The default class in most Battlefield games gives you both offense and defensive skills and an arsenal that gives you the ability to perform at both close and medium range. The Assault class is back in Battlefield V and has a bunch of new weapons, gadgets, and the all-new combat roles. Today, we’ll take a look at what the Battlefield 5 Assault class has to offer so you can better decide if this is the role for you.
Assault Rifles are the meat and potatoes of most shooter games. They have the same fire rate as submachine guns but with better accuracy and more range.
- StG 44 – Considered by many to be the first real assault rifle. It combines a high rate of fire with good accuracy and stopping power.
- Sturmgewehr 1-5 – The selective-fire variant of the Gewehr 1-5 semi-automatic rifle.
- M1907 SF – Similar to the M1 carbine, only heavier and more powerful.
Semi-Automatic Rifles are similar to Assault Rifles but are better suited for medium to long range, though that’s not to say they’ll compete very well with a sniper rifle.
- Selbstlader 1916 – An early German semi-automatic rifle whose sensitivity to field conditions made it more popular with the German air force than its army. Only 1000 were ever made.
- Gewehr 43 – A rifle so sturdy it can be used as a ladder rung if needed.
- Gewehr 1-5 – A semi-automatic rifle that used the same detachable magazine as the StG 44.
- M1A1 Carbine – Very fast firing Semi Auto with a rather weak bullet. Best used within 50 meters.
- Turner SMLE – Fires faster than the Gewehr 43 but has a weaker bullet at range.
Rifle Grenade Launcher
Launch a grenade at your enemies that explodes on impact. Deals damage to both infantry and vehicles.
Throw this dynamite and choose when it explodes. Put one down an lay in wait for a vehicle or throw it into a fortified enemy position to flush them out.
Combat Roles are all-new to Battlefield in this year’s installment. Each class is launching with two with more being unlocked over time through the Tides of War feature.
Your selection comes with two traits that other Combat Roles don’t have.
Light Infantry is the default Combat Role and is unlocked from the get-go. This is one of the best all-around classes as it heals more than others and can scavenge more ammo off of fallen soldiers.
- Scavenger: Find more ammo on defeated enemies and fallen comrades.
- Battle Hardened: Regenerate a higher amount of Health than other Combat Roles.
Unlike Light Infantry, Tank Buster has to be unlocked through gameplay. It specializes in destroying vehicles and rewards you for actively doing so.
- Tank Painter: Vehicles that you damage become spotted.
- Tank Scrapper: Vehicles that you destroy yield additional Requisition.