There are so many weapons in Destiny 2, Exotic or otherwise, that it can be really hard to know which are are best suited for PvE, Crucible, or Gambit. You’ve got a bank full of weapons, sure! But which ones should you actually use? While it’s possible to just hop into Crucible and see what your teammates have, or what the other Guardians are killing you with, that’s not really a fun way to figure out what’s what. That’s why we’re here sharing the best Crucible weapons in the current Destiny 2 meta. That way you can work out your loadout before diving into the game mode.
We’ll be listing at least 10 options, while putting a spotlight on five in particular. Keep in mind that you may need to do some adjusting depending on which weapons you don’t have and which slot you choose to outfit with an Exotic!
- Here’s How to Power Level an Alt to 950 in Destiny 2
- The Best PvE Weapons in Destiny 2 (November 2019 Meta)
- The Best Gambit Weapons in Destiny 2 (November 2019 Meta)
Our picks are based off a combination of a few different sources. The largest is what the Charlemagne Discord bot, which reports the current Destiny 2 meta, thinks about the state of things. Among other things, the bot tracks weapon popularity for each game mode. This is super useful to get our baseline information. We also use general community consensus from the Destiny subreddit and our own experiences playing Crucible!
This list was last updated on November 5, 2019.
Best Crucible Weapons – Kinetic
Revoker (Sniper Rifle)
Revoker is a pain in the butt to get. A Season of Opulence Pinnacle weapon, it’s one of the best snipers in the game if you have it. Don’t stress if you don’t, however, just use another one of the listed weapons. Snipers aren’t super popular outside of Revoker.
With the debut of Momentum Clash, a Crucible game type which removes shields, getting Revoker is easier than ever.
Dust Rock Blues (Shotgun)
The dominance of Recluse has been noted in just about every one of our Destiny weapon meta guides. As a result, if you want a shotgun, you’re going to need a primary weapon. Dust Rock Blues is simply the easiest to obtain and one of the best.
I’m personally holding out hope that the new Blasphemer primary shotgun from the Alter of Sorrows is good enough to be in contention. Lord knows we need more good, kinetic shotguns.
The Last Word / Ace of Spades / Crimson / Thorn (Hand Cannon)
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that the best weapons in Destiny 2 Crucible, at least on PC, are hand cannons. Ace of Spades has been great since Forsaken came out. The only reason it has any kind of competition is due to The Last Word and its own Exotic quest in January.
Both of these hand cannons are fantastic in the Crucible. Ace of Spades comes with both Firefly, which causes enemies to explode, and Memento Mori. The latter is the biggest reason the hand cannon sees such frequent play. Not only does reloading after a kill give you more rounds in the next magazine, those rounds also do extra damage. And to top that all off, you get to keep your radar while aiming down the sights.
The Last Word is built to fire from the hip. This gives you the precious advantage of being able to move and jump while others have to focus on landing their shots. Unlike other hand cannons, The Last Word is a rapid fire weapon. That means you can hold down the trigger and fire away. Landing these hip fire shots cause it to reload quicker and increase your accuracy each time.
Either of these options is great if you have the choice, but it does come at a cost. You can only have one Exotic weapon equipped at a time.
Thorn and Crimson are other popular options though they’re a little bit less used than the initial two.
MIDA Multi-Tool / The Jade Rabbit (Scout Rifle)
The Season of the Undying Crucible ritual weapon requires a significant number of Scout Rifle final blows. As such, they’re currently more popular than they’d otherwise be. For the most part, players seem to be using MIDA Multi-Tool to accomplish this, but some are also turning to The Jade Rabbit.
If you don’t have either or would rather use a Legendary Scout Rifle, we recommend using one with the Full Auto perk.
Other Good Weapons
Vigilance Wing (Pulse Rifle), Bygones (Pulse Rifle)
Best Crucible Weapons – Energy
The Recluse / Riskrunner (SMG)
The Recluse is perfect for killing lots of guardians quickly. Kill an opponent with any weapon and the SMG will get a damage boost. Kills with The Recluse itself will increase reload speed for a short time.
To get it, you’ll need be very good at Crucible as it’s one of the Season of the Drifter Pinnacle weapons and is very hard to obtain. If you haven’t earned it yet, we recommend the new solo queue competitive playlist.
Riskrunner is great if you don’t have Recluse.
Luna’s Howl / Not Forgotten / Trust / Eriana’s Vow (Hand Cannons)
For those of us without Recluse, Hand Cannons reign supreme. That’s especially true if you have Luna’s Howl or Not Forgotten. If you don’t have them yet, it’s not too late to earn one! Just like Recluse, hit up the solo competitive playlist.
Mindbender’s Ambition (Shotgun)
You may hear veteran Destiny 2 players talking about grinding the Hallowed Lair strike whenever it’s live. That’s because of the Mindbender’s Ambition shotgun. It’s one of the best Legendary weapons in the game and only drops, very rarely, from the Hallowed Lair Nightfall strike.
