If you’re familiar with turn based games like Bravely Default 2, you’re likely already aware of the prominence of status effects. Some are super basic and a minor inconvenience. Others promise death in a short amount of time or completely stop you from determining what your character does. In this guide, we take a look at all of the ailments in Bravely Default 2 and list how you can cure each of these status effects.
Bravely Default 2 Status Effects List
For the most part, each ailment in Bravely Default 2 is either cured with Basuna or Purge. Most can also be eliminated with the use of an item like eye drops for Blindness. On top of that, some also have some common sense cures. For example, being damaged with fire cures Freezing and taking physical damage snaps your character out of being Charmed.
There are 15 different ailments in total. Rather than making you memorize each one, we’ve created a list that you can easily reference while you play!
- Poison – Deals a small amount of damage to a character each time they perform an action. Cured by antidote, Basuna, Inner alchemy, etc.
- Blindness – Makes attacks and physical abilities less likely to land. Cured by eye drops, Basuna, Inner Alchemy, etc.
- Silence – Makes a character unable to perform any magical abilities. Cured by echo herbs, Basuna, etc.
- Sleep – Makes a character unable to act for a short while. Cured by wakeup bell, Basuna, passage of time, taking physical damage, etc.
- Paralysis – Makes a character unable to act for a short while. Cured by animator, Basuna, passage of time, etc.
- Dread – Makes a character unable to use the Brave or Default commands, or to increase their BP beyond zero. Cured by balsam, Purge, passage of time, etc.
- Berserk – Physical attack is increased by 50%, physical damage is reduced by 30%, and only the Attack command may be used. Cured by remedy, Purge, passage of time, etc.
- Confusion – Causes a character to perform random actions. Cured by smelling salts, Purge, passage of time, taking physical damage, etc.
- Charm – Causes a character to perform actions that benefit the enemy. Cured by remedy, Purge, passage of time, taking physical damage, etc.
- Contagion – Causes a character to lose a little MP every turn. Cured by remedy, Basuna, passage of time, etc.
- Freezing – Causes a character to be unable to act for a while, and to take a little damage each turn. Cured by Basuna, passage of time, fire damage, etc.
- Stop – Makes a character unable to act for a short while. Cured by passage of time, etc.
- Slow – Causes a character’s turn to come around more slowly. Cured by Inner Alchemy, passage of time, etc.
- Doom – Causes a character to be knocked out after a few turns have passed. Cured by Purge, etc.
- Daub – Reduces a character’s resistance to all elements and weapon types by one level. Cured by Basuna, etc.
That’s it for now! We’re still working our way through Bravely Default 2 and plan on adding more information to our guides as we go along. Make sure to check back later to see what we’ve added!