Season of the Forge. Therefore it comes as no surprise that it’s the best Kinetic Auto Rifle by far in Gambit. The usual Rampage perk that provides extra damage after a kill flourishes with the exclusive Onslaught perk that increases the rate of fire with each Rampage stack.
If you still have the quest, here’s a reminder as to what the quest steps are:
- Get 500 Auto Rifle kills in Gambit
- Get 100 Auto Rifle multi-kills in Gambit
- Defeat 150 challenging enemies in Gambit
- Complete 40 Gambit matches
Other Good Weapons
The Huckleberry (SMG)
Best Gambit Weapons – Energy
The Recluse / Riskrunner (SMG)
The Recluse is good because it can rapidly eliminate weak enemies. Kill an opponent with any weapon and the SMG will get a damage boost. Kills with The Recluse itself will increase reload speed for a short time.
To get it, you’ll need to be very good at Crucible as it’s one of the Season of the Drifter Pinnacle weapons.
Riskrunner has a similar functionality but it’ll require your Exotic slot.
Jotunn / Loaded Question / Telesto (Fusion Rifle)
Jotunn is a unique Fusion Rifle that you can get from the Bergusia Forge as a random drop. The reason it’s so good? If you charge it long enough, its shots track opponents before exploding and applying burn damage.
If you’ve been playing since the Season of the Forge, you might just have the Loaded Question fusion rifle. It was the Vanguard pinnacle weapon that deals bonus damage when its magazine is full.
If you’re like me and haven’t done enough grinding to get Jotunn and don’t have Loaded Question then Telesto is another good option.
Le Monarque / Subtle Calamity / Arsenic Bite-4b (Bow)
Honestly just grab a bow. Pick one! Really. They’re popular because part of this season’s pinnacle weapon quests for require kills to unlock Hush.
Other Good Weapons
IKELOS (Shotgun), Misfit (Auto Rifle)
Best Gambit Weapons – Power
Hammerhead / Thunderlord / 21% Delirium / Fixed Odds (Machine Gun)
Gambit is all about dealing with lots of adds and no weapon is better at killing them than Machine Guns. Hammerhead still reigns supreme, by far, but the new Fixed Odds LMG is also great!
Truth / Bad Omens (Rocket Launcher)
Truth is the de-facto rocket launcher thanks to its built in tracking. If you’d rather run a Legendary launcher, use Bad Omens instead.
One Thousand Voices (Fusion Rifle)
One Thousand Voices is the weapon of the invader. This gun can easily wipe out entire enemy squads if they’re grouped up. If you like killing other Guardians, this one is for you.
Outrageous Fortune / Swarm of the Raven (Grenade Launcher)
Surprisingly, Gambit is the one game mode where Wendigo GL3 isn’t the king of grenade launchers. Folks are mostly running Outrageous Fortune and Swam of the Raven right now.
Other Good Weapons
Tractor Cannon (Shotgun)
- Kinetic – Added Spare Rations, Malfeasance. Removed Go Figure, Bad Juju.
- Energy – Added IKELOS, Misfit. Removed CALUS Mini-Tool, Sunshot.
- Power – Added Bad Omens. Removed Bane of Sorrow.
- Kinetic – Added The Mountaintop and Go Figure. Removed Malfaesance and Lumina.
- Energy – Added Riskrunner, CALUS Mini-Tool, Sunshot, and Telesto. Removed Trinity Ghoul and IKELOS Shotgun.
- Power – Added Tractor Cannon, Outrageous Fortune, and Swarm of the Raven. Removed Bad Omens, Zenobia-D, and Wendigo GL3.
- Kinetic – Added Lumina, Bad Juju, and Malfeasance. Removed Wish-Ender, Spiteful Fang, Go Figure, The Mountaintop, Threat Level, and No Turning Back.
- Energy – Added Loaded Question, CALUS Mini-Tool, and Beloved. Removed Telesto, Riskrunner, and The Vow.
- Power – Added Fixed Odds and Wendigo GL3. Removed Outrageous Fortune, Edge Transit, and Tractor Cannon.
- Kinetic – Added Wish Ender, The Spiteful Fang, The Mountaintop, and Threat Level. Removed Thorn, Malfeasance, Midnight Coup, and The Huckleberry.
- Energy – Added Le Monarque, Subtle Calamity, Arsenic Bite-4b, Trinity Ghoul, and The Vow. Removed Lord of Wolves, Misfit, Prometheus Lens, Trust, and Last Man Standing.
- Power – Added Bane of Sorrow and Edge Transit. Removed Avalanche and Play of the Game.
- Kinetic – Added Outbreak Perfected. Removed Arbalest.
- Energy – Removed The Ringing Nail, Kindled Orchid. Added Trust and Last Man Standing.
- Power – Removed The Wardcliff Coil. Added Play of the Game.
- Kinetic – Added Arbalest. Removed Threat Level.
- Energy –Added Kindled Orchid and The Recluse. Removed Badlander.
- Power – Added Outrageous Fortune.
And that’s that four our guide to the best Gambit weapons in Destiny 2! Thanks for taking the time to check it out. We wish all of you trigger happy Guardians out there the best of luck with those motes of light.