Are you ready to heft around some really big guns and resupply your squad with ammo? The Support class is back in Battlefield V and has a bunch of new weapons, gadgets, and the all-new combat roles. Today, we’ll take a look at what the Battlefield 5 Support class has to offer so you can better decide if this is the role for you.
Light Machine Guns
You’re going to want to grab a biped for these guns. Optimized for sustained fire, these weapons are best utilized when stationary but are still usually handled by one soldier in the real world.
- KE7 – Medium rate of fire LMG. Even though this light machine gun was designed in Switzerland, the Swiss army never used it.
- Bren Gun – Based on a Czechoslovak design, with a top-mounted box magazine which gave it a distinct look.
- FG-42 – Very fast firing automatic rifle with a small magazine. Highest damage output weapon on the support kit.
- Lewis Gun – Entered Allied service in 1914. In World War 2, the British again used it as an anti-aircraft gun. Its barrel shroud and top-mounted pan magazine made it easy to recognize.
Medium Machine Guns
Medium Machine Guns are even less portable than LMGs, hence the name. In the real world, these weapons are usually handled by a pair of soldiers.
- MG 34 – The first of a kind: a portable, air-cooled machine gun with a high rate of fire. Too complex to properly mass-produce, it was later supplanted by the MG42.
- MG 42 – This machine gun was reliable, easy to use, and had an extreme rate of fire. After its introduction in 1942, it was used on all fronts.
Put down a single-use ammo bag that restores two primary and/or secondary magazines to whoever picks it up, friendly or foe. It can also provide up to three explosives (grenades) or a replacement gadget.
A mine that only explodes when a vehicle drives over it.
Combat Roles are all-new to Battlefield in this year’s installment. Each class is launching with two with more being unlocked over time through the Tides of War feature.
Your selection comes with two traits that other Combat Roles don’t have.
Engineer is the default Combat Role and is unlocked from the get-go. Its traits are pretty simple, speeding up your vehicle repair time and letting you fire stationary weapons for longer before they overheat.
- Vehicle Fixer: You repair vehicles and build Fortifications significantly faster than other Support Class Combat Roles.
- Heavy Weapons Expert: You can fire static weapons and mounted vehicle weapons for a longer duration before they overheat.
Unlike Engineer, Machine Gunner has to be unlocked through gameplay. It’s better at suppressing enemies and automatically spots them whenever they are suppressed.
- Bullet Storm: You have increased suppression ability.
- Focused Fire: Automatically spot enemies when you fully suppress them.