Beloved (Sniper Rifle)
Some good news for you casual Destiny players. Beloved drops from the Menagerie as a guaranteed reward from the Chalice of Opulence. Just slide a Rune of Jubilation in Slot 1 and any red rune in Slot 2!
Erentil FR4 / Jotunn (Fusion Rifle)
Erentil is super popular with how much damage it can do at a pretty good range. Now that Jotunn is enabled once again, it too is ranking.
Best Crucible Weapons – Power
We’re swapping things up this month and simply offering you the best in class of the three most common power weapons: Machine Guns, Rocket Launchers, and Grenade Launchers.
Hammerhead / Thunderlord (Machine Gun)
Machine Guns are good, it turns out. Use them! Hammerhead is far and away the most popular option right now.
Play of the Game / Edge Transit / The Colony / Through Fire and Flood (Grenade Launcher)
Grenade launchers are still one of the two default power weapon types in Crucible. Any of the above should perform well.
The Wardcliff Coil / Truth / Zenobia-D
The trio of exotic Rocket Launchers continue to be popular. Zenobia-D is the Legendary rocket launcher that folks seem to be using the most.
Leviathan’s Breath (Bow)
Tricked ya! With the introduction of the first ever Exotic Bow, there are a good number of players making Leviathan’s Breath work!
Guide Update History
- Kinetic – Added Vigilance Wing. Removed Spare Rations.
- Energy – Added Jotunn. Removed Loaded Question, Last Perdition.
- Power – Added Leviathan’s Breath. Removed 21% Delirium, A Fine Memorial, Wendigo GL3, Deathbringer.
- Kinetic – Added MIDA Multi-Tool, Revoker, Dust Rock Blues, The Last Word, Jade Rabbit, Thorn, Crimson. Removed Sweet Business, SUROS Regime, Cerberus+1, Austringer, Outbreak Perfected, The Mountaintop.
- Energy – Added Luna’s Howl, Beloved, Not Forgotten, Trust, Eriana’s Vow, Riskrunner, Last Perdition. Removed Subjunctive, Every Waking Moment, Retold Tale, Lord of Wolves.
- Power – Added Truth, The Wardcliff Coil, The Colony, Deathbringer, A Fine Memorial, Zenobia-D, Through Fire and Flood. Removed Swarm of the Raven, Love and Death.
- Kinetic – Added SUROS Regime, The Mountaintop, Vigilance Wing. Removed Thorn, Rose, Outbreak Perfected.
- Energy – Added Erentil FR4. Removed Twilight Oath.
- Power – Added The Colony, 21% Delirium, Swarm of the Raven. Removed Through Fire and Flood, Outrageous Fortune.
- Kinetic – Added Rose, Spare Rations, and Outbreak Perfected. Removed Lumina, Bad Juju, and Militia’s Birthright.
- Energy – Added Last Perdition. Removed Fate Cries Fowl.
- Power – Added The Wardcliff Coil, Through Fire and Flood, Thunderlord, and Outrageous Fortune. Removed Fixed Odds, Bane of Sorrow, Legend of Acrius, and The Colony.
- Kinetic – Added Militia’s Birthright, Lumina, and Bad Juju. Removed Outbreak Prime, Supremacy, The Mountaintop, and Duke Mk. 44.
- Energy – Added Jotunn. Removed Kindled Orchid.
- Power – Added Fixed Odds, Legend of Acrius, and Bane of Sorrow. Removed 21% Delirium, The Wardcliff Coil, and Through Fire and Flood.
June 2019 (Update 2)
- Kinetic – Added Duke Mk.44 and Revoker. Removed Bite of the Fox.
- Energy – Added Lord of Wolves and Kindled Orchid. Removed Tatara’s Gaze.
- Power – Added Truth and Through Fire and Flood. Removed Thunderlord and One Thousand Voices.
- Kinetic – Added The Supremacy, Bite of the Fox, The Mountaintop, Austringer. Removed Dust Rock Blues, Vigilance Wing, The Chaperone.
- Energy – Added Beloved, Twilight Oath, Fighting Lion, Fate Cries Fowl, Tatara’s Gaze. Removed Not Forgotten, Kindled Orchid, Trust, Last Perdition, Right Side of Wrong.
- Power – Added One Thousand Voices. Removed Avalanche.
- Kinetic – Added Outbreak Perfected. Removed Arbalest, Duke Mk. 44.
- Energy – No changes.
- Power – Added Outrageous Fortune, The Colony. Removed Bad Omens.
- Kinetic – Added Arbalest, Thorn. Removed Go Figure, Bite of the Fox.
- Energy – Added Kindred Orchid, Last Rendition, Right Side of Wrong. Removed Wishbringer, IKELOS Shotgun.
- Power – Added 21% Delirium. Removed One Thousand Voices.
And that’s that for our guide to the best Crucible weapons in Destiny 2! Thanks for taking the time to check it out. We wish all of you trigger happy Guardians out there the best of luck in mowing down your friends.