Raiden makes the world go round in Mortal Kombat 11. Well, he helps keep one world spinning for another day, at least. As the protector of Earthrealm, he’s got a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. So it’s a shame that the stress of command made him just a bit evil over time. Still, the character is an absolute icon of the Mortal Kombat franchise. It just wouldn’t be the same without him around! And he’s earned that position with a really interesting moveset that requires some skill to master. Which is why we created this Mortal Kombat 11 guide to Raiden — with tips and tricks aplenty. Let’s take a look!
- Frost Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Sub-Zero Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Raiden Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Raiden in Mortal Kombat 11.
Raiden lives up to his reputation as the Thunder God with magnificent speed and reach. That makes him an excellent character to punish slow and/or sloppy opponents, since you can sneak in solid combos whenever they mess up. You can further take advantage of his basic strengths with his massive variety of moves. Raiden has solid options whether you’re up close or at a distance, and can switch between the two in an instant.
Raiden can be ironically easy to punish as well. His signature Superman launch is back in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s also great for closing long distances! But it’s hilariously easy to block and counterattack. You seriously have to know what you’re doing to use it effectively. Meanwhile, since his various attacks work from a variety of ranges, you really have to memorize what moves to use where. Distance and positioning are huge factors to playing him effectively.
Raiden Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- While Raiden may seem like a far-range character, he actually has a number of quick, close-range combos to take advantage of… You might even call them lightning fast.
- Raiden’s actual lightning skills are very powerful, but require proper spatial awareness to perform. Otherwise you’ll whiff the attack and open yourself up to a counterattack.
- Out of all the characters that require proper position and mastery of specials to really get the hang of, Raiden is probably the easiest to learn due to his quick combo recovery. If this is the kind of fighter that interests you, Raiden is your gateway character to Mortal Kombat 11!
- Raiden’s Fatal Blow has a bit of an upwards arc. If you time it right, you might be able to use it as an anti-air move. It’s pretty hard to pull off, though.
Raiden Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Raiden Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Raiden tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!