The Demogorgon surfaced alongside the Dead by Daylight Stranger Things DLC in September. If you’ve made the purchase and are looking for tips on how to play the Demogorgon, you’ve come to the right place. This guide runs down all of the Killer’s perks and its suite of powers called Of the Abyss. We’ll also give you a handful of recommendations for add-ons.
More Dead By Daylight:
- Dead by Daylight Halloween Event Guide – Withering Blight Dates & Items2019
- Dead by Daylight Archives Guide – Release Date, DBD Rift, Tome, Auris Web Details
- Dead by Daylight Freddy Guide: Reworked Killer Power & Perks
Dead by Daylight Demogorgon Special Ability: Portals
The Demogorgon’s special power is Portals. Pressing the activate ability button places a Portal on the ground in front of you, which can be used to beam yourself to other portals on the map. There are some important things to note:
- By default, the Demogorgon can spawn up to six active Portals at any time, but add-on items can bump that number up to eight.
- Portals require at least 8 meters between each other, and four meters from Hooks and Exit Gate Switches. There doesn’t appear to be a limit on how close a Portal can be to a Generator.
- The Portal is audible to Survivors within eight meters of it. They can also destroy Portals. Each takes 12 seconds to dismantle.
- Upon exiting a Portal, the Demogorgon gains two seconds of stealth.
- Pressing and holding the Power button reveals all Survivors standing near a Portal.
Dead by Daylight Demogorgon Special Attack: Shred
Shred is the name of the Demogorgon’s special attack. By pressing and holding the attack button, the Killer can leap forward and unleash a powerful swipe. It’s a great way to close the gap if you’re chasing a Survivor. Here are a few characteristics of this attack:
- It takes one second to fully charge Shred.
- The cooldown on Shred is a decent 2.25 seconds by default. Hitting a Pallet with the attack reduces the cooldown to two seconds, while hitting a Survivor increases the cooldown to three seconds.
- Shred slightly increases the Demogorgon’s field of vision and movement speed.
Dead by Daylight Demogorgon Perks
Like all Killers, the Demogorgon can unlock three Perks through its Bloodweb. After it reaches level 30, teachable versions of these Perks appear. Once purchased, any Killer can equip them. Here’s what the Demogorgon’s Perks do:
With Surge equipped, the Demogorgon can slow Survivors’ progress on activating generators. Putting a Survivor into the dying state automatically regresses generators within 32 meters by 8%. The cooldown is every 60, 50, or 40 seconds depending on the tier of the Perk you’ve achieved.
The Mindbreaker Perk makes it tougher for Survivors to repair generators. When repairing a generator with less than 50% progression, Survivors take on the exhausted status effect. Survivors suffering from exhaustion cannot use Perks that increase movement speeds in quick succession, making them significantly easier to chase.
Once the Demogorgon unlocks the Cruel Limits Perk, all windows and vault locations within 24 meters of newly-repaired generators become blocked for Survivors for 20, 25, or 30 seconds, depending on the Perk tier.
Dead by Daylight Demogorgon – Best Add-Ons
The Stranger Things DLC introduced a handful of new add-ons to the game. We recommend a handful of the best ones for the Demogorgon below.
- Mew’s Guts – Increases the number of available Portals by one and raises the recovery speed of a missed Shred attack.
- Red Moss – Significantly increases the Demogorgon’s stealth benefits after emerging from a Portal.
- Leprose Lichen – Reveals all injured Survivors while moving between Portals.
- Upsidedown Resin – Makes it harder for Survivors to destroy the Demogorgon’s Portals.
- Deer Lung – Increases the Demogorgon’s movement speed while traveling between Portals.
And that’s everything you need to know about the Dead by Daylight Demogorgon! What do you like about this new Killer? Let us know in the comments below!