Mortal Kombat 11 has a roster full of gods, Hollywood superstars, and time-travelers. But sometimes you just need a big angry dude with lots of teeth. That’s the role Baraka has filled ever since Mortal Kombat 2. And he’s filled it well. The Tarkatan warrior is among the easiest Mortal Kombat 11 characters to learn. Although, just like any great fighter, he will take a lot longer to master. Which is why we’ve put together this Mortal Kombat 11 guide for Baraka — to give you a head start on your journey to violent domination.
- Kollector Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Liu Kang Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Noob Saibot Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
Baraka Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
It’s tough to say exactly what makes Baraka tick in the newest Mortal Kombat. The game isn’t out, after all! But developer Netherrealm Studios did us all a favor by showcasing this character (and many more) in video demos. So we’ve got a basic idea of what to expect. Don’t think we’re resting on our laurels, though! We’ll be sure to update this guide with better strengths, weaknesses, and tips once the game is out. For now, though, let’s take a look at what we know about Baraka in Mortal Kombat 11.
“Baraka doesn’t subscribe to the New Yorker,” according to Netherrealm. That is to say: He’s an extremely simple character meant to do what he does best. And what Baraka does best is control the ground. He doesn’t have a ton of fancy, high-flying moves, teleports, or projectiles. Although his spark shot ranged attack is a good deal faster in Mortal Kombat 11 than some previous games.
Baraka is also uniquely suited to up-close-and-personal battle on the ground thanks to his flag. This new item can be deployed for a quick damage boost whenever Baraka stands next to it. He can also incorporate the flag into a charging attack that lets him close the distance — with armor — to run up on zoning characters. Finally, a ranged command grab makes it harder than ever for foes to keep him at a distance.
Baraka is as Baraka does in Mortal Kombat 11. And more advanced players might find his limited options a bit… Well, limiting! He won’t give you a lot of options to psych or zone out players. Meanwhile, Baraka’s reliance on his flag for bonus damage and certain moves will naturally slow him down. You might just get plain bamboozled by trickier opponents.
Baraka Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Spine Burst is an incredibly versatile anti-air move. It launches spikes quickly all around Baraka, knocking your airborne opponent down.
- Make sure to use your War Banners frequently, as they provide Baraka an attack boost when he’s close.
- Also, with the right equipment, you can do various moves with the War Banner. Players may not expect Baraka picking the banner up and impaling them with it!
- Use your arm blades to get a little more range. Baraka is a very much a close range character but the blades can catch a fighter off-guard.
- You can do some tick damage overtime with certain moves, like Leg Kebob and Gutted. Great for players that keep running away!
Baraka Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Baraka Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Baraka tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!