New classes are arriving to Lost Ark a couple of months after the initial release in the West. This first one is the Glaivier, who you may know as the Lancemaster from the Korean version. Presenting herself with two different stances, she has quite a bit to offer if you were looking for an excuse to return. This guide explains everything you need to know about the Lost Ark Glaivier class, including the full skills list.
If you’re in need of more help, we also have guides covering a walkthrough of the main quests, the main character mechanic, how to unlock a free pet, whether to save or run away from Gerka, leveling to 50 and what to do, how to unlock sailing, two Powerpass tickets, the hotfix schedule, best classes for PVP and PVE, Ghost Ship locations, and 16 tips that may come handy.
Lost Ark Glaivier – How it Works
The Glaivier is an advanced class of the Martial Artists (Female) class, and you don’t need to do anything in particular to gain access. Just boot up the game, select any of your available character slots, and pick the class. After going through the tutorial phase, make the selection before embarking on the main quest and you’ll be all set.
The Glaivier is a melee-focused class that uses a spear as a primary weapon. As a specialty, you can switch between Flurry and Focus stances, each packing different skills. In addition, there is a Dual Metter mechanic that triggers an additional effect if you change stances at the right time.
It’s going to take some time to know how the class is going to fare in PVE and PVP, but from my own short experience, they’re a highly agile character. Attacks cover quite a bit of ground and it’s easy to leap towards enemies, gaining a bit of height in the process. The spear itself has a decent range, too, which can be great to chase people trying to escape your reach in PVP.
Lost Ark Glaivier Skills List – Flurry, Focus, and Awakening Skills
You can find all the Glaivier skills below:
Flurry Stance Skills
- Double Strike: Strike with your spear 2 times, inflicting damage.
- Windsplitter: Strike with your spear in multiple directions, inflicting damage and pulling foes close.
- Stampeding Slash: Madly brandish your spear while moving forward, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a finishing blow that inflicts damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Wheel of Blades: Spin sideways, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a finishing blow that inflicts damage. Airborne foes hit by the spinning attack are launched in the air again, and then get slammed to the ground with the last blow.
- Flash Kick: Use your spear as a lever to advance forward, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a strong kick that inflicts damage.
- Vault Stick: your spear in the ground and do a somersault, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air.
- Blue Dragon’s Claw: Move forward, inflicting damage, then spin your spear to inflict damage 6 times and retreat. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Half Moon Slash: Drag your spear across the ground while moving forward, inflicting damage 2 times, followed by a diagonal upward slash that inflicts damage. Hit foes are launched in the air.
- Chain Slash: Strike upward with your spear to inflict damage and launch foes into the air then slash with your spear while advancing forward, inflicting damage. Afterward, slash 2 times in the opposite direction, inflicting damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Cutting Wind: Move forward past foes to inflict damage 3 times and return to your position, inflicting damage.
- Soul Cutter: Slide forward and swing your spear to inflict damage before immediately going back and crouching down. Use the skill again to charge forward and inflict damage 2 times, then quickly swing your spear to the left and right for one final strike that inflicts damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Raging Dragon Slash: Enlarge your spear and spin 360 degrees to inflict damage, knocking foes back.
- Spear Dive: Jump up and thrust your spear forward and inflict damage to nearby foes before performing a rotating kick attack that inflicts damage 4 times. Use the skill again to land at the target location, swing your spear, and inflict damage.
- Shackling Blue Dragon: Spin your spear where you stand and strike down with force, creating a shockwave that inflicts damage. Foes hit by this skill will see a decrease in Crit Resistance.
Focus Stance Skills
- Spiraling Spear: Lower your stance and thrust your spear, inflicting damage.
- 4-Headed Dragon: Thrust your spear 8 times in front of you, inflicting damage, followed by a finishing thrust that inflicts even more damage.
- Thrust of Destruction: Gather energy onto your spear, inflicting damage to foes at close range, then thrust forward, releasing a beam of energy that inflicts damage while knocking foes back.
- Starfall Pounce: Jump within range of the target location and create a shockwave as you land, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air. You can change direction before you land.
- Dragonscale Defense: Block attacks from the front with your spear, negating damage in proportion to your Max HP. If you successfully block an attack within 1.1s, thrust your spear forward for damage 2 times.
- Red Dragon’s Horn: Hold the skill hotkey to focus your mind and gather energy, then aim and thrust your spear toward a foe within a 12-meter radius at a 90-degree angle, inflicting damage. Hit the perfect Zone to extend the attack range up to 16 meters, inflicting damage and knocking foes back.
Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Spear Meteor
Perform an attack at the target location. Leap backward while facing forward, focus energy onto your spear, and throw it at the target area. The spear strikes the ground to inflict damage, then causes an explosion that inflicts damage, knocking foes back with the last hit.
Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Storming Red Dragon
Focus your mind and thrust your spear in front of you to inflict damage, then pull it back, inflicting damage and pulling foes closer. Afterward, swing your spear and inflict damage 5 times, followed by a series of thrusts that inflict damage 8 times. Move past foes and deliver a finishing blow, inflicting damage and knocking foes back.
Lost Ark Glaivier Engravings – Class Engravings
Below you can find the class-specific Engravings for the Glaivier:
Continuing and enhancing the stance swapping nature of the Glaivier, the Pinnacle Engraving replaces the Dual Meter Stage 3 effect, granting increasingly powerful bonuses as you progress through the three levels of Engravings.
Control disables the Focus stance but increases the damage of Flurry skills by 18% at level 1, 27% at level 2, and 36% at level 3. While you’ll have access to fewer skills, and no swapping for bonuses, this damage increase will help you pack a punch.
That is all you need to know to get started with the Glaivier in Lost Ark! Have fun trying out the new class.